PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Mixing Software

djdesi
04-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi fellow Dj'S,

Using virtual dj at the moment, but automix is very poor, cuts the tracks up and mixes badly.

Any software i can use in conjuction with virtual dj or should get shot of this and by another all in one package?

Cheers all!

DazzyD
04-03-2009, 07:39 PM
I've never had a problem with VDJ although I do know what you mean about the automix feature. I do all my mixing manually so I avoid this problem.

Tracktor has a very good automix facility though. As does BPM from Alcatech. I would recommend these to anyone.

Jay
04-03-2009, 08:10 PM
Proper DJ's don't use automix:D:sofa:

Dynamic Entertainment
04-03-2009, 10:08 PM
:agree: and anyway, you will never get a brilliant mix with an automix feature as it (usually) only takes the bass beat into consideration, so you end up with dodgy overlays on the other parts. :)

Mark Wild
05-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Automix? What do you do all night? lol

Totally Plucked
05-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Ots or Sam Broadcaster

Tom
05-03-2009, 10:38 AM
Automix? What do you do all night? lol

Watch the crowd and add a few songs in to the playlist. Easy. Anyone can do that. :bang:

Cd all the way.:D lol

cfmcconville
05-03-2009, 03:08 PM
mixmeiser fusion is for you perfect automix witch you can tweak if you so please

Penfold42
05-03-2009, 07:27 PM
mixmeiser fusion is for you perfect automix witch you can tweak if you so please

Hello.....please take 5 minutes to read this.....

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11711

Thank you.

Tony Scott
05-03-2009, 09:59 PM
AUTOMIX!?!?! :mad: :mad: :mad: :bang: :bang:.......don't know you are born! Try mixing vinyl (pre-technics) with a pair of Garrard SP25MK2 decks with no pitch control....slowing the platter up or down by holding your finger against it or gently nudging it along....that's real mixing BWOY!!! ;) :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-03-2009, 10:17 PM
Try mixing vinyl (pre-technics) with a pair of Garrard SP25MK2 decks with no pitch control....slowing the platter up or down by holding your finger against it or gently nudging it along....that's real mixing BWOY!!! ;) :D

Haha!

I've been there. Trying to mix with belt drive turntables is most interesting.

djdesi
30-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Totally agree with you, got my own technics 1210's with vestex mixer. Trouble is i got dj's who do entertainment aswell (kids!) and requesting a little more help (being solo). I have already done cd mixes to aid them, so they can carry out with the fun and games!

Keep Vinyl alive!

Djay

Mark Wild
30-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Keep Vinyl alive!

:lol:

djdesi
30-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Ok!

Keep it real! Do live mixes, watch the crowd and some crowd participation

Keep Vinyl Alive!:thumbsup:

JAMdisco
03-04-2009, 08:02 AM
I use Virtual DJ and only use the automix function for the background music. It's usually very low volume so it works ok for me. I wouldn't dream of using it during the actual disco.

Speaking of mixing, I have my step-daughters 21st tonight and there will be a few of her 'hardcore vinyl' DJ friends there.

They're real nice people who I get on with and they don't expect me to beat-mix or anything but one of them has just burned me a few D&B songs in BPM order and gave me a few tips on beat mixing.

Should be interesting. :eek: :D

jamesh
03-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Hi fellow Dj'S,

Using virtual dj at the moment, but automix is very poor, cuts the tracks up and mixes badly.

Any software i can use in conjuction with virtual dj or should get shot of this and by another all in one package?

Cheers all!

You need to change the fade time on the automix then.... You'll probably find it's set to fade (remove intro/outro)... I've never had a problem with the automix on background music i just have it set to fade (remove silence) and it's perfect for mixing background music as it will play track after track without any gaps but still sound nice and not remove any of the track.

I use Virtual DJ and only use the automix function for the background music....... I wouldn't dream of using it during the actual disco.

Yep likewise