PDA

View Full Version : Posting up prices when selling

Tom
21-02-2009, 10:10 PM
Just an idea but what about for anyone selling anything must post a price or nearest offer as part of the post.

There has a been a lot of people selling stuff including myself but some people dont post up prices (no offence to anyone).

I don't know about other people but people sho sell stuff and dont put a price up puts me off.

Just an idea. :)

Jiggles
21-02-2009, 10:17 PM
I agree there Tom. It helps as well. Dont like guessing games.

nigelwright7557
21-02-2009, 10:22 PM
I like the people who advertise on here their links to their gear on ebay.
At least with ebay there is some protection when you buy if you use paypal.

Vectis
22-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Just an idea but what about for anyone selling anything must post a price or nearest offer as part of the post.

Agree that should be a rule of posting.

I like the people who advertise on here their links to their gear on ebay.

I personally think that shouldn't be allowed and would never do it myself.

At least with ebay there is some protection when you buy if you use paypal.

True. One of the good things about the 3 months / 100 posts rules.

Feedback on successful (and not so!) transactions conducted via the forum should be encouraged though, even if just a 'thanks' from the happy recipient.

djgordyp
22-02-2009, 08:21 AM
I personally think that shouldn't be allowed and would never do it myself.

I don't see a problem with posting ebay listings. If djbids had still been going, then I could see the point.
If you have put something disco related on ebay, then why not let people on here know about it.

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-02-2009, 10:57 AM
I don't see a problem with posting ebay listings. If djbids had still been going, then I could see the point.

DJ Bids would certainly have still been going if lazy arsed people on here could have been bothered to list things. There has been more items for sale on here in the last few months, than there were in the whole time DJ Bids was running. :mad:

andyw
22-02-2009, 11:24 AM
may i suggest instead of dj bids why not ask for a donation for every item sold through here,i know it would rely on people be honest when advertising but feel/hope most people would be. i would ask(this is for example only) if i was to buy something off someone for £100 then i send them say£90 and £10 to the forum for administration. don't like the idea of posting the results that will only work if both parties are happy and satisfied could get nasty if that is not the case and dirty washing should not be aired in public.

Jiggles
22-02-2009, 11:28 AM
10% take :eek:

andyw
22-02-2009, 11:47 AM
it was an example to keep it simple,the amount would be decided by the powers that be and cold be put on top of the section so everyone would know in advance, it's just an idea but i think it is fair to give something back when we use the forum for selling,come on where else can you sell your gear for free and at a target audience

Jiggles
22-02-2009, 11:48 AM
OR Supporters only. £1 a month.

andyw
22-02-2009, 11:50 AM
there you go give it free to supporters and charge the rest.

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-02-2009, 12:31 PM
there you go give it free to supporters and charge the rest.

But unfortunately, people would start not to sell their items on here again.

andyw
22-02-2009, 12:39 PM
that would be there choice,i would rather give the money here than ebay

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-02-2009, 12:44 PM
i would rather give the money here

OK, send me a cheque then payable to....:D

andyw
22-02-2009, 12:52 PM
if you charged the same as ebay,people could put up the gear they want to sell if they don't sell it they don't pay nothing then the can put the ebay link up at the end of the thread and it cost's them nothing but time

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-02-2009, 12:54 PM
if you charged the same as ebay,people could put up the gear they want to sell if they don't sell it they don't pay nothing then the can put the ebay link up at the end of the thread and it cost's them nothing but time

The trouble is, some people couldn't be trusted to pay and I already spend enough time on here without chasing people for money.

andyw
22-02-2009, 01:05 PM
i understand what your saying,thats why i suggested the buyer send the money,but thinking about it the seller should be responsible and if they don't pay they would be banned from selling again.but i understand why you don't want to make extra work for yourself.i think most people would just send a cheque at the end of the transaction but that would still involve you keeping track of all the for sale items.as i say it was just an idea,personally i think poeple should give a little something for the service

BeerFunk
22-02-2009, 05:25 PM
DJ Bids would certainly have still been going if lazy arsed people on here could have been bothered to list things. There has been more items for sale on here in the last few months, than there were in the whole time DJ Bids was running. :mad:DJ Bids was a great addition to the site, but didn't seem to take off for some reason. I was one of the guilty parties too though, I had (and still have) a load of stuff I could have listed.

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-02-2009, 05:39 PM
DJ Bids was a great addition to the site, but didn't seem to take off for some reason.

Because people were too lazy to bother.

PropellerHeadCase
22-02-2009, 05:45 PM
Members only section? Might just encourage a few more people to join ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
22-02-2009, 05:52 PM

Join what?

womble
26-03-2009, 01:01 PM

Or scare a lot of people away. It works the way it is, I reckon.

I would ask why posters with less than 100 posts are not allowed to sell though? I can understand people being wary of scammers, but there's enough caveats on there for buyers to take their own risks.

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Or scare a lot of people away. It works the way it is, I reckon.

I would ask why posters with less than 100 posts are not allowed to sell though? I can understand people being wary of scammers, but there's enough caveats on there for buyers to take their own risks.

Because we don't want people coming on just to get a bit of free advertising and then buggering off again. :D

Shaun
26-03-2009, 01:16 PM

The 'For Sale/Wanted forum' section is for established members only. The limitations (100 posts and 3 months membership) are in place to stop people signing up solely to sell things. Way 'back in the day' there weren't any restrictions. We had an influx of "one post members" using the forum to offload surplus stuff, then disappearing never to be seen again. Hopefully the restrictions entice people to hang around and get involved in the forum.

*edit: Daz can type faster than me. :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
26-03-2009, 01:30 PM
The 'For Sale/Wanted forum' section is for established members only. The limitations (100 posts and 3 months membership) are in place to stop people signing up solely to sell things. Way 'back in the day' there weren't any restrictions. We had an influx of "one post members" using the forum to offload surplus stuff, then disappearing never to be seen again. Hopefully the restrictions entice people to hang around and get involved in the forum.

*edit: Daz can type faster than me. :D

And I get to the point quicker...;)

womble
26-03-2009, 01:42 PM
that's fair enough...

I figured there must be some historic reason behind the rule.

Shaun
26-03-2009, 01:56 PM
And I get to the point quicker...;)

You're just lazier. :P