PDA

View Full Version : ADJ MyDmx

Spirits High
25-02-2009, 01:15 PM
Hi Guys,

There's been alot of positve reviews on this "Dongle" and now it's back in stoock I bought myself one :D

Arrives tomorrow

Most places seem to be doing it for £109 , got mine from Disco World as they're holding the old price of £89.00 ;)

Anyone else use this?

If so do you like it ?

Jiggles
25-02-2009, 01:17 PM
Love it! I like the interface better than Das Lite! Dont know why though. :D

Grahame Case
25-02-2009, 01:27 PM
hi Paul,

i also bought mine from Discoworld today.

a bargain if i ever saw one!

http://www.disco-world.co.uk/lighting-control/american-dj-my-dmx/prod_171.html

it says 13 left but i wouldn't trust that :) best to give Darren a phone on

Spirits High
25-02-2009, 03:47 PM
hi Paul,

i also bought mine from Discoworld today.

a bargain if i ever saw one!

http://www.disco-world.co.uk/lighting-control/american-dj-my-dmx/prod_171.html

it says 13 left but i wouldn't trust that :) best to give Darren a phone on

I got an email from them this morning and was straight on the site.........then I decided to call ;)

As ever good service from them , also get my monthly pro disc form them

Shakermaker Promotions
25-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Mine has been on order so I hope to receive it in the next day or two and then I can spend next week learning to use it.
I really like the look of it and it seems very easy to use.
Let us know how you get on with it.

Grahame Case
25-02-2009, 04:32 PM
Mine has been on order so I hope to receive it in the next day or two and then I can spend next week learning to use it.
I really like the look of it and it seems very easy to use.
Let us know how you get on with it.

just watching the stock slowly creep down at discoworld... can't see it being in stock for long at the £89 price.

from one of the other forums :

The price is still £89.. but I think it will have to be at £ 95 or £99 within a few days as these have cost us more than originally thought.

Shakermaker Promotions
25-02-2009, 04:43 PM
I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. Mine was ordered at the £89.00 price from Total Sounds in Reading. My mate John that runs the shop said that it would be going up to around the £99.00 / £109.00 mark.

DJ James Lake
25-02-2009, 09:46 PM
After looking at My DMX I went for Chauvet showxpress far easier to setup and program

Jiggles
25-02-2009, 09:57 PM
After looking at My DMX I went for Chauvet showxpress far easier to setup and program

I thought the opposite! I looked at it and it looked very confusing! Then seen MyDMX and it was a doddle!

DJ James Lake
26-02-2009, 01:20 AM
I thought the opposite! I looked at it and it looked very confusing! Then seen MyDMX and it was a doddle!

Check out the setup videos theres about 7 made by one guy about showxpress on youtube, I got straight in and had my first show set in under 5 mins after watching them.

P.S. The generator is your best mate with scanners and moving heads in ShowXpress i discovered.

Grahame Case
26-02-2009, 11:45 AM
well that is disco world sold out of MYdmx, i'll keep an eye out for other retailers for other folks still interested in purchasing

Jiggles
26-02-2009, 12:08 PM
P.S. The generator is your best mate with scanners and moving heads in ShowXpress i discovered.

Yeh theres a Gen in MyDMX as well :)

Spirits High
26-02-2009, 12:17 PM
well that is disco world sold out of MYdmx, i'll keep an eye out for other retailers for other folks still interested in purchasing

I spotted that aswell :eek:

So own up then , who else got one?

Bouncy Dancefloor
26-02-2009, 12:53 PM
my father owns a DJ shop and sold a copy for £89 and was happy with the markup on this product, i doubt he got a special deal, so it may just be hype on discoworlds part. Maybe a little more for P+P as this was a instore pruchase

if anyone wants a copy, try him 01242 222721

Shakermaker Promotions
26-02-2009, 01:23 PM
I got a call about 10 minutes ago from my mate who said that he has my copy in stock and it will be with me tomorrow.

