PDA

View Full Version : LEDJ colourburst

Daryll
03-02-2009, 09:03 PM
Got these today.
Fitted with standard UK 3 pin mains plug , replaced with standard IEC male plug.
I ran these through ADJ mydmx , nice little effect.
Not a bright as a LED par 64/56, but these are very small.
I`ll get some more soon

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?athttp://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4984&stc=1&d=1233698550tachmentid=4983&stc=1&d=1233698550

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-02-2009, 09:04 PM
I think Shakermaker uses these and raves about them.

Shakermaker Promotions
03-02-2009, 09:11 PM
Yes, that's right. I have 8 of them and they do a great little job.

Solitaire Events Ltd
03-02-2009, 09:14 PM
Don't sneak up on me like that. :sofa:

Shakermaker Promotions
03-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Haha...sorry mate, just woke up to check my emails. Going back to bed now so you are safe!

BOO!!!!!

Charlie Brown
03-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah I quite like the look of them...how much did you pay for each unit if you don't mind me asking?

Shakermaker Promotions
03-02-2009, 09:27 PM
I paid £34 each.

Daryll
03-02-2009, 10:51 PM
Hi charlie

From the invoice £125.12 for 4

Solo lighting and sound ltd

http://www.lifeismusic.co.uk/lights/LEDJ-Colour-Burst---LED-4-chan-4256.aspx

daryll

djmarc
04-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Was it the dogs lunchtime when you took those pictures :D

Nice looking lights love to see a pic of them when there set up

Daryll
04-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Was it the dogs lunchtime when you took those pictures :D

Nice looking lights love to see a pic of them when there set up

I think that was my dinner :D :D

Daryll

PropellerHeadCase
04-02-2009, 06:55 PM
They look a nice little light... but how small is small?

Shakermaker Promotions
04-02-2009, 07:30 PM
The unit diameter-wise is about the size of a CD. Depth-wise, probably the same as a can of coke...sorry, I know they aren't great descriptions but I don't have the dimensions on me at the moment. They are very bright for their size and do a good job.

Off topic slightly...someone yesterday mentioned that they use ADJ MYDMX... I've been looking online at videos of this today and really like the look of it so I will be getting one asap as I think it will really help when I do lighting for gigs etc and it will also be good to use when doing uplighting too.

Daryll
04-02-2009, 08:08 PM
specs.

LEDJ Colour Burst
Features:
DMX: 4 channels
1: Red
2: Green
3: Blue
4: Blackout/static/dimmer/strobe

Sound Active
Static colours and RGB colour mixing with or without DMX controller
Built-in automated programs via master/slave
Power consumption: 10W
Beam angle: 16 degrees
Light Source: 86 (44 red, 21 green, 21 blue) LED's

Specification:

Power supply: 230v
Dimensions: 125 x 125 x 200mm
Weight: 2.6kgs

hope that helps.

daryll

Jiggles
04-02-2009, 08:36 PM
For those who have ADJ MyDMX i have made a fixture profile for this:
www.helpimadj.co.uk/fixtures/LEDJ%20Colour%20Burst.ssl <<<Right click save as/ save link as. Just needs someone with MyDMX and a LEDJ to test it :D

Shakermaker Promotions
04-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Cheers but the link doesn't work.

I'm popping to my local shop tomorrow. I don't think they stock MYDMX but he does do a few ADJ products and will order it in and price match too.

Jiggles
04-02-2009, 09:24 PM
That should be it now :D

Charlie Brown
04-02-2009, 09:29 PM
Nope...still wont work! :D

Jiggles
04-02-2009, 09:35 PM
Right CLICK! Save as... :bang: If you click it you will get rubbish!

ppentertainments
10-02-2009, 06:56 PM
Are these any good for uplighting ??

Shakermaker Promotions
10-02-2009, 08:18 PM
I use them for it. Nice and subtle.

Daryll
10-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Up lighting for me as well.
On a mute point , within 1 hour of being used 3 of the 4 units developed faults.
On 2 units one block of three green LED`s failed , the third unit two blocks of three green LED`s failed , strange how it was only green :confused: .

The good news..
I brought them from http://www.lifeismusic.co.uk/ , after a phone call this morning , they offered to collect and replace them this afternoon :eek: .
I had not even packed them up , so I arranged for tomorrow , I do have to replace the IEC plugs with the original 3 pin types.

While they were working , they were brighter then their size dictates ,think I`ll order another dozen.

