PDA

View Full Version : SEDA ShowNight Sunday 18th Jan 2009

Paul Forsyth
14-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Hi all,

Apologies for my second post being spam - but hopefully it'll be of inerets to some.

The first ShowNight of 2009 is looking to be another great night!!!!!

SEDA ShowNights are Bi-Monthly physical meetings primarily for members but also open to visitors (at no charge), offering the opportunity to see new kit, meet and network with colleagues, suppliers and other related businesses and individuals and also generally discuss our industry.

All are very welcome, so if you've ever wondered what goes on please feel free to come along. Also if you came along a few years ago and weren't too keen, come and see us again, things change.

This ShowNight we celebrate SEDA’s 35th year!!!

We look forward to continuing the success of bringing new product, industry news, business education, new music, etc to our membership and the wider DJ community and continuing our relationships with manufacturers, DJ associations, Online DJ Forums, and other industry and business associates.

ShowNight features:

THE LAUNCH!!! – The big surprise - come and find out what it’s about. .

Allen & Heath – A first visit to SEDA ShowNights.

ProLight – Bringing a selection of their vast product line including some very hot new products.

Denon – With our expert Gary Job on hand to answer any questions and show you how to get the best out of your kit.

Allied Sound and Light – Our featured Retailer – Promising great kit at great prices and some extra special one-offs

GloSticks UK - Fun glo products at fantastic prices – Time to replenish your stock.

SEDAshop – for all of your basic needs (and including SEDA Contract Pads (Members Only).

Nelly B’s Promo Corner – Hot Promos - Bringing you future hits and top tunes.

The Essential Selection – Giving you advice and a get out when faced with requests that are form a genre you don’t know well and are outside of your comfort zone.

Bring and Buy Table – A great chance to clear out all your “junk” make some money on it and take home someone else’s “junk”

We will, of course, be holding the legendary SEDA raffle with half the raffle funds raised given as first prize the other half going to RNID.

STOP PRESS – Our friends at ProLight have promised to add a something very nice to the raffle, another reason for coming (as if you needed one)

Please come along if you can, and remember to bring some business cards as the ShowNights are excellent networking opportunities.

Thanks for reading and hope to see you there,

Paul Forsyth
SEDA - Vice Chairman / Events

Details of the ShowNight

Date Sunday 18th January 2009

Times Doors open 19.30
Finish 22.30 - 23.00

Venue The Village Hotel
Castle View, Forstal Road, Sandling, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 3AQ. Just off the M20 J6.
DO NOT USE THE ABOVE POSTCODE FOR SAT NAV - IT WILL TAKE YOU MILES AWAY!!!
Satellite Navigation:
For programming satellite navigations systems please use postcode ME14 3AS.

I think that covers most of it.

If there's anything else you need to know, please give me a shout.

R.O.A.R.

Unfortunately we do (very rarely) get serial visitors who claim they see no value in joining but would like to attend the ShowNights. We feel that the ShowNights are one of our members favourite benefits and therefore as a general rule would expect someone that wanted to attend on a regular basis to join the association.(As a guide we would not expect a visitor to attend more than 2 ShowNights)

Tom
14-01-2009, 07:17 PM
I will be there. :)

This will be my second time and would like to have a chat with someone face to face (much better than over the internet) about a few things. :)

Paul Forsyth
14-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Hi Tom

Look forward to seeing you there.

Hopefully I'll be able to answer any questions you've got on the night, if not I'll try to find someone that can.

Daryll
14-01-2009, 10:31 PM
Always an excellent night.
Apart from Ian. Brian Paul and Theo, I don't really know anyone , So this time I will blatantly ware my red Crimson tide sweat shirt :approve: so if you see me ( well built (ok fat)) , please come and say hello.

Daryll

Paul Forsyth
14-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Be good to see you there Daryl, and hopefully a little something we have planned might help that situation.

Tom
14-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Tom

Look forward to seeing you there.

Hopefully I'll be able to answer any questions you've got on the night, if not I'll try to find someone that can.

You too.

That would be nice. Just a few silly things really. :)

Always an excellent night.
Apart from Ian. Brian Paul and Theo, I don't really know anyone , So this time I will blatantly ware my red Crimson tide sweat shirt :approve: so if you see me ( well built (ok fat)) , please come and say hello.

