PDA

View Full Version : Speaker Make?

DJ James Lake
01-02-2009, 08:38 PM
I came across an active sub the other day which I need help to identify.

The badge on the front is black with a large gold letter L, looks similar to the Lexus car badge.

The only markings I could find on it were B115-P ACTIVE BASS BIN, have tried a google search but couldnt fnd any matches

Any ideas on who makes it as I would like to find the specs.

Tom
01-02-2009, 08:46 PM
LD Systems???

Danno13
01-02-2009, 08:53 PM
L'acoustics or Logic?

DJ James Lake
01-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Doesnt appear to any of them. I have attached a photo

A1DL
01-02-2009, 10:08 PM
post a thread on speakerplans, James, someone on there is bound to know.

rob1963
01-02-2009, 10:25 PM
Hi James,

It looks like Warrior, as the logo looks exactly like the one on the front of my old Warrior L300 speakers.

To see what I mean, there is a pic of one here: http://www.electromania.be/images/L-300.jpg

Hope this helps.

spin mobile disco
01-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Its not a Laney is it?

A1DL
01-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Its not a Laney is it?

No Matthew, Laney have AFAIK always shown their name in full on the front of their cabs.

I think Rob has solved the mystery.

DJ James Lake
01-02-2009, 11:13 PM
It looks like its a warrior are they any good as I just took a gamble on ebay and got it for £100.

Am planning to use it with a couple of Behringer Eurolive B212a active tops for really small gigs as my my main speakers are rather on the large size as Matthew will agree.

Totally Plucked
02-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Hi James,

It looks like Warrior, as the logo looks exactly like the one on the front of my old Warrior L300 speakers.

To see what I mean, there is a pic of one here: http://www.electromania.be/images/L-300.jpg

Hope this helps.

Rob is correct !!

rob1963
02-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Rob is correct !!

:D

Excalibur
02-02-2009, 10:52 AM
Rob is correct !!

:D

Wrong smiley chief. I think you meant this one, seeing as you're typing them in manually.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

rob1963
02-02-2009, 04:00 PM
It looks like its a warrior are they any good as I just took a gamble on ebay and got it for £100.

James,

I have no specific experience of their active subs, but there's nothing wrong with Warrior speakers.

I used a pair of their L300 full range speakers (300 watts with a 12" driver) for many years, and I know Penmare used the L400 version, which I think used 15" drivers & had a 400 watt rating.

Hope this helps.

:)

spin mobile disco
02-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Yeah James the peavey system was a bit on the large size, lol unless playing at wembley anyway :)
Sounded nice though but those bins were not to be carried by one person unless for the worlds strongest man competition.

Tony Scott
02-02-2009, 09:12 PM
post a thread on speakerplans, James, someone on there is bound to know.

It looks like its a warrior........

Definately don't post it on SP then, they'll tear you to pieces!! :D

A1DL
02-02-2009, 09:56 PM
Yeah James the peavey system was a bit on the large size, lol unless playing at wembley anyway :)

You're unlikely to find any tour taking Peavey into the Arena or the Stadium.

The house system at the Stadium is EAW boxes with Crown amplification, for some unknown reason the processing is Peavey MediaMatrix as opposed to BSS Soundweb, which would have been the logical match to the racks.

DJ James Lake
02-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Sounded nice though but those bins were not to be carried by one person unless for the worlds strongest man competition.

I am definetely not getting rid of the Peavey UL 215s and 215xt subs, I'm taking them to my grave, just wanted something smaller for upstairs gigs and to use as monitors at large gigs.

Dynamic Entertainment
03-02-2009, 09:21 AM
You're unlikely to find any tour taking Peavey into the Arena or the Stadium.

The house system at the Stadium is EAW boxes with Crown amplification, for some unknown reason the processing is Peavey MediaMatrix as opposed to BSS Soundweb, which would have been the logical match to the racks.

Can we have a smiley to show that something has just gone right over your head :D

A1DL
03-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Can we have a smiley to show that something has just gone right over your head :D

sure Steve, a big old skool one...
http://www.mv2media6.com/bank/images/smiley460.jpg

DazzyD
03-02-2009, 10:24 PM
The L design is the logo my speakers carry. They are labelled as ProLight E115s (sounds similar to your B115s) and cost me £350 the pair new several years ago and they're still going strong. Now there is a company called ProLight Concepts but I'm not sure if it's one and the same.

With 15" bass speakers on them, they put out a fair sound. I've not seen much of them in this country but they are on t'internet in other countries.

