PDA

View Full Version : Impossibled help

DJWoodie
22-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Anyone already owning one of these....

Mine arrived today. Now, projecting it in a fairly small room I have noticed that the inner most circle is nice and crisp, but the entire outer circle edge is blurred, like pearls. is this normal for these? What I am saying is the outer edge is out of focus but the centre is in focus if that makes more sense. Faulty?

Penfold42
22-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Anyone already owning one of these....

Mine arrived today. Now, projecting it in a fairly small room I have noticed that the inner most circle is nice and crisp, but the entire outer circle edge is blurred, like pearls. is this normal for these? What I am saying is the outer edge is out of focus but the centre is in focus if that makes more sense. Faulty?

Your in a small room.........wait till you use it. :)

DeckstarDeluxe
22-01-2009, 10:00 PM
If the plastic "lens" is put in the wrong way you do get that effect...........

How far away is the wall from the light when its out of focus?

DJWoodie
22-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Thanks guys. Oh, we are talking 10 ft here. Middle one is crystal clear though, the edges..... phweahhhhh! :(

DeckstarDeluxe
22-01-2009, 10:13 PM
should be pretty much focused ok. Have you tried clearing the lens?

DJWoodie
22-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Not done anything with it mate. It is brand spanking new. Should be in focus IMHO, so I suspect it may be going back after all. :(

Tony Scott
22-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Mine does tend to have less sharp dots on the outside but I've never thought it was too bad, sounds like yours is worse than this though! :(

DeckstarDeluxe
23-01-2009, 12:09 AM
Not done anything with it mate. It is brand spanking new. Should be in focus IMHO, so I suspect it may be going back after all. :(

As long as it doesnt void your warrenty try unscrewing the casing and swapping the lens cover around and see if that fixs it?

Tony Scott
23-01-2009, 06:35 AM
As long as it doesnt void your warrenty try unscrewing the casing and swapping the lens cover around and see if that fixs it?

The lens will have a smooth side and a rough side, If the smooth side is outside then it's the right way round. :)

DJWoodie
23-01-2009, 07:20 AM
No, it is on the right way around. I can live with it. I don't know how sharp you really wnt the dots anyway TBH. The light works perfectly. The housing isn't damaged or dented, the lense is in the right place. Possibly (or should that be possibled:D ) it is exactly how it is meant to be. I will see someone elses and then decide. If it is faulty, it is going back.

DJWoodie
23-01-2009, 07:44 AM
Just been watching some clips of this on YouTube again. Seems they all do the same. Mine is exactly like this, look closely at the outer edges of the ring (the outer ring). Mine is identical to this, so perhaps I was looking at something that is just how it is meant to be then.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0OlXlEoc8Tc&feature=related

Excalibur
23-01-2009, 10:12 AM
Justin was good enough to lend me part of his lightshow one night, Impossibled and Par Cans. The focussing thing was one reason why I didn't get one, and instead went for something vaguely similar, the ADJ Revo Roll. The focus on that is in my view much sharper. I have two linked, and like them a lot.