PDA

View Full Version : Singstar PS2

milo
19-02-2009, 01:08 PM
Hi guys,

I just got a CDG player and I’m thinking about doing a bit of karaoke in my new kids bar. Thing is……… for it to work with kids I need something along the lines of Singstar on the playstation.

Is there such a thing as CDG discs that have the actual music video playing in the background, bars showing you how out of tune you are and that play the words quietly in the background to help you along?

I had a look at these sunfly discs, but I don’t like them (suppose I’m just used to singstar now)?

BTW someone is selling 90 (genuine) sunfly discos on ebay for £200.00 if anyone is interested? Worth a look?

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-02-2009, 01:20 PM
£200 is the starting price and not all of them are Sunfly.

milo
19-02-2009, 03:14 PM
There is only a couple of hours left and no bids. Sorry 57 of them are sunfly and the others are different brands - Still worth a look if you're into it?

Any ideas on the singstar style discs?

Jays karaoke
19-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Sunfly are probably one of the best karaoke CDG's around, you cannot seriously do a karaoke either for kids or adults using singstar for PS2.
There are many kids CDG's out there with bouncing ball type guidance with all the kids favourites but if you are wanting more up to date stuff you'll have to stick with the sunfly's, there are a couple of other manufacturers that keep up to date with chart stuff but often the versions are not very good.

If i were you i'd invest a few hundred quid in a few kiddies CDG's and a player.

milo
19-02-2009, 06:31 PM
I have a player and the mics etc. It’s just that I much prefer singstar to the traditional karaoke.

Surely there is something out there that plays the actual music video with the words?

Jiggles
19-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Xbox 360s Lips :D

milo
20-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Xbox 360s Lips :D

Yes, but then I would need an Xbox and lips isn’t as good as Singstar so I may as well get a PS3 and download individual tracks from singstore – I want to use my CDG player to do proper Karaoke, but I just want it to look better and be more user friendly. Is this 80s sunfly rubbish really the best out there? :(

Solitaire Events Ltd
20-02-2009, 10:57 AM
Look better?

If you want to do 'proper' karaoke, you need the music and the lyrics on screen for the singers to see, not some gimmicky rubbish they sell as games.

ppentertainments
20-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Why not look at VCD's which often have a video playing in the background ?

milo
23-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Look better?

If you want to do 'proper' karaoke, you need the music and the lyrics on screen for the singers to see, not some gimmicky rubbish they sell as games.

I think it’s a matter of opinion really – There will always be the die hard 80s/90s style karaoke fans, but the new generation of kids want to see the music video and many of them can’t read well enough to just have the backing track playing without the lyrics. Personally, I never do pub karaoke because I feel a bit stupid if I sing out of time/tune or completely mess up the words, but I’m happy doing singstar because it’s more like singing along to the radio and I don’t feel like people are laughing at me. It’s all just a bit of fun really, so doesn’t really matter so long as you have the music playing and words on the screen.

Anyway, thanks for being so helpful, I will have a look at these VCDs.