OneSteve
26-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I ordered one yesterday, expect it tomorrow. Looks like what I've been after. Just need to find a fixture for my LEDJ 252s and my soundlab scanners.

Spirits High
26-02-2009, 03:04 PM
my father owns a DJ shop and sold a copy for £89 and was happy with the markup on this product, i doubt he got a special deal, so it may just be hype on discoworlds part. Maybe a little more for P+P as this was a instore pruchase

if anyone wants a copy, try him 01242 222721

free P&P from Disco world, arrived lunchtime today :D

All this talk of copies :confused:

How do you copy a Dongle :D

Jiggles
26-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I ordered one yesterday, expect it tomorrow. Looks like what I've been after. Just need to find a fixture for my LEDJ 252s and my soundlab scanners.

Steve if you can find the manuals i can create the profiles for you.

Spirits High
26-02-2009, 03:11 PM

I'll remember that if I get stuck :D

OneSteve
26-02-2009, 04:11 PM

I'll have a fiddle at the weekend, If I'm stuck I might take you up on that offer.

Jiggles
26-02-2009, 04:16 PM
I'll remember that if I get stuck :D

:moon:

I'll have a fiddle at the weekend, If I'm stuck I might take you up on that offer.

ok :)

Adam_F
26-02-2009, 04:45 PM
my father owns a DJ shop and sold a copy for £89 and was happy with the markup on this product, i doubt he got a special deal, so it may just be hype on discoworlds part.

This is NOT hype from Darren (DiscoWorld).

ADJs prices have risen, and his price increase relates to the % increase of the product.

Grahame Case
26-02-2009, 04:48 PM
This is NOT hype from Darren (DiscoWorld).

ADJs prices have risen, and his price increase relates to the % increase of the product.

and the ADJ prices are (allegedly) going up again am i right adam?

Adam_F
26-02-2009, 04:51 PM
and the ADJ prices are (allegedly) going up again am i right adam?

Yep, you are indeed right.

Bouncy Dancefloor
27-02-2009, 07:38 AM
AMDJ are now sold out, more stock in 2 weeks

Vectis
27-02-2009, 07:59 AM
AMDJ are now sold out, more stock in 2 weeks

Shame.

In which case can I shamelessly plug
http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18783
:o

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2009, 08:52 AM
Mine has just arrived so I have a few hours today to have a look through it and try and get something sorted for tonight and tomorrow to test it out.

Grahame Case
27-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Mine has just arrived so I have a few hours today to have a look through it and try and get something sorted for tonight and tomorrow to test it out.

i had a nice play with it last night, with my mega bar LEDs - will be adding in my current scanners next :)

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Help!!

I can't seem to find the LEDJ Colourbursts in the list. I have had a look around the 'varied' folder and 'generic' folder for Par 36 but they don't seem to work. I saw someone (Daryll maybe?) mention that he uses a colourburst so if someone could point me in the right direction then that would be cool.#

Tried out 4 Acme Dynamos and they worked well. Haven't had time to make scenes or anything but would really like to get these Colourbursts sorted as the main reason I got this unit was for when I do band lighting.

Any help would be great.

Grahame Case
27-02-2009, 03:00 PM
Help!!

I can't seem to find the LEDJ Colourbursts in the list. I have had a look around the 'varied' folder and 'generic' folder for Par 36 but they don't seem to work. I saw someone (Daryll maybe?) mention that he uses a colourburst so if someone could point me in the right direction then that would be cool.#

Tried out 4 Acme Dynamos and they worked well. Haven't had time to make scenes or anything but would really like to get these Colourbursts sorted as the main reason I got this unit was for when I do band lighting.

Any help would be great.

Gary - not sure if they come preloaded - but you can quickly add your own fixtures onto mydmx :

: http://forums.americandj.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4521078525/m/4391059535

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2009, 03:11 PM
Thanks for that but how do you get into the section to be able to add the fixture?

Jiggles
27-02-2009, 03:33 PM
I think i made a fixture for one of them. Have a seach on the site for it.

