PDA

View Full Version : Me being a pain.

Cj_The_Dj
19-01-2009, 06:05 PM
Hi folks,
Rig/light help please.

At the min my set up is Acme imove - Acme leo - Kam Javelin - Acme leo - Acme Imove.

I am thinking of selling the Leos with some of my old lights and getting a pair of acme spot nights.

witch option would be better

1) having a ulitmax 2ft stand with 2 imove with a led light (either kam javelin or acme impossiled) on the cross bar with a pair of spot nights on the floor.

2) 4ft stand with 4 moving head and Javelin or impossiled as center

3) keep my orginal lights

would option 1 be too small for large venues?

all points of welcome

many thanks CJ :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Moving heads do look good when they are positioned at different levels, giving a layered look to your lighting. 2 on the floor and 2 flown would look good.

Cj_The_Dj
19-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Moving heads do look good when they are positioned at different levels, giving a layered look to your lighting. 2 on the floor and 2 flown would look good.

thats what i thought. but would a 4ft stand look bare with 2 moving heads a 1 center light? or would a 2ft stand look too small on a big stage?

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-01-2009, 06:27 PM
thats what i thought. but would a 4ft stand look bare with 2 moving heads a 1 center light?

Not if you have 2 heads on the floor too.

Tony Scott
19-01-2009, 06:41 PM
thats what i thought. but would a 4ft stand look bare with 2 moving heads a 1 center light? or would a 2ft stand look too small on a big stage?

I think that would look spot-on with a 4ft. A 2ft stand would be ok for your average front-room but not much good for a big venue.

You could always try and cram as much kit on your truss as I've done in this picture......
http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=306486#post306486 ......:D

Cowlinn
19-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Personally i think movers look better at the same level, in my opinion 4 movers on a truss would look sweet. Acm ImposibLED on the floor with a javelin in the centre. That would look great :)

Just my opinion.