Cheers

Daryll

Shakermaker Promotions
10-02-2009, 08:42 PM
I went into my local DJ shop yesterday and the guy said he has had a few units back since christmas due to a bad batch as noted by ADJ. I think he said that they recalled a whole bunch of them. I haven't had any problems with mine at all.

Daryll
10-02-2009, 08:51 PM
Well that`s put my mind at rest , I was beginning to think that I have upset the green LED people :D .
I have two of the visio par 64 LED`s , one of them had a fault....................you guessed it , the green LED`s again.

daryll

thex-faders
18-07-2009, 09:25 PM
bought two of these last week and think they are brilliant for the size and gigs we do the light output is perfect.

Quick question, anyone got details of where to get right angled dmx leads? As have made a platform for them and the clearance with a normal XLR means the xlr is right on the bracket and over time i think the quality of the lead will decrease greatly!

Cheers all

Excalibur
19-07-2009, 01:52 AM
bought two of these last week and think they are brilliant for the size and gigs we do the light output is perfect.

Quick question, anyone got details of where to get right angled dmx leads? As have made a platform for them and the clearance with a normal XLR means the xlr is right on the bracket and over time i think the quality of the lead will decrease greatly!

Cheers all

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg01476/plug-xlr-90deg-3-pin/dp/AV14934
:D :D

deltic
19-07-2009, 09:21 AM
these are the type i use
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=searchProducts&searchTerm=448159&x=0&y=0

Dynamic Entertainment
19-07-2009, 09:56 AM

Cheers all

Do you, or anyone else, have a piccy of them agains a wall (for uplighting). Im thinking of getting a load, but dont know if they will be powerfull enough?

Shakermaker Promotions
19-07-2009, 10:45 AM
This is one side of the room I was in at Christmas. I was there again 2 weeks ago and had 10 units around the room all set to lilac and it looked great but the photo quality wasn't great so apologies for posting this one again.

http://www.shakermakeruk.com/0131.jpg

Dynamic Entertainment
19-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Blooming brilliant Gary. Ill be investing in a load of them then :D

How many do you recommend. I now that its one of the "how longs a piece of string" kind of questions, but for most "average" size venues, i wouldnt need more that 12 would i?

Shakermaker Promotions
19-07-2009, 10:59 AM
I would say 10 - 12 is more than enough personally. They are very bright for their size. They come with the plugs on already. I got my sparky mate to put IEC plugs on the end of them so they can be extended. What I would say though is that although they are fine as they are, they are better with a base on them to stop them from falling over or getting knocked over. I can't remember who did it (sorry) but someone on here made their own bases for them and they looked really good so I went out and did the same.

I went to Homebase and got some blocks of wood cut up, painted them black and then drilled through them and secured the units to them with long screws and fly bolts (is that what they're called?). They are much more sturdy now. I also use the Colourbursts for band lighting or karaoke lighting and usually stick 4 of them on 2 x T-Bar's or just 6 of them on 1 T-Bar. I think they are great little lights and there's a lot you can do with them to create a nice feel. I always have one with me when I go to see my customers and have noticed that 9 times out of 10, once I start mentioning the Uplighting and show them the photos and then the actual unit and the colour mixes (Lilac and Blue being the most popular), they go for it and it's an extra added bonus. Go get 'em mate!

Vectis
19-07-2009, 11:22 AM
I just wish some Chinese factory would start pumping out battery-powered LED PARs with built-in wireless DMX sub-£100 :p

Surely it's only a matter of time... :)

Excalibur
19-07-2009, 12:31 PM
I just wish some Chinese factory would start pumping out battery-powered LED PARs with built-in wireless DMX sub-£100 :p

Li-Ion, of course. ;) :D

Dynamic Entertainment
19-07-2009, 01:55 PM
I would say 10 - 12 is more than enough personally. They are very bright for their size. They come with the plugs on already. I got my sparky mate to put IEC plugs on the end of them so they can be extended. What I would say though is that although they are fine as they are, they are better with a base on them to stop them from falling over or getting knocked over. I can't remember who did it (sorry) but someone on here made their own bases for them and they looked really good so I went out and did the same.