Daryll

If I see you, I will come over and say hello. :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-01-2009, 10:22 AM
I might be coming. Got to see if I can drag a couple of others....

Paul Forsyth
15-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi Darren,

Be great to see you there. You know the routine you bring the visitors we'll supply the membership forms, thumbscrews and branding irons.

Oops - hope I didn't put anyone off..........................

Solitaire Events Ltd
15-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Hi Darren,

Be great to see you there. You know the routine you bring the visitors we'll supply the membership forms, thumbscrews and branding irons.

Yeah, I remember...:eek: :D

Adam_F
15-01-2009, 04:43 PM
THE LAUNCH!!! – The big surprise - come and find out what it’s about. .

Perhaps the Denon DNS 3700 and the DNX 1100??

Steve the DJ
15-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Perhaps the Denon DNS 3700 and the DNX 1100??

Maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with equipment? ;)

Tom
15-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with equipment? ;)

Could it be Denon paying for a produb licence for anyone who owns a hd2500??? :D:D:D (crossing my fingers, lol)

Tom
18-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Was a good night tonight. Met a few more people, which is good. :)

Shame about the sound. Yes, there was feedback from the Bose system. lol. But I thought the sound was a little harsh on the top end and there was a lack of bass also.

I don't know If I can post anything else. Best wait till Darren get's a read of this first.

Also Denon have a new website, which also does look very nice.Just a warning, the website does have music from the start so if you want to look at the website at work, then turn the sound down if you have speakers.

Denon have some new equipment out. :D:D:D. I new mixer and also a new CDJ, which is supposed to be the and I quote from Gary at Denon "The Pioneer Killer"

It is called the DN-S3700 (http://www.denondj.com/DN-S3700-P79.aspx). It has a 9" platter which is a lot bigger than the other models and other brands out on the market now. From what I have just read online, it looks a lot easier to use has better functions on it.

They also have a new mixer which is called the DN-X1100. There wasnt much info about this but click here (http://www.denondj.com/DN-X1100-P107.aspx) to read more.

Denon also have a new mixer which is called the DN-X1700 but sadly this will not be out for a while yet.

Penfold42
18-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Shame about the sound. Yes, there was feedback from the Bose system. lol. But I thought the sound was a little harsh on the top end and there was a lack of bass also.

:jawdrop:...............:D :D :D :D

Tom
18-01-2009, 11:07 PM
:jawdrop:...............:D :D :D :D

:lol:

Forgot to add, Prolight have bought out some new led lights that have rotation. Same old dots but they not move round in circles. lol

Daryll
18-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Just got back (1 hour 40 minutes drive).
Excellent evening , sorry we had to leave early , but work commitments etc :( .
I thought the personal introductions were a great idea, I can now put faces to the forum.

Darren: a pleasure to meet you at last, and Danno13. there were others but its late and I am too tired to remember names at the moment :(

I was well impressed with the prolight LED centre piece :D , a very good turnout.

Daryll

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Yep, nice to meet you too Daryll. These shownights really are good value and I urge anyone in the area to pop down for the next one.

Paul and John Kidd (chairman) really hold the evening together well and there is plenty going on. Manufacturers, retailers with decent bargain, new products, product launches, new tunes to listen to and a whole load of other stuff.

Don't buy the sausage and mash from the Hotel though - very disappointing...Danno's chicken wings looked much better!

Paul Forsyth
19-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Firstly huge thanks to all that made the effort to come down. I hope you had a good time and found it worthwhile.

Sorry to hear about your sausage Darren, but thanks for the heads up on the chicken wings.

Great to meet you Tom and hope I managed to answer your questions ok, if there's anything else you need to know just drop me a line.

For those still wondering the "Surprise" was a little smoke and mirrors and was actually the launch of a new logo and website for SEDA
Hopefully those that were there will agree it was a good bit of fun complete with real bouncers protecting the clothed box.

Anyway once again thanks for your support guys and if you have any questions about membership or anything else SEDA related please drop me a line and I'll do my best to answer or find someone else that can.

Cheers,

Paul

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-01-2009, 12:44 PM
Sorry to hear about your sausage Darren

:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

By the way, you still have my old number on the new SEDA website.

Paul Forsyth
19-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Passed it on and hopefully we'll get it sorted today

sparc
19-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Passed it on and hopefully we'll get it sorted today
Sorted....

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Sorted....

Thanks Brian. :)