PDA

View Full Version : PCDJ Dac-3 ... Does Anyone Use One?

thex-faders
24-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi all,
Just a quick question regarding what controllers people use. I use a Dac-3 and find it extremely capable of dong everything i would need a controller to do but it seems like many of the people on here use mainly denon or other controllers?
Is this down to ease of use or other reasons? Has anyone stopped using a Dac3 and if so why? It seems to do the job for me... But only with the Dac3 mapper installed.

Cheers all

DJ James Lake
25-02-2009, 02:28 AM
Hi all,
Just a quick question regarding what controllers people use. I use a Dac-3 and find it extremely capable of dong everything i would need a controller to do but it seems like many of the people on here use mainly denon or other controllers?
Is this down to ease of use or other reasons? Has anyone stopped using a Dac3 and if so why? It seems to do the job for me... But only with the Dac3 mapper installed.

Cheers all

Not the DAC 3 but have used various controllers over time. Behringer BCD2000, Numark DMC2 (one of my favourites over a DAC-3 any day) Denon DN-HC4500 (drove me nut and kept crashing PCDJ VJ) but have always loved my Allen & Heath Xone3d which has been reliable and so flexible with every button being able to be midi mapped to whatever I like.

superspindiscos
25-02-2009, 08:20 AM
I use the DAC 3 bud, tried the Denon sexy as hell looks the part - inbuilt soundcard but couldnt get to grips of it like my DAC 3. For use with PCDJ products then I have found it to be great...to think I used to use a mouse and keypad....:zip:

thex-faders
25-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Admitedly, the dac3 as it is didnt do enough for me personally, but once i had the Dac3 Mapper it was ideal!
However i would like to find out if you can edit the dac3 mapper file so that i can tell it what each button should do as this would be very useful.
As James Lake described with midi mapping. This would be a useful feature!

Does anyone have ay advice on this?

coloursounds
16-03-2009, 04:54 PM
stick this question on the pcdj website forum and the boys in hull will answer all your queries

DJMaxG
08-04-2009, 05:22 PM
The Dac 3 is a nice controller.

Most people are buying Denon as it is a brand name, and they can have the matching mixer.

Denon is a more common brand than PCDJ, so that might be why.

The Dac 3 is easier, it is 3U, so you basicly have more room to work.

Solitaire Events Ltd
08-04-2009, 05:49 PM
The Dac 3 is a nice controller.

Most people are buying Denon as it is a brand name, and they can have the matching mixer.

Denon is a more common brand than PCDJ, so that might be why.

The Dac 3 is easier, it is 3U, so you basicly have more room to work.

Er, I think you'll find there are lots of differences between the DAC-3 and the Denon. The Denon HC4500 is also 3U.

JDB Entertainment
08-04-2009, 08:59 PM
i use a Dac-2 and was looking at upgrading to a Dac-3 at some point this year.

So will be following this thread.

As for my input using a Dac-2 controller, it is user friendly and easy to use and does what i wanted it to do.

DiscoPromotions
09-04-2009, 12:08 PM
Simon uses the Numark Total control and I use the MixMeister Controller.

I did use the very first DAC for PCDJ years ago

djsteve10
11-04-2009, 03:03 PM
I have a Numark DMC2 that I run with Numark Cue for video work,

In my opinion they are alot better than the DAC3, Best bet is to take a trip to your local DJ store that deals with Digital DJ products and try out all the controllers reccomended and see which suites your needs.

thex-faders
14-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks for your comments,
I think if we start using video's and need to properly get into VJing then we may look at another controller but the Dac3 seems to suit our needs for music mixing at the moment!

Cheers again