PDA

View Full Version : Windows default fonts

James
18-02-2009, 03:37 PM
Hi folks

I was wondering if anyone could do me a favour and copy me the default fonts that windows xp uses (ariel, verdana etc.) not the vista fonts though.

I was playing around with the fonts and deleted all the basic ones and replaced them with a load of new fancy arty fonts, but now when i read my emails i can't read them properly because it's displaying them, in the new arty fonts

If you click on c drive/windows/fonts they'll all be in there, then zip them up and email them to infoatmerseyme.co.uk (replace at with @)

Or if anyone knows of anywhere to download them from?

Thanks

discomobiledj
18-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Are they not in your recycle bin?

Vista fonts are the same as XP.

I would send it over but it's 293mb!!!

501damian501
18-02-2009, 06:46 PM
fonts sent.

James
18-02-2009, 06:57 PM
thanks Damien, much appreciated

I can now read my emails rather than reading pictures of webdings '0)

*Mental note to self* don't delete important fonts in future

501damian501
18-02-2009, 07:16 PM
thanks Damien, much appreciated

I can now read my emails rather than reading pictures of webdings '0)

*Mental note to self* don't delete important fonts in future

:D :D , its ok

DazzyD
19-02-2009, 02:05 PM
You should bear in mind that fonts, like most other things, are subject to copyright. Fonts (not ones you've purchased yourself) are usually licensed to the software that they came with. Make sure you haven't also deleted that software that the fonts came with or you could be using them illegally.

James
19-02-2009, 03:46 PM
Hi, yes i'm aware that fonts are copyright, but seeing as i already own xp it should be ok (presumably?)

The other fonts i've been using come from this site www.dafont.com and they're all freely available for download.

People must make the fonts themselves then make them available for anyone to use

If anyones looking for new fonts, check that site out

DazzyD
20-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Ok James. If they're all MS Windows fonts and, obviously you're still using Windows, then there's no problem! :)

BTW, that looks like a good link for anyone who does websites, DTP, newsletters, etc. Even thought the home page samples look very childish, I've bookmarked the site for future reference! Nice one!