PDA

View Full Version : Pcdj Kj Pro

superspindiscos
16-02-2009, 01:30 PM
Anyone tried this? still happy with my old RED & KJ but saw some demo of it the other day on YouTube and looked pretty good ..worth my £80 or not??

welby
19-02-2009, 10:59 AM
Anyone tried this? still happy with my old RED & KJ but saw some demo of it the other day on YouTube and looked pretty good ..worth my £80 or not??

Haven't tried this yes, but have been advised to purchase the version from the developers as apparently they have the latest code with additional features.

Such as video support, playlist saving and retrieval, and a 10 band EQ.

http://www.latshawsystems.com/ProductDetails_Karma.aspx

Hope this helps.

superspindiscos
19-02-2009, 12:14 PM
thanks welby will check this out - :)

Cheesey 1975
19-02-2009, 12:17 PM
i havent tried it but use pcdj vj

superspindiscos
19-02-2009, 01:20 PM
hi cheesy already using vj at the moment just wondered what this kj pro may give me that vj doesnt..... to be fair vj is a pretty good all rounder so prob just stick to that for the time being....

welby
19-02-2009, 01:26 PM
hi cheesy already using vj at the moment just wondered what this kj pro may give me that vj doesnt..... to be fair vj is a pretty good all rounder so prob just stick to that for the time being....

VJ is a rebranded version of VirtualDJ which just works!

I have looked for features such as ClipBank, Slideshow etc etc in other programmes and none of them even come close.

Better the devil you know! lol

superspindiscos
19-02-2009, 02:04 PM
not sure what you mean ''just works'' i have been using this for around 6-7 months now with no problems.....re branded or not it works for me and hasnt had a problem which is I presume what you mean....:) ?

re karaoke in vj - the singer rotation feature im not fond of here so wondered if kj pro would be better here - ill try the link you gave me & give it a whirl

welby
19-02-2009, 04:16 PM
not sure what you mean ''just works''

Doesn't crash - that's what I meant.

To be honest I don't use it for dedicated Karaoke, just a disco with a sprinkling of karaoke and must admit the karaoke plug-in function is not that brill.

If you do a lot of karaoke maybe the Latshaw Karma programme is for you, or even look at swift elite 4.

Good luck

Jays karaoke
19-02-2009, 04:43 PM
I use VJ and would never use anything else. I don't think you'll get another programme as reliable and feature packed as VJ.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-02-2009, 04:56 PM
I use VJ and would never use anything else. I don't think you'll get another programme as reliable and feature packed as VJ.

Apart from VDJ on which it is based....

DazzyD
21-02-2009, 10:20 PM
Yep! Totally agree with Darren. I've got Swift Elite 4, OTSAV, Traktor, BPM (which I use for disco on my XP machines - my version doesn't like Vista!) and VDJ but for karaoke VDJ wins hands down. Worth every penny and then some!