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2009, 03:37 PM
I found your fixture mate and loaded it up but it didn't seem to work?
Maybe I am doing something really obvious that is wrong?
I tested one unit at first and set the dip switches as it said but it didn't have any effect. It must work because, as I said...someone claims to have used them with the program?

Jiggles
27-02-2009, 03:40 PM
I'll have a look at it.

Well it seems to be working here. Have you added it to the Fixture libary manualy.

Grahame Case
27-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Gary i think it is in

- start menu - Programs - Mydmx - Scanlibrary editor i think

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2009, 04:06 PM
Found that thanks, I just have not got a scooby what to do!

Jiggles
27-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Just ask on the ADJ forum. Jingles would make you one so long as you send him the PDF of the manual.

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm watching the video again now and trying to sort it. Thanks guys.

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2009, 04:18 PM
Nope, still no joy. The silliest little things like this REALLY get to me.
Right, I am going to have to step away from this for today as I am slowly losing it. I am doing everything it tells me so all I can assume is that I am missing something obvious.

When I put the dip switches on the back of the unit as it tells me to, all they do is go blank. I have tried CB's .ssl in it and no joy. I have made one myself and manually imported it and no joy. Before I go absolutely mental, I think it's best to just leave it. I have a long night ahead and a long day tomorrow and lack of sleep last night isn't helping me at all.

If you have a moment to do an idiots guide especially for me then that would be cool. I've tried with one unit on it's own and then 2 linked and then 4 linked togeather. Ideally I want to use this with the 8 units.

Thanks again for the help.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Let me know when you have sussed it out Gary, then you can pop over to me and explain how it all works. :thumbsup:

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2009, 04:49 PM
Arrgghhhhhhh!!!!!

Grahame Case
27-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Arrgghhhhhhh!!!!!

Gary, would you like to phone a friend?

i'll be around this evening after i've done a load in for this weekends wedding fair.

and i'll be in all day tomorrow to answer any questions

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-02-2009, 04:52 PM
Let me know when you have sussed it out Gary, then you can pop over to me and explain how it all works. :thumbsup:

Arrgghhhhhhh!!!!!

It was only a suggestion....:(

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the offer mate. I am going to be flat out all weekend so it may have to wait but if the offer is still there come sunday or monday then that would be great.

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-02-2009, 04:57 PM
:( :(

Jiggles
27-02-2009, 05:00 PM
Ok Gary, Can i ask that all three LEDs are on, on the unit?

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2009, 05:03 PM
Not sure what you mean there mate? The power is on, on both units.
It tells me to put dipswitch 1 on and the rest down on unit one and then 1 and 3 on and the rest down on unit 2. When I do this, the lights are off.

Jiggles
27-02-2009, 05:05 PM
Sorry i meant the MyDMX box :o

Shakermaker Promotions
27-02-2009, 05:06 PM
I've turned it all off now but yes, they were all on.

Jiggles
27-02-2009, 05:10 PM
ok that rules that out. Best thing to do is to ask on the ADJ forums MyDMX section. A guy called Jingles will make you a .ssl file for free. Just post him a link to the user manual.

Woodyo
27-02-2009, 07:56 PM
Does this software and dongle allow your scenes to run sound to light ?

Grahame Case
27-02-2009, 08:14 PM

not at present Woodyo,

but you never know what is around the corner!

DJ James Lake
28-02-2009, 10:39 PM

How on earth can ADJ make dmx software that doesnt run sound to light? Whats the point?

I am so glad I went with Chauvets ShowXpress

Shakermaker Promotions
05-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Right guys, I have had 'Jingles' from the MyDMX forum try to help me today for quite a while. He also sent me the .ssl file and sent me an excellent email of how to get this sorted....but no joy!

It's doing my head in so I may take it back to the shop. I installed it on both laptops just incase one wasn't compatible but the same problem. It's wierd though as the software read the Dynamos when I tested them and also the Mystics but for some reason it isn't working with the LEDJ Colourbursts which was the main reason I purchased it in the first place.

