PDA

View Full Version : Vista and BCD3000 problem

djgordyp
26-01-2009, 07:43 PM
On Saturday I installed the Behringer BCD 3000 with the latest driver from the Behringer website. Then installed Traktor 3LE.

Given that a lot of people had been reporting problems running the BCD on a Vista computer I was amazed that it was working flawlessly. I happily played around with it for over two hours, loading one song after another without any problems at all. I then swithced all off for the night leaving the usb cable connected to the BCD.

Yeterday morning I swithced everyting on in the same order as before. First the laptop then the mixer and finally loaded up traktor. I loaded a song onto deck A and as soon as I hit play on the mixer the screen went blue and the laptop restarted. The fact that it worked fine on Saturday night and not yesterday has me puzzeled. I even did a system resotre back to the day before I installed everything but that made very little difference. I checked device manager but that didn't show up any problems at all.

sometimes it would play two song before crashing. Eventually I thought I had it sorted. It was working fine for about half an hour, then when I touched the volume slider the laptop crashed again.

Do any of you hav any idea what might be causing this. Like I said it's a mystery to me given that it worked fine on saturday night.

Tom
26-01-2009, 07:47 PM
I used to use one of these a few years ago. I used it on XP but not sure why its causing problems on Vista. It used to crash from time to time when I had it also.

Does the laptop have enough ram, have a large enough cpu???

I can't remember much about the software but is there a default button which would set everything to standard???

djgordyp
26-01-2009, 08:30 PM
If you're talking about a few years ago then maybe you had the BCD2000.
It could be a ram Issue but having said that I would have thought that would have been apparent on the Saturday night.
I think maybe my best bet would be to try the Behringer forum.

nigelwright7557
26-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Have you tried the compatibilty modes that make the OS run like XP ?
If its a problem with Vista itself then tha tshould fix the problem.

I use 2gigabytes of RAM on my Vista system.
Thats seems a sensible working minimum for my PC.

djgordyp
26-01-2009, 09:40 PM
If I can remember how to get to compatability mode then I'll try that some of these next nights.

nigelwright7557
26-01-2009, 09:51 PM
If I can remember how to get to compatability mode then I'll try that some of these next nights.

Right click on the program icon.
Then click properties.

You will see a compatibility tab.
Click on that.

djgordyp
26-01-2009, 10:06 PM
Ah but the problem isn't with traktor and there isn't an icon on the desktop for the mixer. The only icon for the mixer is in the system tray and the only option available when you click on that is to show the mixers control panel.
That's it for tonight I'm off to bed. I'll try the Berhinger forum tomorrow evening.
Thanks for your help anyway guys.