Dynamic Entertainment
03-02-2009, 10:34 PM
sure Steve, a big old skool one...
http://www.mv2media6.com/bank/images/smiley460.jpg

Aciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid :D

DazzyD
03-02-2009, 10:37 PM
Just found a linky to the ProLight L400 so you compare the badge:

http://www.ukdj.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=9136

Just short of £200 a speaker! And not active, either!

Oh, and I can't vouch for them being rugged and reliable (as it says in the blurb!)

nigelwright7557
03-02-2009, 10:43 PM

Oh, and I can't vouch for them being rugged and reliable (as it says in the blurb!)

I have paid just short of £200 just for a driver.

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-02-2009, 10:47 PM
I have paid just short of £200 just for a driver.

Wow, that was some taxi ride!

nigelwright7557
03-02-2009, 10:55 PM
Wow, that was some taxi ride!

£199 for the taxi and £1 for the speaker.

Tom
03-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Corr, its not a competition on how much you can spend on a speakers, or in your case Nigel, just one. lol

For the price, the L400 don't seem to bad at all. :)

nigelwright7557
03-02-2009, 11:06 PM
Corr, its not a competition on how much you can spend on a speakers, or in your case Nigel, just one. lol

It wasnt even a speaker, it was a driver for a speaker box.

I think it was £180 ish for a Fane Collossus 600WRMS 18 inch driver.

Tom
03-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Might as well just call it a transducer then. lol

DazzyD
03-02-2009, 11:14 PM

I'm thinking of getting a pair of L400s at that price. The E115s that I have are a similar build (well, practically identical, actually!) but only rated at 300w and my powered mixer can handle up to 500w speakers so I might just go for the upgrade.

nigelwright7557
03-02-2009, 11:14 PM
Might as well just call it a transducer then. lol

It can get confusing at times coz a loudspeaker is just the driver.
Some people refer to the actual enclosure and loudspeaker as a loudspeaker.

DJ James Lake
03-02-2009, 11:16 PM

Yep exactly the same badge. It arrived today must say its not bad for a little unit. Ideal for the small gigs I wanted it for to back up a pair of Behringer Eurolive B212A active tops I picked up for £150 so altogether got a nice small active setup for £250 so cant grumble.

Corabar Steve
04-02-2009, 07:59 AM
It can get confusing at times coz a loudspeaker is just the driver.
Some people refer to the actual enclosure and loudspeaker as a loudspeaker.

& some people couldn't give a toss what it's called as long as it makes the right noise.

Javlingames
04-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Hi James,

Hope this helps.

I tried some of those exact speakers out 10 years ago, quite a nice sound just not loud enough, ended up blowing a horn. A few mates bought a couple of pairs and chucked some EV badges on them!!

DJ James Lake
04-02-2009, 03:03 PM
I tried some of those exact speakers out 10 years ago, quite a nice sound just not loud enough, ended up blowing a horn. A few mates bought a couple of pairs and chucked some EV badges on them!!

Its not those ones I have, its the bass cabinet

DazzyD
04-02-2009, 09:29 PM

Funny you should say that.

The only problem I've had with the E115s is four years ago, on NYE, I managed to blow a top horn whilst sound-checking. I've always put it down to the fact that it was very cold and I hadn't given them time to warm up before plugging them in.

Anyway, my sparky guy (who seems to have diversified in to audio/light kit now!) put a new driver in (cost me a whopping £38 for the repair!) and I've had no problems since.

As for them not being loud enough, I've not had any problems with them filling the venues that I work. If anything, for them being rated at 300W, I can get more out of them without the sound distorting than other speakers that I've used in the past.

James - were they made by Prolight? I've checked mine and they do actually say "Prolight Concepts" so my earlier post about being different companies turns out that they are one and the same! I'm not sure if Prolight actually builds the units or just sticks their badges on.

DJ James Lake
05-02-2009, 03:23 AM
James - were they made by Prolight? I've checked mine and they do actually say "Prolight Concepts" so my earlier post about being different companies turns out that they are one and the same! I'm not sure if Prolight actually builds the units or just sticks their badges on.

To be honest I am not sure I cant find any info on the web about them. Some say warrior others say prolight.

Totally baffled now.

DazzyD
05-02-2009, 06:23 AM
Mine have an info plate on the back which gives the wattage in to ohms ratings and the model name, serial number, etc. That's how I know they are Prolight.

I was under the understanding that Warrior were W-Audio and their logo is the wobbly W design. And the older badges just said "Warrior" on the name plate.

These are Warrior/W-Audio products:

http://www.soundlightuk.com/shop/categories/Speakers/W%252dAudio/

I'll try and get some pics of my speakers front and back and you can compare the logos/info plates and see if they look familiar. ;)