I looked in the manual and it said that the USB device (The Dongle) should have 3 lights on it...Red (power), Yellow and Green. I have 2 green lights flashing quickly (USB and DMX). I changed the DMX cable too and still no joy.

To confirm again...The dipswitch display on the software screen for one colourburst tells you to have (1) Up and (2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) Down. When I do this the colourburst does not do anything so just incase I got it wrong, I tried it the opposite and all that does is put the colourburst on permanent red. Using the sliders on the software screen makes no difference at all.

I am totally lost with this. Surely I can't be that unlucky and have a faulty unit?

Tom
05-03-2009, 09:49 PM
I don't know if you have tryed this.

When you plugged in the usb device for the first time, did windows ask to install some new drivers??? If not then you will need to do this before you can use the device.

I think that should be your first call.

Jiggles
05-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Jingle's as you should know its a developer and technical help for MyDMX. He should be able to help you to get it to work. Its a shame i don't have one to test.

Shakermaker Promotions
05-03-2009, 10:42 PM
Tom, I've installed and uninstalled a number of times now.
I've just read the manual again and right at the bottom of the very last page title 'Troubleshooting' it says the following:

"Please try testing on a different PC before contacting your retailer for an exchange" (I did this and no difference).

"Typically, you should only ask for an exchange if No LED's turn on, even when you have moved the power switch on the interface" (Firstly, which power switch? All I can see is a slot that says 'lock')..."Only the yellow LED turns on" (There is no yellow LED, just a red and two flashing greens)..."The drivers seem to be installed correctly, but the interface/software doesn't work, and the Device Manager name for the USB device is 'SUIDI-OUT' instead of 'Intelligent USB DMX Interface'. (In my Device Manager list, the USB is named as 'Intelligent USB DMX Interface (low cost U6)' and on the bottom of the actual MYDMX software screen it reads 'USB Mode 1: SIUDI 6C Ver:2.00 S/N 61877600'.

Something is definitely wrong here as even I aint that stupid.....am I?
I will post this on the MYDMX forum too to see if it rings any bells.

Jiggles
05-03-2009, 10:49 PM
Sounds right, Could it be that the XLR pins are not standard? Ie pin 1 is pin 2 and pin 2 is pin 1?

Shakermaker Promotions
05-03-2009, 10:55 PM
Not sure mate. As I said, it seemed to connect with the Dynamos and also the Mystics when I tested them but it just isn't seeing the colourbursts? I used the DMX leads that I got with the colourbursts and then the ones I got with the Dynamos and finally the ones I got with the Mystics and none of them make any difference.

I apologise for this being all very long-winded but I really don't want to take this back as I think it's potentially a great tool.

Jiggles
05-03-2009, 11:03 PM
I cant really help anymore as im out of ideas if i had a colour burst then i could but sadly no. Its weird as i cant see how its not working with them but works fine with the Dynas

Tom
06-03-2009, 01:00 AM
Ahh, ok so it does work. I think I have miss read your posts then. :o

Just want to ask a few more questions. Are the dip switches all setup on the lights and on the software also???

I know in daslight, which is quite the same as mydmx, you can add lights which then put them in order on a 512 dmx chart. You can then move them and give them any start number.

You say the dynamos and the mystics both work. I take it you have tryed the colour burst on its own and not in a chain of lights?

Shakermaker Promotions
06-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Yes, I have tried that too mate.
I have now boxed it up and am taking it back this morning which is gutting.

Tom
06-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Yes, I have tried that too mate.
I have now boxed it up and am taking it back this morning which is gutting.

Ahh, well I have no idea what it could be. :(.

Hope you get it sorted. Have you thought about taking your laptop with you aswell so the shop owner could have a look? Might be worth a try.

Shakermaker Promotions
06-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Just got back and decided to try another copy as he had one left. I will let you know how I get on later (if I don't lose it).

Tom
07-03-2009, 01:15 PM
Did you manage to get it sorted out, Gary?