I went to Homebase and got some blocks of wood cut up, painted them black and then drilled through them and secured the units to them with long screws and fly bolts (is that what they're called?). They are much more sturdy now. I also use the Colourbursts for band lighting or karaoke lighting and usually stick 4 of them on 2 x T-Bar's or just 6 of them on 1 T-Bar. I think they are great little lights and there's a lot you can do with them to create a nice feel. I always have one with me when I go to see my customers and have noticed that 9 times out of 10, once I start mentioning the Uplighting and show them the photos and then the actual unit and the colour mixes (Lilac and Blue being the most popular), they go for it and it's an extra added bonus. Go get 'em mate!

Cheers Gary. I remember the Gallery thread. It was daryll if i remember correctly. Do you have a masic desk for control, or just use dipswith settings. I just thinking for when they want the colour on before the disco starts.

Yep. I contacted the uk company that manufactures them (EasilyLED) and never even got a reply back!

Shakermaker Promotions
19-07-2009, 04:52 PM
I originally bought the ADJ MyDMX for them but only used it once at home. Generally, I use them as stand alone units all set to the same colour or colour mix. I've seen the units Darren has (Visio Par 64) and I like them a lot but I think I will stick with what I have for the moment. The thing that stands out about Darren's units is the desk that comes with it as I have just watched an online video for it and it seems very easy to use as it is the dedicated unit made specifically to control them. The price puts me off them at the moment at around £240.00 a pair including controller, especially when I have lots already. I would still recommend the LEDJ's thoroughly though and if there was a simple desk to control them like the Visio's then I would go that way.

HTG Events
20-07-2009, 01:10 AM
Will this control the Colourbursts? -->Linky<-- (http://www.djstore.com/item/proledj122.htm?affid=froogle)

Shakermaker Promotions
20-07-2009, 08:40 AM
That is just what I want. Many thanks for that. I'm going to order one asap.

Shakermaker Promotions
20-07-2009, 09:35 AM
Just ordered it and it will be here tomorrow morning so I can have a play about. I have a wedding with Uplighting this friday so that would be great. Thanks again for the link, I am sure a few others may go for this if it is a dedicated unit. I'll do a review once I have tried it out.

Dynamic Entertainment
20-07-2009, 04:38 PM
Let me know how that little controller works Gary please. Just splashed out on 10 colour bursts so waiting for them to arrive so im just short of £300 lighter :)

Im guessing that you have predetermined lengths of power and signal cables made up Gary. Id you dont mind me asking, what lengths? Im thinking 1m, 2m and 3m lengths?

Shakermaker Promotions
20-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Just had an email to say that it's been dispatched so will let you know tomorrow how it is. I have a number of very long power cables and a few long DMX leads. If I get stuck then I just link DMX leads togeather to make them the right length.

Dynamic Entertainment
20-07-2009, 04:53 PM
Cheers Gary :beer1:

ppentertainments
20-07-2009, 08:43 PM
Let me know how that little controller works Gary please. Just splashed out on 10 colour bursts so waiting for them to arrive so im just short of £300 lighter :)

Where did you buy them from Steve ?? Looking to buy 4 for my stand, but a lot of suppliers are out of stock.

Dynamic Entertainment
20-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Music Is Life. Cheapest too http://www.lifeismusic.co.uk/lights/LEDJ-Colour-Burst---LED-4-chan-4256.aspx They didnt say they were out of stock so im assuming they are :)

Jiggles
20-07-2009, 09:00 PM
Music Is Life. Cheapest too http://www.lifeismusic.co.uk/lights/LEDJ-Colour-Burst---LED-4-chan-4256.aspx They didnt say they were out of stock so im assuming they are :)

I phoned them back in April as there site said there were in stock but they weren't in stock. I wanted to get a good deal on buying 10 of them as well. :D

Dynamic Entertainment
20-07-2009, 09:15 PM
I phoned them back in April as there site said there were in stock but they weren't in stock. I wanted to get a good deal on buying 10 of them as well. :D

Bloody great :( - If they aint arrived in a week ill be on the phone. Cheers Callum

Shakermaker Promotions
20-07-2009, 10:55 PM
Try Total Sounds in Reading. He always has some healthy stock numbers in.

Dynamic Entertainment
20-07-2009, 11:37 PM
Cheers Gary. If i get no luck with Total music i may give them a shout, depends how desperate i get because £38.17 per unit is a tad steep :)

Jiggles
20-07-2009, 11:53 PM
Haggle to get them at £30 each! :D

Shakermaker Promotions
21-07-2009, 08:28 AM
I bought mine individually over time starting off with 4 and then another 4 and then another 2. I reckon if you call John at Total Sounds and ask him if he will do you 10 for £300.00, he will do it.

