PDA

View Full Version : Media Monkey question

Tom
05-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Is there a limit to how many songs I can search using the software???

Excalibur
06-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Is there a limit to how many songs I can search using the software???

My backup stay at home never leaves the house personal use only master drive searches 16,000 happily. The gold ( ie paid for ) version has a couple of extr tricks. Propeller and Justin both use this so a better answer may appear.

ppentertainments
06-02-2009, 09:06 AM
My backup stay at home never leaves the house personal use only master drive searches 16,000 happily. The gold ( ie paid for ) version has a couple of extr tricks. Propeller and Justin both use this so a better answer may appear.

I have a similar hard drive with just over 15,000 tracks on. I have also scanned 2 other stay at home backup drives each containing the same amount of tracks onto MM. Thats a total of over 45,000 tracks (albeit duplicates), that media monkey recognises and have no problems at all. I have the gold version so not sure if free version any different - it's cheap as chips to buy anyway if this was the case.

DazzyD
06-02-2009, 08:36 PM
I can vouch for this as last year Chris recommended MM to me. In my personal MP3 collection, on the NAS drive, I have over 27,000 tracks and MM has no trouble with searching the whole collection.

Never taken MM out on the road, though, so can't comment on what it's like in a live environment.

Excalibur
06-02-2009, 08:42 PM
I can vouch for this as last year Chris recommended MM to me. In my personal MP3 collection, on the NAS drive, I have over 27,000 tracks and MM has no trouble with searching the whole collection.

Never taken MM out on the road, though, so can't comment on what it's like in a live environment.

I now use it on the road as a database/source of inspiration with 15,000 tracks, and before Produb, did the same with it as a third playout source. We're only talking six months, but now that I've learnt a couple of things, it's bombproof. It still doesn't search as fast as the Cortex though.

Tom
06-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Cool. Thanks for the help guys. Looks like this will be going on the laptop. :D:D

Peter, you say it dont search as quick as the cortex??? I just typed a song iun the sear bar on the top right and in fact its quicker than the
Denon. :eek:

Much easier to see the song as its a much larger screen compared to the small screen on the Denon.

Penfold42
06-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Peter, you say it dont search as quick as the cortex??? I just typed a song iun the sear bar on the top right and in fact its quicker than the

Traitor :sj:

Excalibur
06-02-2009, 08:58 PM
Cool. Thanks for the help guys. Looks like this will be going on the laptop. :D:D

Much easier to see the song as its a much larger screen compared to the small screen on the Denon.

I shall resist the urge to make a snidey comment about Denon. My home PC is way overdue for renewal, and the laptop is not a flying machine. Perhaps you've got a more powerful PC?

ppentertainments
06-02-2009, 08:59 PM
I now use it on the road as a database/source of inspiration with 15,000 tracks, and before Produb, did the same with it as a third playout source. We're only talking six months, but now that I've learnt a couple of things, it's bombproof. It still doesn't search as fast as the Cortex though.

Much as I like the cortex, I have to disagree, I am afraid. I find MM quicker and a better search facility than the cortex :eek: :eek:

Excalibur
06-02-2009, 09:10 PM
Much as I like the cortex, I have to disagree, I am afraid. I find MM quicker and a better search facility than the cortex :eek: :eek:

I hear what you say. ;) The search experience of the Cortex may be influenced by HDD performance, and MP3 tagging, among other things presumably. Therefore I suspect each user's results are likely to differ.

Quicker, no way.
Better, no. Different, yes. That can often be useful.

ppentertainments
06-02-2009, 09:12 PM
I hear what you say. ;) The search experience of the Cortex may be influenced by HDD performance, and MP3 tagging, among other things presumably. Therefore I suspect each user's results are likely to differ.

Quicker, no way.
Better, no. Different, yes. That can often be useful.

Will back down on the mp3 tagging - mine is all over the shop at the moment :eek: :eek:

Excalibur
06-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Will back down on the mp3 tagging - mine is all over the shop at the moment :eek: :eek:

Could still be better than mine. :o :o :o

Tom
06-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Traitor :sj:

I'm still using Denon. :D:D.

I think it might be because a PC is faster than a Cortex but I find it easier to search on Media Monkey. :)

Excalibur
06-02-2009, 09:33 PM
I think it might be because a PC is faster than a Cortex but I find it easier to search on Media Monkey. :)

Well either I've got the Cortex with Turbo and Intercooler, or I've left the handbrake on the PC again. :confused: :D

Tom
06-02-2009, 09:37 PM
Well either I've got the Cortex with Turbo and Intercooler, or I've left the handbrake on the PC again. :confused: :D

Check the brakes have not seized. This can be fixed with a hard drive defrag. Works wonders. ;):D

soundtracker
19-08-2009, 02:32 PM
Just started using media monkey, and have moved 1600 tracks onto it from i-tunes library. I have created a playlist as instructed and exported this to my hard-drive, but when I open my hard-drive some of my tracks are duplicated, with the band name, showing in the song title!! Anyone had this problem before and know how to surmount?

Excalibur
19-08-2009, 06:16 PM
Just started using media monkey, and have moved 1600 tracks onto it from i-tunes library. I have created a playlist as instructed and exported this to my hard-drive, but when I open my hard-drive some of my tracks are duplicated, with the band name, showing in the song title!! Anyone had this problem before and know how to surmount?

No good asking me mate, I've only ever made one playlist, and forgotten how I did that! :o :o :o

discomobiledj
19-08-2009, 07:02 PM
I've made a few playlists and never had a problem with it. I've tried various digital players and for ease and quickness it wins hands down.