PDA

View Full Version : Quicker searching PCKJ

Spirits High
13-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Afternoon all,

I'm currently using PCKJ, the thing is when searching for a track is there a quick way to get your chosen track?

At the moment I put the track / artist into the search box and let it do it's stuff. It can take a fair while to "summon" the track.

Any pointers?

Corabar Steve
13-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Defrag your drive?

Spirits High
13-02-2009, 12:39 PM
Defrag your drive?

Always forget the obvious :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Afternoon all,

I'm currently using PCKJ, the thing is when searching for a track is there a quick way to get your chosen track?

At the moment I put the track / artist into the search box and let it do it's stuff. It can take a fair while to "summon" the track.

Any pointers?

How long is it taking Paul? It should be a matter of a second or so, perhaps less. How many tracks do you have?

Spirits High
13-02-2009, 05:35 PM
How long is it taking Paul? It should be a matter of a second or so, perhaps less. How many tracks do you have?

It's taking at a guess without actually timing it :D around a minute or so :eek:

At the time when you've got some drunk "karaokier" (Mayhem take note ;) ) leaning over going where's my song it seems an age. Track numbers I'd say into the thousands.

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-02-2009, 06:45 PM
And your PC spec?

501damian501
13-02-2009, 11:15 PM
whats the spin speed of the harddrive and what ram you got in the computer ?

Solitaire Events Ltd
14-02-2009, 12:51 PM
whats the spin speed of the harddrive and what ram you got in the computer ?

Spin speed won't make the search go that slow.

I used that software with a 4200rpm drive for years and had no problems.

More Ram would help though.

Paul have you optimised your PC for music?

Spirits High
14-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Paul have you optimised your PC for music?

Certainly is, it used to belong to a recently retired DJ ;)

I'll give it a de-frag and see how it goes.

Gigging later today so it's on the "To do" list

Cheers for advice all.

kjdiscos
31-03-2009, 08:31 PM
I search in all tags folder, When i use pcdj kj, However have swapped to swift elite, But in pcdj kj it should take seconds no way a minute

DazzyD
31-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Is it just PCKJ or is the whole computer running sluggish? Could be worth running a virus check in case it's picked something up.

Spirits High
03-04-2009, 12:32 PM
just the pckj, pc itself runs fine.

Have been recommended to change to Winamp with the Karaoke plug in but for the amount of karaoke I do I think I'll stick with what I've got!

axeman
27-04-2009, 11:14 PM
i use the windows own "search" facility, it was pretty quick with xp, now im using vista it's instantanious.

if you are using windows xp, then search, all files folders, then chose the particular drive the karaoke files are in. select the desired track or artist or both - hey presto

with vista = open the folder which contains r karaoke files, use the search facility at the top of the page. simple and quick

kjdiscos
28-04-2009, 02:01 PM
just the pckj, pc itself runs fine.

Have been recommended to change to Winamp with the Karaoke plug in but for the amount of karaoke I do I think I'll stick with what I've got!

Winamps ok paul and free, But the problem with it is you loose the features of kj, However if your lookin at maybe buyign new software look at swift elite mate, Try a demo

Spirits High
28-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Winamps ok paul and free, But the problem with it is you loose the features of kj, However if your lookin at maybe buyign new software look at swift elite mate, Try a demo

For the amount of Karaoke (which isn't many!) gigs I actually do I'll stick with the PCKJ.

Bouncy Dancefloor
29-04-2009, 03:12 AM
i cant comment on pcdj KJ, im using PCDJ VJ, but its pretty instant when i search for songs

mark karaoke
10-05-2009, 11:25 AM
ah maybe you could help me bouncy dancefloor- -i have just had pcdj vj and i cant get all my karaoke onto the search at the same time ---- my kara is on an external western digital harddrive and for some reason i have had to split my kara over 7 folders (23k tracks in total) and i dont know how to load more than one of the folders at a time !!
hope you can help