PDA

View Full Version : New Mixer?

Cj_The_Dj
07-01-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi Guys,

For some reason we had a power cut at home, it was only a few seconds. but blow behringer mixing desk :Censored: (well left channel). I now make sure I even use a sure protector at home.

so I now need a new mixer/mixing desk.

It must be 19", have at least 3 mic and 4 stereo channels, I would prefer inputs on back but I'm not to picky oh yer it MUST have pfl (my last one didn't :( lol)

oh and i have a small budget of £150.00

Can anyone recomend anything?

discomobiledj
07-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Have you looked at any retailers? www.whybuynew.co.uk, www.electromarket.co.uk

Dynamic Entertainment
07-01-2009, 10:07 PM
http://www.terralec.co.uk/dj_mixers/professional_8_channel_mixer/23597_p.html :) 4 Stereo & 4 Mic channels.

nigelwright7557
07-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Hi Guys,

For some reason we had a power cut at home, it was only a few seconds. but blow behringer mixing desk :Censored: (well left channel). I now make sure I even use a sure protector at home.

I always use a filtered mains extension on my audio side.
Gets rid of (or at least reduces) pops through the mains.
Pubs are notorious for having pumps which have inductive motors and these give off huge back EMF's when switched off. Its these huge back EMF's that blow equipment up if the equipment doesnt have mains filters already in it.

Tom
07-01-2009, 10:37 PM
Why do you need 3 mic inputs by the way???

If you can get away with two mics, then take a look at the Behringer VMX1000.

ppentertainments
07-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I highly reccomend the Numark cm200 (also available with usb). Just google it and you will find plenty of suppliers.

I bought one in the summer and find it great, with plenty of inputs, including 3 mic inputs. It's nothing fancy but does what it says.

spin mobile disco
07-01-2009, 11:36 PM
Yes the numark cm 200 or the numark 200fx both very good mixers I have had both and find them reliable. A bit of shopping around should get you a 200fx under £150 it has 4 channels all of which can use line input and mic input on each and also a didicated dj mic channel as well.

Excalibur
08-01-2009, 06:44 AM
No experience of the Terralec, it has a lot of capability for very little money. :eek:
Numark are well regarded, I use this. It's a whisker over your budget, not everyone's choice, but we can't all be the same.
http://www.ukdj.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=10440

Are you absolutely sure that a channel has gone on your mixer? Do some substitution testing to be sure before you spend unnecesary cash. ;)

Dynamic Entertainment
08-01-2009, 08:36 AM
No experience of the Terralec, it has a lot of capability for very little money. :eek:

I had looked at it on the website a few times, then a nightclub i do some occasional work in got one :eek: (they do a lot of cheesy PA's with the likes of Lionel Vinyl, Brutus Gold type stuff (google it and see how cheesy it is)) and i can honestly say that its a fairly solid little mixer. I was apprehensive about it at first (was thinking of getting it for karaoke) but then using it changed my mind (then realised i cant sing so ditched the karaoke idea:) )

ppentertainments
08-01-2009, 09:10 AM
Numark are well regarded, I use this. It's a whisker over your budget, not everyone's choice, but we can't all be the same.
http://www.ukdj.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=10440

Are you absolutely sure that a channel has gone on your mixer? Do some substitution testing to be sure before you spend unnecesary cash. ;)

I used to shop quite a bit with terralec. Great customer service but tbh a lot of what they sell is budget standard. Am now shopping locally rather than online as have had one or 2 'faulty purchases' so it's easier to take backto shop rather than pay postage, wait etc.

Dynamic Entertainment
08-01-2009, 04:38 PM
I used to shop quite a bit with terralec. Great customer service but tbh a lot of what they sell is budget standard. Am now shopping locally rather than online as have had one or 2 'faulty purchases' so it's easier to take backto shop rather than pay postage, wait etc.

Cant disagree with you there. I dont buy audio equipment (etc) off them but do but a fair bit of hardware (cables, connectors etc) and ttheyve alwats been spot on. Placed an order yesterday at 2.30is and had it by 10 this morning. Ive had a few dodgy purchases in the past, not necessarily with Terralec, and theyve always used a courier who collects the faulty item when they drop off the new one.

ppentertainments
08-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Cant disagree with you there. I dont buy audio equipment (etc) off them but do but a fair bit of hardware (cables, connectors etc) and ttheyve alwats been spot on. Placed an order yesterday at 2.30is and had it by 10 this morning. Ive had a few dodgy purchases in the past, not necessarily with Terralec, and theyve always used a courier who collects the faulty item when they drop off the new one.

Just re-read my post and just to add, to keep myself safe :D , none of my faulty purchases have in fact come from terralec.

Like Steve, I find their prices for cables and connectors very reasonable.