PDA

View Full Version : DMX Controllers

DJWoodie
21-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Guys and gals. Firstly can I say a massive THANKS to the many that have welcomed me and offered wise advise and encouragement. It is very much appreciated.

I am a bit surprised to see that after just 3 weeks I have clocked over 100 posts! Must be enjoying myself then.

DMX controllers. I am an expert having watched one youtube video (LOL) and know what I need to do. I have considered laptop control, but having seen the programs on offer I would rather go the hardware route.

I am considering the Chauvet DMX-55. I believe it is discontinued, but stand to be corrected on that. Anyone got one of these? What do you think? What others are worth looking at. I am looking at c£100 really, so no silly expensive ones. I do want 8 faders+ for ease. Programming it isn't an issue, just which one is a good 'un and which should I walk away from. looking to buy brand spanking as usual, unless someone has a very nice one going silly cheap.

Thanks again. I owe you all a Pint.:beer1:

Excalibur
21-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Guys and gals. Firstly can I say a massive THANKS to the many that have welcomed me and offered wise advise and encouragement. It is very much appreciated.

I am a bit surprised to see that after just 3 weeks I have clocked over 100 posts! Must be enjoying myself then.

DMX controllers. I am an expert having watched one youtube video (LOL) and know what I need to do. I have considered laptop control, but having seen the programs on offer I would rather go the hardware route.

I am considering the Chauvet DMX-55. I believe it is discontinued, but stand to be corrected on that. Anyone got one of these? What do you think? What others are worth looking at. I am looking at c£100 really, so no silly expensive ones. I do want 8 faders+ for ease. Programming it isn't an issue, just which one is a good 'un and which should I walk away from. looking to buy brand spanking as usual, unless someone has a very nice one going silly cheap.

Thanks again. I owe you all a Pint.:beer1:

You'll regret saying that. ;)

SilverlineDiscos
21-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Try this (http://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_dmxmaster_i.htm) controller. I've seen it on videos on youtube and it seems like a good one to choose. You could have it delivered for around £100 too ;)

SC Events
21-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Hi buddy,

I have a Chauvet Stage Designer 16 DMX Controller. (http://www.chauvetlighting.com/stage-designer-16.html)

It works brilliant with my brand spanking new purchase - 4 x ACME Dynamo's! :D

Scott.

P.S. It cost £100

SilverlineDiscos
21-01-2009, 08:53 PM
Hi buddy,

I have a Chauvet Stage Designer 16 DMX Controller. (http://www.chauvetlighting.com/stage-designer-16.html)

It works brilliant with my brand spanking new purchase - 4 x ACME Dynamo's! :D

Scott.

P.S. It cost £100

If you look closely, that's the same controller as the one I have! :D

How do you get on with it by the way??

SC Events
21-01-2009, 08:59 PM
It's pretty good, I like it.

I'm just venturing in to DMX so I am still trying to figure a lot of things out.

Scott.

DJWoodie
21-01-2009, 09:14 PM
You'll regret saying that. ;)

no I won't mate. I did say A pint. That'll be a small sip each then.:D

DJWoodie
21-01-2009, 09:15 PM
Try this (http://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_dmxmaster_i.htm) controller. I've seen it on videos on youtube and it seems like a good one to choose. You could have it delivered for around £100 too ;)

Yes, funnily that was second on my list.

SilverlineDiscos
21-01-2009, 09:24 PM
Looks like an awesome desk, gutted I didn't buy it to be honest :(

yourdj
21-01-2009, 11:26 PM
you can get the same controllers listed here (all branded differently, but same) from transention by prolight for £80.

DJWoodie
22-01-2009, 07:08 AM
Listed where?

SilverlineDiscos
22-01-2009, 10:41 AM
you can get the same controllers listed here (all branded differently, but same) from transention by prolight for £80.

Where did you find that? I can't find it for less than about £90 without delivery :confused:

I'm really gutted I didn't get that controller though. Much better than the one I have although it serves it's purpose. I wanted to get into the world of DMX and now I have, I can upgrade to a better desk :)