Silver
21-07-2009, 09:42 AM
Is this of use to anyone? ..http://www.absolutemusic.co.uk/shop/view_product.php?product=visledc51

Dynamic Entertainment
21-07-2009, 10:09 AM
I bought mine individually over time starting off with 4 and then another 4 and then another 2. I reckon if you call John at Total Sounds and ask him if he will do you 10 for £300.00, he will do it.

If they dont arrive ill give him a shot. Cheers :)

Shakermaker Promotions
21-07-2009, 10:27 AM
The Lil' Mix controller has just arrived. I have a few things to do and then I will test it out and do a short video to show you etc

Dynamic Entertainment
21-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Just contacted Music Is Life and they will be with me tomorrow (guaranteed), so i should be happy :)

ppentertainments
21-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Just contacted Music Is Life and they will be with me tomorrow (guaranteed), so i should be happy :)

Let me know when you have them in your hand and think I will order a few.

Dynamic Entertainment
21-07-2009, 08:11 PM
No problem Chris :)

Spirits High
28-07-2009, 10:59 AM
My lil mix controller arrived today and very easy it is to use aswell.

The only problem now is that 3 of the blue Leds on one of the "bursts" has decided to give up :eek:

Called "Life is music" no dramas at all replacement will be on way as soon as they get the dodgy one ;)

Starlight
28-07-2009, 12:20 PM

The only problem now is that 3 of the blue Leds on one of the "bursts" has decided to give up :eek:

Called "Life is music" no dramas at all replacement will be on way as soon as they get the dodgy one ;)
Do you have to pay for it to be shipped back to them?

Neil.

Spirits High
28-07-2009, 12:49 PM
Do you have to pay for it to be shipped back to them?

Neil.

I have done £5.15 :eek:

Expecting it to be refunded though ;)

tc1ooo
28-07-2009, 02:52 PM

I'd wait a few days and see if any of the others go wrong before you send it back. I've had 5 Colourbursts and 2 of them were faulty.

Skarloey
28-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Ok Guys this Lil' Mix controller looks like a very simple but effective way of controlling led par cans, does any body know if it will work with other led pars or only LEDJ types

Shakermaker Promotions
28-07-2009, 04:42 PM
As I understand it, it only works with LEDJ products and only 4 channel ones at that (but I could be wrong).

DaveyG1980
13-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Hi guys,

I have made my bases for the colourbursts.

but, i'm not sure what size nut/bolt i need to attach them with.

any help be great.

thanks

dave.

Dynamic Entertainment
13-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi Dave...of the top of my head, i used M8 :)

DaveyG1980
13-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Cheers mate.

Will post some pics up next week after saturday as that will be my first try at uplighting.

Corabar Steve
13-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Surely it depends on the size hole they have to pass through.

Charlie Brown
07-02-2011, 08:43 AM
Gary and others...are these still treating you well?

Any more issues?

I have ordered 10 but I'm thinking about buying 10 56's, SO...one colour burst...one 56...one colour burst etc. That way, the light output will be ample?

Dynamic Entertainment
07-02-2011, 09:24 AM
Gary and others...are these still treating you well?

Any more issues?

I have ordered 10 but I'm thinking about buying 10 56's, SO...one colour burst...one 56...one colour burst etc. That way, the light output will be ample?

Nope...that will look crap! :D

Sorry Charlie, but the light output will be so different that it will look horrible IMO.

Ive still got no issues with the colourbursts...and ive now got 37 :eek:

Shakermaker Promotions
07-02-2011, 09:49 AM
Same here! No issues at all and I have 22 of them now. Great little lights.

Charlie Brown
07-02-2011, 09:54 AM
You think they are fine for uplighting? I don't want to charge a couple of hundred for uplighting and then they are crap and look rubbish.

Mark Wild
07-02-2011, 09:58 AM
You think they are fine for uplighting? I don't want to charge a couple of hundred for uplighting and then they are crap and look rubbish.

I doubt Steve and Gary have 59 units between them for anything else apart from uplighting Charlie.

Charlie Brown
07-02-2011, 10:06 AM
I doubt Steve and Gary have 59 units between them for anything else apart from uplighting Charlie.

