PDA

View Full Version : Stairville LED Par 56 Dip switch settings

DJ James Lake
16-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Have just managed to pick up a used set of Stairville LED par 56 cans but alas no manual.

Does anyone have a list of the various dip switch combinations for the colours available to save me hours of trying to suss them out.

Danno13
16-01-2009, 09:20 PM
From memory, for preset colours you need to use dips 1 - 6. 1&2 for red, 3&4 for green, 5&6 for blue.

sp-entertainment
16-01-2009, 10:05 PM
i still got a couple of the manuals what do you need to know and ill tell you

DJ James Lake
16-01-2009, 11:15 PM
i still got a couple of the manuals what do you need to know and ill tell you

Its the dip switch setttings to get the colours manually I need. I've got the main ones, red, green and blue, its the other combinations I need.

I have pm'd you my email address in case you can scan the manual and email it to me as I cant find it anywhere online.

Mission
16-01-2009, 11:32 PM
I've just had to send mine back to Thomann as they were faulty. From a few Leds to 22 Leds not working.

Manual Mode Dip 7&8 On
1&2 is Red (1 on and 2 off = 25% Red) (1 off and 2 On =50% Red) ( 1 on and 2 on = 100% Red)
3&4 Green (see above)
5&6 Blue (see above)

Hope that makes sense.

john binary
12-06-2009, 01:04 PM
hi guys , any ideas on how to set the par 4 led can to stand alone colour scroll on the dip switches

thanks john binary

Spirits High
12-06-2009, 05:31 PM
hi guys , any ideas on how to set the par 4 led can to stand alone colour scroll on the dip switches

thanks john binary

John,

Please pop over to the Newbies section and say hello.

You'll probably get the answer you're looking for then;)

DeckstarDeluxe
17-05-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm sat here with my stairville cans. Can I check that yours have 12 switches? (DMX noob here) Trying to hook these up to a controller now.

AndyC
18-05-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm sat here with my stairville cans. Can I check that yours have 12 switches? (DMX noob here) Trying to hook these up to a controller now.

I have some of the cheap starville cans from thonman but they only have 8 dip switches. I run them with Mydmx and they are set up like this
Par 1 pin 1 on the rest off
Par 2 pins 2 + 3 on the rest off
Par 3 pins 1, 2 and 4 on the rest off
Par 4 pin 5 on the rest off

It does sound like you have different cans to me but this might help

or you could download the my dmx software (it's free) and when you select your fixtures it gives you the dip switch setting.

Best of luck

Andy

Jiggles
18-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Simple enough to learn! :)

http://www.onstagelighting.co.uk/stage-lighting-tools/dmx-dip-switch-calculator/

HTH. the extra DIP switches will be for extra functions of the cans.

DeckstarDeluxe
18-05-2011, 12:43 PM
According to my manual if you set switches 10,11,12 off then that puts them into the controller mode and I've set the first can to 1 (switch 1 on and the rest off) and getting nothing.

Does that sound correct? If I know the likely source of where I'm going wrong it'll save me some time.

Jiggles
18-05-2011, 02:29 PM
That sounds like it would then work on DMX channel 1 - 4 (if its a 4 channel fixture). What cans are you using?

Rory C
20-01-2012, 05:56 PM
Here you go - I'm selling some on ebay and caught this thread so I PDF'd the user manual...

http://speedy.sh/EkDbK/Stairville-Par-56-LED-User-Manual.pdf

Hope this helps!

www.rjccevents.com
www.portablenightclubs.co.uk

bedrock
21-01-2012, 09:42 PM
i am also looking for the user manual for Stairville PAR 56 LED with 8 dip switches on the back .my mate is in a band and he has borrowed my led lights wich are are showtec par 58 but he has a stairville par 56. so i conected them up to my controler the chauvet obey 3 and my lights setting on the dmx dont match the stairville par 56 .the showtec dip switches go to go 1 to 10 and the Stairville PAR 56 light goes 1to 8 dip swich and when using the preset mode the Stairville PAR 56 is going in sequnce with the showtec ones any advice

Rory C
21-01-2012, 09:58 PM
i am also looking for the user manual for Stairville PAR 56 LED with 8 dip switches on the back .my mate is in a band and he has borrowed my led lights wich are are showtec par 58 but he has a stairville par 56. so i conected them up to my controler the chauvet obey 3 and my lights setting on the dmx dont match the stairville par 56 .the showtec dip switches go to go 1 to 10 and the Stairville PAR 56 light goes 1to 8 dip swich and when using the preset mode the Stairville PAR 56 is going in sequnce with the showtec ones any advice

I'm not familiar with the Showtec Par 58 but the Chauvet Obey 3 is a 3 channel controller designed for RGB LED fixtures. You would need to have the pars in 3 channel (RGB) mode, if this funtion is available.

Here's a copy of the Showtec Par 56 LED manual (10 dip switches) if that helps:

http://speedy.sh/cUjW2/Showtec-Par-56-User-Manual.JPG

Rory
www.rjccevents.com

bedrock
21-01-2012, 10:13 PM
i have the showtec one . its the stairville 56 i want what has 8 dip switches

Get Me A DJ
21-01-2012, 11:32 PM
Sounds like the controller board for those cans is the same as the soundlab units. so in theory the dips are the same as those quoted by the other guys.

bedrock
22-01-2012, 12:34 AM
cause the 2 par cans the showtec have numbers on 1-10 and the other one the stairville has dip swich numbers 1-8 and the 1 to 8 dosent seem to work on the controller when i press the buttons on the controler i press cyan the showtec goes to cyan the stairville goes to red i want them all to be the same colour when i press the preset mode coulors

Corabar Entertainment
22-01-2012, 12:55 AM
its the stairville 56 i want what has 8 dip switchesIsn't that what Rory linked to in his first post on this thread?

Here you go - I'm selling some on ebay and caught this thread so I PDF'd the user manual...

http://speedy.sh/EkDbK/Stairville-Par-56-LED-User-Manual.pdf

Hope this helps!

www.rjccevents.com

DeckstarDeluxe
10-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Urgh..... me again

I had this LED operator 4 working fine for about a year with the cans however when I started recording scenes I noticed there was loads of rubbish stored in the memory so me being the clever sod that I am factory reset the desk and now I can't get anything to work......

Its a 12 dip switch par can so need to patch the right channels... Anyone care to shed any light?