PDA

View Full Version : Serato Scratch Live - Rane

ExtremeFoam
10-02-2009, 07:58 AM
Hi Guys,

Appologies in advance if I have started another thread, but I couldn't locate one for this topic.

I was just wondering who uses Searto Scratch Live?

For the last year, its been a key part to nightclub DJing gigs, and I feel that I couldn't go back now that my entire music collection has been converted.

Just wondering on your views of such hardware/software?

Thanks

Ash

djsteve10
10-02-2009, 10:43 AM
I have used serato for the past 5 months and I have to say it's great. Alot easier to take my music collection on hard drive and still be able to use the CDJ's to manipulate the music is great too.

Great software well reccomended to club dj's.

ExtremeFoam
10-02-2009, 12:36 PM
I have used serato for the past 5 months and I have to say it's great. Alot easier to take my music collection on hard drive and still be able to use the CDJ's to manipulate the music is great too.

Great software well reccomended to club dj's.

Yes!

I use CDJs to mix and the usual club gear when doing guest spots.

I still think some clubs are thinking its a type of 'VDJ', auto beatmatching etc.. but I think it's becoming recognised that this isnt the case, which is only a good thing.

Crate'ing, BPM's displays and waves allow for some smooth, better mixing too.

Top stuff.

djsteve10
10-02-2009, 12:53 PM
Yes!

I use CDJs to mix and the usual club gear when doing guest spots.

I still think some clubs are thinking its a type of 'VDJ', auto beatmatching etc.. but I think it's becoming recognised that this isnt the case, which is only a good thing.

Crate'ing, BPM's displays and waves allow for some smooth, better mixing too.

Top stuff.

Alot of clubs recognise the software and how the DJ's use it. Serato is also alot easier in the aid of using samples and also changing your mind at the very last second as a CDJ with a cd takes around 8 seconds to load a cd which can be a matter of music or no music.

Dynamic Entertainment
10-02-2009, 01:39 PM
I use it. Last time i covered Lloyds bar in Carlisle, i was asked whether my computer done the work, when i explained i was told fine. I think that they didnt want a VDJ type of thing.

I love SSL! :D

djsteve10
10-02-2009, 01:47 PM
I use it. Last time i covered Lloyds bar in Carlisle, i was asked whether my computer done the work, when i explained i was told fine. I think that they didnt want a VDJ type of thing.

I love SSL! :D

Slightly off topic but what Agency supplys the dj's to Lloyds bars & Yate's?

Dynamic Entertainment
10-02-2009, 01:55 PM
Im not sure the name. Its a scouser called Steve that ive dealt with. Im not stricktly on their books. One of the guys i work with is, but on a few occasions hes not been able to cover, so put my name forward and i got the work. I didnt want to be on their books though as they have restrictions in place. Ill find out the name of the agency for you.

DJ James Lake
10-02-2009, 08:24 PM
Slightly off topic but what Agency supplys the dj's to Lloyds bars & Yate's?

Its a company called Event Uk the pay is low though.

Dynamic Entertainment
10-02-2009, 09:38 PM
That name doesnt ring a bell. The wage wasnt that bad, considering all i turned up with was a lappy, headphones and a mic :D

DJ James Lake
11-02-2009, 07:16 PM
They average about £120 a gig and long hours.

Dynamic Entertainment
11-02-2009, 07:21 PM
The price is about right. Was a 9 start and midnight finish so i wasnt gonna grumble :D

Javlingames
23-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I use scratch live, Love it. I only ever use it with timecoded vinyl though, keepin it real, with mp3's LOL. alot of clubs are having it installed now, the club i work in have 4 SL1 boxes installed, 2 in each room, 1 for cdj's and 1 for 1210's. Its pretty much becoming the industry standard for club DJ's and forward thinking mobile dj's.

visualdjmax
14-03-2009, 05:44 PM
Hi Guys,

Appologies in advance if I have started another thread, but I couldn't locate one for this topic.

I was just wondering who uses Searto Scratch Live?

For the last year, its been a key part to nightclub DJing gigs, and I feel that I couldn't go back now that my entire music collection has been converted.

Just wondering on your views of such hardware/software?

Thanks

Ash

Just started using it on Monday and I am really huffed with it. I think that I am going to go for the video plug in as well.