Yeah, you're probably right. :)

Cowlinn
07-02-2011, 11:49 AM
These aren't actually the LEDJ one's but at £17 each, cant be bad?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6X-LED-PAR36-Can-PAR-36-Party-DJ-Light-4CH-DMX-86PCS-/300369179879?pt=UK_ConElec_LightingLEDsStrobes_RL&hash=item45ef65f4e7#ht_5292wt_1141

Or will these be useless..

DiscosMobile
07-02-2011, 11:52 AM
If you include postage they are £24 each.. and are from china so you run the risk of import tax..

for an extra £10 each you get the real deal from the uk.

Charlie Brown
07-02-2011, 11:56 AM

Yes. :)

I want to use the lil mix controller with them.

Shakermaker Promotions
07-02-2011, 12:12 PM
Charlie - Why ask if you aint going to listen!?

I have posted photos up of them doing their thing in the past and so have others. They do the job.

Dynamic Entertainment
08-02-2011, 11:26 PM
These aren't actually the LEDJ one's but at £17 each, cant be bad?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6X-LED-PAR36-Can-PAR-36-Party-DJ-Light-4CH-DMX-86PCS-/300369179879?pt=UK_ConElec_LightingLEDsStrobes_RL&hash=item45ef65f4e7#ht_5292wt_1141

Yes they can...have a look at my thread when i got sent some KAM Par36...their version of the Colourburst

http://www.forum.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/showthread.php?t=23644&highlight=colourburst

Daryll
09-02-2011, 02:53 PM
If the truth be known , they are all made in China , and badged to order , LEDJ , Kam etc.

Daryll

Dynamic Entertainment
09-02-2011, 03:04 PM
If the truth be known , they are all made in China , and badged to order , LEDJ , Kam etc.

Daryll

Yeah, but the insides of them can be/are different ;)

Jiggles
09-02-2011, 04:10 PM

Daryll

I could go ask for the same model but pay £30 cost to them each and I will get a better made product.

Charlie Brown
18-02-2011, 10:10 AM
What dip switch do the colourbursts have to be on when using the lil mix controller?

Spirits High
18-02-2011, 10:50 AM
This will help

http://prolight.co.uk/images/media/LEDJ01/LEDJ01-um0.pdf

Charlie Brown
18-02-2011, 10:52 AM
Cheers Paul. :beer1: I did have a read through that but I find it hard to make any sense of it. :o

Spirits High
18-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Cheers Paul. :beer1: I did have a read through that but I find it hard to make any sense of it. :o

Page 7 :p

Charlie Brown
18-02-2011, 10:58 AM
Use dip switches 1 – 9 to address each fixture accordingly.

Argh, I don't get it. All the different numbers and maths etc.

Can anyone tell me (who owns one) which dip switch I should go for? I wanted to use them tonight but I'm rubbish at this sort of thing. :(

Shakermaker Promotions
18-02-2011, 11:37 AM
Charlie, if you are using the Lil' Mix with them, make sure that all of the units are on dip switches 1 and 10. Connect them all up and then use the Lil' Mix.

Easy!

Charlie Brown
18-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Charlie, if you are using the Lil' Mix with them, make sure that all of the units are on dip switches 1 and 10. Connect them all up and then use the Lil' Mix.

Easy!

Brilliant!

You're a star.

So just number one and ten and daisy chain them - that's it? :)

Spirits High
18-02-2011, 12:10 PM
So just number one and ten and daisy chain them - that's it? :)

YES :p :p ;)

Charlie Brown
18-02-2011, 12:33 PM
YES :p :p ;)

Sorry. Thanks. :o :o

Charlie Brown
27-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Paul, do your 56's work with the lil mix controller?

What cans do? I understand they have to be 4 channel but I can't seem to find any.

I'm thinking of selling my colourbursts and buying some brighter. They are good units but the output (IMO) isn't great to justify what I'm charging for uplighting.

Cowlinn
27-02-2011, 04:48 PM
Paul, do your 56's work with the lil mix controller?

What cans do? I understand they have to be 4 channel but I can't seem to find any.

I'm thinking of selling my colourbursts and buying some brighter. They are good units but the output (IMO) isn't great to justify what I'm charging for uplighting.

If you do sell them, drop me a text ;)

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Charlie....I know you have your 'posh' business and all that but you really are a 'gear snob' mate. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the output on the Colour Bursts in my opinion. I used just 2 today behind me at the wedding fayre in daylight and got 3 uplighting jobs.

Charlie Brown
27-02-2011, 06:25 PM
I'm not a gear snob at all.

