PDA

View Full Version : Mackie S215's

Roy James
12-02-2009, 10:25 AM
Hi again all,
I was wondering wether or not any of you have heard or got the Mackie S215's (Pasive cabs) and how you rate them.
I bought a pair in January, but due to illness have not fired them up! as yet.
Have got the power amp to run them, just wondering on the sound. Should have had a listen first, but bought of the internet for £350 (brand new) the pair, so thought I'd take a chance.

Cheers
Roy James:)

Roy James
08-03-2009, 10:22 PM
Well after 15 gigs, these cabs BALLL!!!!!! woweeeeeee! For the price of £350 for the pair these will give any of your top of the range cabs a run for their money! (Sorry but Kam, Soundlab, Peavey.....) Don't come any where close.

Mark Wild
08-03-2009, 11:40 PM
15 gigs since 12th Feb ! wow you've certainly got your money's worth already mate !

Roy James
09-03-2009, 09:09 AM
Hi again, not all my own gigs (I wish!!) had them out on hire as well, and got really great comments back on them, they really do perform well.
Glad now I got them, was a bit worried at first coz of the name Mackie, and so much of the powered stuff breaking down (Have a look on the Mackie forum site) but as these are the passive cabs there is no problem.
Well worth the £350.

J&J Discos
18-05-2009, 04:31 PM
Well after 15 gigs, these cabs BALLL!!!!!! woweeeeeee! For the price of £350 for the pair these will give any of your top of the range cabs a run for their money! (Sorry but Kam, Soundlab, Peavey.....) Don't come any where close.

I bought a pair of S215s for £450 (DJ Kit) and from what I have heard from them - they are AMAZING!

The high frequencies are crystal clear and the low frequencies boom! I gave ONE of these cabs a test the other day outside and ran it up to 400 watts on one side of a power amp - you could still hear the booming sound of these from 4 blocks away! Compared to other speakers in their price range, they completely blow them away (literally) with their efficiency and quality.

One question tho - how do you mount them at gigs? They weigh so much and it takes two people to move them (via dragging then around the place!)

Roy James
20-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Hi there, glad you like the cabs, I would recommend to any one for that price. As for lifting them onto stands, a bit tricky but a bit of practice and patience and you will get there.

Excalibur
20-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Hi there, glad you like the cabs, I would recommend to any one for that price. As for lifting them onto stands, a bit tricky but a bit of practice and patience and you will get there.

Oi. Alan. Cross the Mackies off the list. :( :( :( :(

Their physical dimensions are very close to my Class D's, and they're 3Kg heavier. Ah well.

I'd agree that practice and technique are very important. ;)

greyhead
20-05-2009, 10:43 PM
I run a pair of these and they are awesome, I run them on stands and don't find them too bad to rig, have just bought a set of their big brothers the S225's from Whybuynew last week and the rig now sounds superb.Previously ran four Class D CD215's,but the Mackies are 4 ohm so two less cabs to move but incredebly heavy so just making some wheel boards for them.