PDA

View Full Version : LED Lighting

Cheesey 1975
07-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Folks

Im looking at buying some LED lights after borrowing some at the weekend.

Can anyone recommend anything ???

Im thinking about getting some LED Boogies

http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR231271
What do you all think :beer1: :beer1:

Daryll
07-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Have a look at the ADJ spectrum FX.

http://www.disco-world.co.uk/lighting/american-dj-spectrum-fx-2-led/prod_179.html
I have two, still the same coloured dots , but very different patterns.
the ADJ revo roll.

http://www.disco-world.co.uk/lighting/american-dj-revo-roll/prod_191.html is worth looking at as well , better in fully DMXed , works well with the spectrums, but the impossibled or any 250w effect will drown them out.
I`me having a look at this one at the moment.

http://www.disco-world.co.uk/lighting/american-dj-tri-pearl-led/prod_687.html

Cheers

Daryll

Cheesey 1975
07-02-2009, 08:56 PM
Daryll

Cheers for that I am even more confused now !!!!

May just go into HTFR and see the guys

Rich

nigelwright7557
07-02-2009, 09:24 PM
How about an Impossibled ?

yourdj
07-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Yes impossiled. I have the AD tri phases too. they are brilliant especially with a ca8. Get two of each as a deal.

ppentertainments
07-02-2009, 11:35 PM
If you like dots, buy an impossibled.
Personally I think you are better saving your money to see how the LED fixtures develop - the dots are rubbish IMO

OllieJames
08-02-2009, 08:09 AM
I have no LED effects at allat the minute. Im love the idea of LED washes (pars, megabars, colourpalettes etc) however the LED effects such as the boogie, impossibled, quad gem don't really do anything for me. The only effects that do are the mystic led, and the lights that use LEDs but don't project dots i.e the ADJ Starball LED.

I'm hoping that the LED lights that project gobos such as the XMOVELED & XSCANLED come down in price, albeit the price is fairly good at the minute.

yourdj
08-02-2009, 09:07 AM
What is it about the dots! you are all obsessed.

The tri phase and invincibleds are more like lazers and non dot like. They are very versitile lights.

Dots are a great passive effect anyway for all forms of functions especially for older folk and a filler light.

ppentertainments
08-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Just personal opinions.

As mentioned I think LED lights are progressing and personally I am waiting to see how they do progress before spending.

COOL HAND LUKE
08-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Personally I think you are better saving your money to see how the LED fixtures develop - the dots are rubbish IMO

I have had an Impossibled now for some time and the light is really good for filling a room, but the DOTS are pants:pants: :D

COOL HAND LUKE
08-02-2009, 10:36 AM
I have had an Impossibled now for some time and the light is really good for filling a room, but the DOTS are pants:pants: :D

oops, didnt realise they were big pants, sorry

OllieJames
08-02-2009, 12:15 PM

Good use of the :pants: smiley! ;)

Yeah, i don't mind the dots, i just prefer gobos.

Cheesey 1975
08-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Im liking the big pants smiley

But after borrowing some boogies at the weekend i do like them !!!

OllieJames
08-02-2009, 12:26 PM

If you like the boogies, go for them! :)

I'm actually liking the Acme LittLEDs...

Jay Drabble
09-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Content removed gr8

Adam_F
09-02-2009, 04:16 PM

After this weekend, when I'm back at the Nags, you can see the ImpossibLED in action.

But if not, pop into me @ work one day, you can have a look at any of the LED fixtures (well as long as I have them in).

Dynamic Entertainment
09-02-2009, 08:08 PM
invincibleds are more like lazers and non dot like.

Just found a video on prolights website and im not impressed to be honest. Its definately still dots if you dont have smoke/haze.

Roy James
13-02-2009, 03:12 PM
Hi fellow DJ,
I use 2 x Revo 111's lots of dots I admit, but great colours and certanly fill any large room.

Happy DJ ing
Roy James:)

Alchemy
23-04-2009, 09:21 PM

As the DJ you are the only person who can see the dots. With a bit of haze or smoke everyone else gets beams.

(I've got two imp's and a Marv' so I'm bound to be biased :D )

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-04-2009, 09:28 PM
As the DJ you are the only person who can see the dots. With a bit of haze or smoke everyone else gets beams.

And if you don't use smoke or haze, then all you see is dots....

DeckstarDeluxe
23-04-2009, 09:35 PM

(I've got two imp's and a Marv' so I'm bound to be biased :D )

When the dots are all over the walls, floor and on peoples face they do see the dots.

With beams they are nice lights but seriously its time the guys got some gobos in these led fixtures.

I bet when they do come out the market will be flooded with mircaleds, mystics and impossibleds.

tc1ooo
23-04-2009, 10:55 PM
I wouldnt mind the dots if they were different colours, it's just the red, blue, green and white that seems old fashioned to me.

I've gone for the Tri-Phase, yes it has different type of dots, but they move and change colour.

yourdj
24-04-2009, 08:24 AM
with ca8 you can also change speed and direction. good lights

Totally Plucked
26-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Mmmm, people state they hate the dots, but there again it was the same with moonflower effects, it wasn't dots but horse shoe type effects !

Alchemy
26-04-2009, 03:56 PM
And if you don't use smoke or haze, then all you see is dots....

Lights without haze is like gin without tonic :D

Starlight
27-04-2009, 11:17 AM
Just personal opinions.

As mentioned I think LED lights are progressing and personally I am waiting to see how they do progress before spending.

Our LED lighting has progressed big time :cool: ;)

Best wishes,

Neil.

Vectis
27-04-2009, 12:05 PM
What's that smell? :o

... it's a bit like Spam Fritters :o

BigBen
05-05-2009, 08:35 PM
I've spent the last month testing many, many LED lights. As a non-smoker (or hazer) all I could see was the tiny Red, Green and Blue dots on the floor and walls. They don't even move...they just flash on and off. I thought they looked a bit pathetic. But, at this price level in the current LED market place, there's not a lot else to choose from.

In the end I purchased a Kam 3D laser which throws a huge amount of red and green dots all over the room plus it has a nice 3D effect. Same price as two ImpossibLED's or similar but much more effective in a single small unit.

To completely contradict myself, I also got two MiracLED's...which are basically flashing RGB lights! These lights, however, aren't dots as such, they're more like small spot lights. The programming seems so much better than other models, too.

Totally Plucked
28-12-2009, 02:24 PM
American Dj Aggressor Tri Led is a nice centrpiece, a bit retro derby style but gives a much improved colour variation other than Red, Green, Blue.

2 x 9 watt 3-in-1 RGB TRI Color LEDs (creates red, green, blue, purple, yellow, cyan & white) non dmx though.

If you fancy a stunner take a look at this

American Dj Shooting star

YouTube- American DJ Shooting Star LED

djsteve10
28-12-2009, 03:05 PM
It just looks like another Derby effect without the smoke. More coloured dots in my opinion.

Totally Plucked
28-12-2009, 03:50 PM
More than a Derby effect I think, the beams do not rise and fall like a traditional Derby, but appear to shoot from the body in a laser style effect.

The improvement in colour and 18 watt led output is a bit improvement for led lighting, the only thing with this effect that resembles a derby is the casing.