I did a site visit today and the output wasn't ample. I've got some venues with really high ceilings this summer and they won't do the job. :)

Cowlinn
27-02-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm not a gear snob at all.

I did a site visit today and the output wasn't ample. I've got some venues with really high ceilings this summer and they won't do the job. :)

They will! Youve seen piccys of other members using them with stupidly high ceilings.

You seem very snappy recently, i think we need a good late night long chat :D

Charlie Brown
27-02-2011, 07:23 PM
You seem very snappy recently, i think we need a good late night long chat :D

:lol:

Don't encourage me.

I know I am. I'm in a foul mood all the time but I don't know why. :shrug:

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Must be time of the month eh Charlie (joke!).
I've posted photos as have others of high ceilings etc and they do the job. I don't see what the problem is? If you don't like them then that's fair enough but a number of us use them and have no problems at all.

Charlie Brown
27-02-2011, 07:42 PM
I've got to light up a chapel in April. The ceiling is twice the height of the 'tall ceiling' you posted. :)

Paul has also said he will use the 56's for larger venues instead of the colour bursts.

Spirits High
27-02-2011, 07:59 PM
Paul has also said he will use the 56's for larger venues instead of the colour bursts.

Venue dependant and also how "discreet" the uplighting needs to be. There's nothing wrong with Colourbursts.

Of course the 56's will be brighter as they've got 10mm leds in them ;)

Charlie Brown
27-02-2011, 08:00 PM
Of course the 56's will be brighter as they've got 10mm leds in them ;)

Flexibility. I can make them dimmer with my lil mix controller.

Spirits High
27-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Flexibility. I can make them dimmer with my lil mix controller.

If you've got 4ch Cans!

Charlie Brown
27-02-2011, 08:04 PM
If you've got 4ch Cans!

Which I'm on the look out for. I think I've found the right ones!

Spirits High
27-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Which I'm on the look out for. I think I've found the right ones!

That well known auction site has loads on it......funnily enough if you type in led par 56 can.....Hey presto!!

Charlie Brown
27-02-2011, 08:24 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-x-LED-PAR-56-CANS-RGB-STAGE-DJ-DISCO-CLUB-LIGHTING-/330536060471?pt=UK_ConElec_LightingLEDsStrobes_RL&hash=item4cf57c0637#ht_4103wt_1029

Are these any good?

Thanks for your help Paul. :)

Spirits High
27-02-2011, 08:25 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-x-LED-PAR-56-CANS-RGB-STAGE-DJ-DISCO-CLUB-LIGHTING-/330536060471?pt=UK_ConElec_LightingLEDsStrobes_RL&hash=item4cf57c0637#ht_4103wt_1029

Are these any good?

Thanks for your help Paul. :)

Same as mine...and from same ebay seller too!

Charlie Brown
27-02-2011, 08:26 PM
One last question.

How many have you got?

Spirits High
28-02-2011, 12:20 AM
1 million, mwah ha ha ha ha ha

Charlie Brown
28-02-2011, 08:23 AM
1 million, mwah ha ha ha ha ha

I'll buy 16 to start off with. ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-02-2011, 10:23 AM
I'll buy 16 to start off with. ;)

Why spend £60 a can when the ones from CPC are just as good/bright/flexible and cost £35? :confused:

Charlie Brown
28-02-2011, 10:32 AM
Why spend £60 a can when the ones from CPC are just as good/bright/flexible and cost £35? :confused:

Can I use the £35 CPC cans with the lil mix controller? They aren't four channel are they?

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Can I use the £35 CPC cans with the lil mix controller? They aren't four channel are they?

Why do you need the controller? What do you want to achieve?

Charlie Brown
28-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Why do you need the controller? What do you want to achieve?

The ability to colour mix, have the cans sound to light and for them to slowly fade throughout the evening.

Charlie Brown
28-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Isn't there any other cheaper 4 channel cans?

I have a good deal with the ebay seller which I'll probably go with TBF.

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-02-2011, 11:00 AM
You can do most of that with the Pulse ones. They work master and slave S2L and they have a fade facility. It depends how far you need to go with the colour mixing really.

Charlie Brown
28-02-2011, 11:19 AM
You can do most of that with the Pulse ones. They work master and slave S2L and they have a fade facility. It depends how far you need to go with the colour mixing really.

I just wanted to be able to control it behind my desk. With the CPC cans they have to be preset beforehand. I can't change the colours throughout the evening can I?

