PDA

View Full Version : Lighting opinons...

DJS
16-01-2009, 04:14 AM
Currently my lighting setup uses the following...

2 x Abstract Gladiator Revo's 250w
1 x Abstract Twister 4 250w
2 x Abstract Twister 2's
1 x ACME ImpossibLED.

From venue to venue i change my centrelight between the Twister 4 and ImpossibLED, but now fancy ditching my Twister 2's and either purchase another ImpossibLED, or be forced to bid on a second hand Twister 4 (mine isn't the new 'HP' version) so i can have a complete DMX setup, and a better lightshow in my opinion.
I think the ImpossibLED's a great light, but with the amount of light it puts out, im worried that a pair will look a bit 'overpowering'?

Depending on which i go for it'll either be set-up like this...
Gladiator - ImpossibLED - Twister4 - ImpossibLED - Gladiator
Or this...
Gladiator - Twister4 - ImpossibLED - Twister4 - Gladiator

Any idea's on what i should go for, or does anyone currently run 2 ImpossibLED's together and rate them as a pair?

Cheers,

Scott.

Bouncy Dancefloor
16-01-2009, 09:21 AM
you cant beat a pair of twister 4's. especially with the revolutions

impossibLED's are very sameish, so two would just put out ridiculous amounts of dots that dont move

however the impossibLED debate will rage on forever and ever

Totally Plucked
16-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Personally I would go with the 2 Impossibleds have been running a pair for over 7 months, As Bouncy states it's a great debate, other people's preferences are different it's all down to personal choice.
Personally I'm trying to cut the amount of kit down and have yet to come across a single light that offers so much room coverage as the Impossibled.

DJS
16-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Im sure the ImpossibLED argument will continue on for years, but it does offer a lot of light coverage for little money, making for a good light show as just a pair, and the fact of lasting for ages with no bulb changes, something sadly that the Abstract range like to eat for breakfast!

I'd love another Twister 4, but finding one in the same condition as mine will be quite tough, from what ive seen on ebay.
For some reason or another all of my Abstract lights when linked together with the hand controller, end up going out of sync with each other, and one always ends up showing half and half of two 'gobos'?:confused:
The dip switches are set as per the manual, but this does make me think about getting another Twister 4.
Im sure two ImpossibLEDs linked with the CA-8 will be more reliable but, :bang: all of those 'dots'!!

Hmmm, i wonder how much i could get a pair of Futurescans for?.....

Scott.

DeckstarDeluxe
16-01-2009, 06:46 PM
I have the same proplem with my set up. Got the impossiled usually pointing at the floor and two mircaleds pointed upwards and seems like alot of dots!

I keep looking at the mystics as they cover a wider area and they dont appear on the videos ive seen to be as bright and overpowering as the impossiled! I think if you take two then you'll be struggling to bring any other lights into the show unless you black them out?

Speaking of which does anyone here use the mystics? they look ugly but seem to get a good effect

Shakermaker Promotions
16-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Another mention of the Mystics.... They are great lights and give something different to the whole led dots thing. They are bright (claimed to be as bright as a 250w bulb). I use two of them linked togeather on each end of the crossbar and the coverage is great. They may look ugly but they do the job and get some great comments, especially used with haze.

Deja vu...I'm sure I have said all of that before.

DeckstarDeluxe
16-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Another mention of the Mystics.... They are great lights and give something different to the whole led dots thing. They are bright (claimed to be as bright as a 250w bulb). I use two of them linked togeather on each end of the crossbar and the coverage is great. They may look ugly but they do the job and get some great comments, especially used with haze.

Deja vu...I'm sure I have said all of that before.

Dont happean to have any videos of them in action with your set up?

Shakermaker Promotions
17-01-2009, 12:03 AM
No unfortunately, but there are a couple of videos on YouTube of a couple of them linked togeather.

DeckstarDeluxe
17-01-2009, 02:10 PM
No unfortunately, but there are a couple of videos on YouTube of a couple of them linked togeather.

One thing that puts me off is the dots look very square and quite dated while the impossibled and the mircaleds are very bright round dots.