PDA

View Full Version : Review - Ryger USB Footlight

Tom
25-01-2009, 01:52 AM
Here is a review for the Ryger USB Footlight.

I have always been quite interested in this little unit when going to DJ shows and always seeing them there.

In basic, its a computer based dmx controller which can be used as either a usb controller or just a dmx controller. Note that this unit has no sliders, just 6 buttons that need to be programed via a computer.

The good thing about this product is that you can create light shows on your pc/laptop, upload them to the controller and job done. Simple as that. It comes with Daslight Gold, so you get good software with it also. All you need to take out on the road is the footlight. You can take a laptop and run the footlight as a pc controller if you need to use more than 6 shows so the the function is there if you need it.

You have to download the demo from theDdaslight website, plug in the controller, run the software and it turns it from a demo to the Gold Edition. I think it has some kind of keycode built in to the controller so the software can't be copied and shared about.

The unit comes with 6 buttons. This unit was designed to be used with the feet but I prefer to use my fingers. Just easier for me. When I asked about this unit at BPM I think, he said if I wanted more buttons then he could add another 2 but they will be smaller. I think 6 is more than enough for me anyway.

For my shows I use this as the following. Bare in mind that on the top row its 1,3,5 and the bottom row are 2,4,6

Button 1 - Slow speed show
Button 3 - Medium speed show
Button 5 - Fast speed show
Button 2 - Slow speed strobe
Button 4 - Fast speed strobe
Button 6 - Black out.

These setting work perfect for me as I only use the Ryger with my moving heads. I wish to use 2 moving heads and 2 scanners for example then all I need to do is program everything in to Daslight, then upload the shows to the controller. Simple.

The case is made of metal and not plastic so it should not fall apart like plastic parts do, even though it has plastic buttons. :confused: lol

Comes with a manual, cd rom and a power cable. Simply just as lights. lol.

If anyone has any questions regarding the Ryger USB Footlight then please feel free to ask below. :)

Dynamic Entertainment
25-01-2009, 10:32 PM
The only thing youve missed is the price :)

A quick google search shows £382.50. is this about what you paid for it?

Tom
25-01-2009, 10:47 PM
The only thing youve missed is the price :)

A quick google search shows £382.50. is this about what you paid for it?

No, but I did see a post saying not to post prices. So I didnt. :)

Have a look on the website www.rygershop.co.uk

Dynamic Entertainment
26-01-2009, 12:20 AM
Sorry, i read it as not boasting about how much youve (not you personally :) ) have spent on equipment. Cheers for the link :)

Tom
26-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Sorry, i read it as not boasting about how much youve (not you personally :) ) have spent on equipment. Cheers for the link :)

I read it the same as you but I think it's asier not to post links as prices can change from day to day.

Just giving my review on the product. :)

No worries. :)