Shakermaker Promotions
07-03-2009, 02:02 PM
This will make you laugh...This is a long reply as I hope it helps someone else that may have problems.

So for future reference.

Jingles at the ADJ MYDMX forum is the man to know ok...
Now, the other day he sent me a new .ssl file to add to the fixtures list. I added it and nothing worked. That's when I decided that enough was enough and if even he couldn't get it working then it was either my lack of knowledge, stupidity..whatever, I just thought that the unit may be faulty.

I went back to Reading yesterday and explained the problems that I was having. I went with the intention of just getting a refund but in the end decided that I like the product so I exchanged it for another copy. I got home, un-installed everything and then re-installed the new lot and guess what....the bloody thing was exactly the same!! It was even worse second time round because everytime I opened up the program, it went into Demo mode as it wasn't reading the USB dongle. After a bit of mucking about in System Management and Device Manager and then a re-boot it started to work but still couldn't see the flippin' Colourbursts.

I then decided to test the Mystics and they worked perfectly, as did the Dynamos and even the LittleLED's and a few other lights I tested. I called the shop again in Reading and told my mate the problem and he said that first thing this morning he would test the unit on his laptop with a Colourburst, he couldn't do it yesterday as the USB ports on his shop pc are knackered.

This morning I received a call from him and he said it was working perfectly with one of the units. He also said that in the shop at the time, quite by chance, was a guy that was using Colourbursts with MYDMX with no problems so he put him on the phone.

Check this out...

He said that the manual sends you up the wrong street for starters, telling you to do stuff that you don't need to. He also said that the Dip Switch settings that the screen shows when you click on the unit in the fixture list is totally wrong and also upside down....(I kind of worked that one out myself when I was trying loads of different ways of getting it to work), but he also said that in order for the Colourbursts to work with MYDMX, the Dip Switch settings should be as follows:

Unit 1 should have Dip Switch 1 and 10 ON with the rest down. (MYDMX tells you that Unit 1 should have Dip Switch 1 down and the rest on judging by the example on the screen which is obviously wrong).

If you use 2 Units then it should be - Unit 1 (1, 10 ON) and Unit 2 (1,3,10 ON)

As I said, the .ssl file that Jingles from the forum sent me, didn't work. Looking at it now I can kind of see why because the guy at Total Sounds in Reading sent me a .ssl file too and having looked at the two togeather...well, Jingles from MYDMX had the Dimmer/Strobe etc on Ch1 and then Red Ch2, Green Ch3 and Blue Ch4. The new .ssl file I have puts them as Red Ch1, Green Ch2, Blue Ch3 and Dimmer/Strobe Ch4 and it works perfectly.

How can it be that the guys that developed the software and know it inside out etc aren't 'on the ball' with this? I have had multiple email conversations with the guys on the MYDMX forum and all of them more or less gave up as they thought they had gone over every possible explanation and possible solution. There is no mention anywhere and no'one said anything about Ch 10 having to be on too. Now, that may sound bloody obvious to those out there that know about DMXing etc but I am a total newbie when it comes to it. I purchased the MYDMX because it looked so easy to use and I guess from now on, it will be BUT come on....If the people on the forums give up because, probably in reality they get fed up trying to help when they THINK they have been over everything...then it can potentially put you off big time.

I have been lucky today because a very helpful guy has helped me out and I am now happy that I can move on when I get time and really get to work on this. I currently have 8 Colourburst units DMX'd up and all is well.

I hope this helps for future reference and I will be posting on the MYDMX forum about this too.

Tom
07-03-2009, 03:43 PM
Haha :Laugh:

I'm glad you got it sorted now.

Time for a :beer1: lol

Shakermaker Promotions
07-03-2009, 03:49 PM
I'll have a beer or two tomorrow for my...ahem...cough...birthday.

I've just been advised aswell that I should have read the LEDJ Colourburst manual aswell because it states in there that Dip Switch 10 should be ON aswell.

Arrghh