Solitaire Events Ltd
28-02-2011, 11:30 AM
I just wanted to be able to control it behind my desk. With the CPC cans they have to be preset beforehand. I can't change the colours throughout the evening can I?

No, I don't think so.

Shakermaker Promotions
28-02-2011, 01:17 PM
Oh to be able to just say "I'll have 16 of them" just like that. Charlie, you must either be doing very well or have lots of spare cash. Fair play to you.
I'm mega busy but I couldn't just find nearly £2000 for 16 of those lights just like that.

People are giving you advice mate and Darren has already recommended the Pulse ones on a few occasions. You've purchased Colourbursts which you aren't convinced by and now it looks like you just want to go out and blow £2000 ish on the ones on the link? It just looks like you don't actually know what you want to do to be honest with you.

surround sounds
28-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Oh to be able to just say "I'll have 16 of them" just like that. Charlie, you must either be doing very well or have lots of spare cash. Fair play to you.
I'm mega busy but I couldn't just find nearly £2000 for 16 of those lights just like that.

People are giving you advice mate and Darren has already recommended the Pulse ones on a few occasions. You've purchased Colourbursts which you aren't convinced by and now it looks like you just want to go out and blow £2000 ish on the ones on the link? It just looks like you don't actually know what you want to do to be honest with you.

How does this work out at £2000

£480 for 8.. Means for 16 £960..Maybe i have missed something?

Shakermaker Promotions
28-02-2011, 01:24 PM
My apologies...I thought I saw it as £480.00 for 4 units.

Charlie Brown
28-02-2011, 01:26 PM
I've spoke to the guy who owns the shop and I've arranged a deal with him.

£775 for 16 cans complete with DMX leads. Not bad IMO.

surround sounds
28-02-2011, 01:31 PM
My apologies...I thought I saw it as £480.00 for 4 units.

No Problem:D :D

DiscosMobile
02-03-2011, 03:12 PM
Quick one to all those with colourbursts..

I like the idea of daisy chaining.. Instead of having massive IEC leads all leading back to the DJ Booth...

Do you do this or do you place them next to the plug sockets or just run extensions all over the place.

How does everyone deal with the power wires???

Rick

Daryll
02-03-2011, 03:54 PM
Quick one to all those with colourbursts..

I like the idea of daisy chaining.. Instead of having massive IEC leads all leading back to the DJ Booth...

Do you do this or do you place them next to the plug sockets or just run extensions all over the place.

How does everyone deal with the power wires???

Rick

Depends on the venue , the tythe barn at petersfield has mains outlets ever 3 meters , ideal , but usually I daisy chain them all with a selection of 2/3 and 5m cables , the colourbursts are less than 10w each , so a theoretical amount would be 25 ish , and for each light , a "Y" iec connector.

Daryll

Shakermaker Promotions
02-03-2011, 04:31 PM
A number of venue I go have lots of sockets spread out down the main walls of the venue so it is ideal just to plug them in where they are. I use 'Y' connectors too if I need to. I am at a venue this coming saturday doing the Disco and Uplighting for a wedding so I will take some photos as I could do with some new ones. I went to visit it last night and it is perfect for Uplighting as it has 5 sockets down each side of the venue.

It also has a massive stage so I will uplight behind me too.

The only thing I don't like about Uplighting (although it does look great at the time), is when someone wants Colour Changing Uplighting and not Static. It's the DMX leads etc that need to be connected up etc as unless you set them all to colourfade and have them all running off the same power supply which you can just flick on, you have to connect all the DMX leads up. It's a pain but I make sure that if someone goes for that rather than Static, they pay extra for it.

DiscosMobile
02-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah.. I quite like the http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodpage.asp?prodid=3145

With the Acme they have a sound to light function too.. As well as 15 pre programmed lighting settings for colours..

But the colourbursts are too cheap to ignore. 10 for the same price as 4 of these.. but these have IEC in and out.

Dynamic Entertainment
02-03-2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah.. I quite like the http://www.djanddiscostuff.com/prodpage.asp?prodid=3145

With the Acme they have a sound to light function too.. As well as 15 pre programmed lighting settings for colours..

But the colourbursts are too cheap to ignore. 10 for the same price as 4 of these.. but these have IEC in and out.

Forget the IEC In/Out, buy some Y Splitters for £3.71 each

http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-elec/pe00080/splitter-iec-one-into-two/dp/PL10191