PDA

View Full Version : Abstract Twister 3

Excalibur
03-02-2009, 08:12 PM
Can anyone confirm that the Twister3 uses a 100w lamp? I've just swapped two Vastos for one, and it's fitted with a 50w lamp, but the legend on the outside says it uses a 100w lamp. Any advice gratefully received, as I'm told it's not been a good light for the previous owner, and when I got it as a non runner, the internal fuse had blown. It's running now, but I wonder why the
50w lamp. :confused:

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Can anyone confirm that the Twister3 uses a 100w lamp? I've just swapped two Vastos for one, and it's fitted with a 50w lamp, but the legend on the outside says it uses a 100w lamp. Any advice gratefully received, as I'm told it's not been a good light for the previous owner, and when I got it as a non runner, the internal fuse had blown. It's running now, but I wonder why the
50w lamp. :confused:

Is this a Twister 3HP or the older flatter shape Peter? I had the older shape ones and they were definitely 100W.

Excalibur
03-02-2009, 08:20 PM
Is this a Twister 3HP or the older flatter shape Peter? I had the older shape ones and they were definitely 100W.

Yeah mate, it's like me, old and flat. :D I guess the HP had a 250w lamp? I'm questioning why this has a 50w fitted. Longer life for stressed internal circuits, or just a numpty fitting the wrong one? Do you have any advice on the two pushbuttoms at the back? Thanks.

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah mate, it's like me, old and flat. :D I guess the HP had a 250w lamp? I'm questioning why this has a 50w fitted. Longer life for stressed internal circuits, or just a numpty fitting the wrong one? Do you have any advice on the two pushbuttoms at the back? Thanks.

As far as I can remember, one is for sound to light and the other for rotation. I think if you push one in, it constantly rotates?

It has been a fair number of years since I used them though, so could be wrong. :o

The T4HP does have a 250W lamp and I also think some of the older shape T4s had 250 too.

Excalibur
03-02-2009, 08:32 PM
As far as I can remember, one is for sound to light and the other for rotation. I think if you push one in, it constantly rotates?

It has been a fair number of years since I used them though, so could be wrong. :o

The T4HP does have a 250W lamp and I also think some of the older shape T4s had 250 too.

Ta very much. Your memories seem to match my findings. Now to fit a 100w lamp, and watch the blighter fail. :D :D :D

nigelwright7557
03-02-2009, 08:45 PM

Thye maybe put a 50w lamp in if it had been blowing fuses ?

501damian501
04-02-2009, 01:59 PM
maybe they couldnt get a 100w lamp for it, i reckon theirs more to it than a fuse and a lamp, peter lol

Excalibur
04-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Thye maybe put a 50w lamp in if it had been blowing fuses ?

maybe they couldnt get a 100w lamp for it, i reckon theirs more to it than a fuse and a lamp, peter lol

The previous owners are a social club, so not too technical perhaps. ;) :confused: They said it's not been good. It may run forever with a fuse and a lamp, it may be a bad 'un, who knows? :confused: :D :D