PDA

View Full Version : SEDA ShowNight and AGM Sunday 15th March 2009

Paul Forsyth
09-03-2009, 11:06 AM
6 days to The SEDA AGM!!

SEDA ShowNight 15th March is gonna be MAHOOSIVE!!!

SEDA ShowNights are Bi-Monthly physical meetings primarily for members but also open to visitors (at no charge), offering the opportunity to see new kit, meet and network with colleagues, suppliers and other related businesses and individuals and also generally discuss our industry.

All are very welcome, so if you've ever wondered what goes on please feel free to come along. Also if you came along a few years ago and weren't too keen, come and see us again, things change.

Ok, so what have we got going on?????

Feast your eyes on this.........................

SEDA – AGM
(Don’t panic this is usually very efficient and designed not to send anyone to sleep!)

Manufacturers
Denon (waiting on Gary to confirm appearance of the new toys)
Bose
Mobile-Tech
GloSticks UK
DJ Deckstand Booth

SEDA Charity
RNID - Cheque presentation

Retailer
Entertainment House

Special Feature
SEDA Member Jonathan Dobson demo’s “Ableton Live!” for DJs

Regular Features
Member Show - Ben Bowden - Allstars Disco
SEDAshop
Nelly B's - Promo Corner
Second Hand Table

and of course the infamous - SEDA Raffle!!!

Unfortunately Mark Buss from Martin Lighting cannot attend.

Please come along if you can, and remember to bring some business cards as the ShowNights are excellent networking opportunities.

Thanks for reading and hope to see you there,

Paul Forsyth
SEDA - Vice Chairman / Events

Details of the ShowNight

Date Sunday 18th January 2009

Times Doors open 19.30
Finish 22.30 - 23.00

Venue The Village Hotel
Castle View, Forstal Road, Sandling, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 3AQ. Just off the M20 J6.
DO NOT USE THE ABOVE POSTCODE FOR SAT NAV - IT WILL TAKE YOU MILES AWAY!!!

Satellite Navigation:
For programming satellite navigations systems please use postcode ME14 3AS.

I think that covers most of it.

If there's anything else you need to know, please give me a shout.

R.O.A.R.

Unfortunately we do (very rarely) get serial visitors who claim they see no value in joining but would like to attend the ShowNights. We feel that the ShowNights are one of our members favourite benefits and therefore as a general rule would expect someone that wanted to attend on a regular basis to join the association.(As a guide we would not expect a visitor to attend more than 2 ShowNights)

Solitaire Events Ltd
09-03-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm going. Anyone else?

Adam_F
09-03-2009, 11:51 AM
I'm going. Anyone else?

Yes, I'll be there!

jamesh
09-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Yep i'm there with the deckstand booth in all it's glory :D

Daryll
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I will be present and correct ( ish)

Daryll

Tom
10-03-2009, 12:49 AM
I will be there. :)

Paul Forsyth
11-03-2009, 10:48 AM
More ShowNight Details!!

First UK Outing For New Denon Product

It has been confirmed that the DNS 3700 and the DNX 1100 will be making their first UK appearances at SEDA ShowNight this Sunday 15th March 2009!

Gary Job has also promised some “hot news” on “special pricing” from Denon!!!!

Adam_F
11-03-2009, 12:39 PM
I should also have the first UK outing of the Pioneer Pro 770 FLT (http://hotdjgear.com/dj-blog/2009/02/24/pro770-flt-for-pioneers-mep-7000/) flightcase there too!

Paul Forsyth
12-03-2009, 10:47 AM
Our featured retailer, Clive from CRS1, has promised a very special SEDA ShowNight deal on the brand spanking new Denon DNS 3700 which will "be better than any online price!!!"

Look forward to seeing you there on Sunday!!

DJmissbehaving
12-03-2009, 04:30 PM
Sounds good but i wouldn't have a clue how to get there....am murder with directions. Am off on sunday aswell.....hmmmmm. SOme tom tom and i will be sorted

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Sounds good but i wouldn't have a clue how to get there....am murder with directions. Am off on sunday aswell.....hmmmmm. SOme tom tom and i will be sorted

As much as I moan at people for not going to shows, I wouldn't blame for not going to this one - it is a tad out of your way! :eek:

To: Maidstone, Kent
Distance: 457.5 miles (show in km)
Time: 7 hr 38 min

discomobiledj
12-03-2009, 05:08 PM
I would have been there but I'm whisking my better half away for the weekend for her Birthday.

jamesh
15-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Well im almost ready to set off... Really should be a good night. Just a short journey down the motorway and we will arrive! :P :D

Will have the deckstand booth on display along with the new Pioneer Pro 770 FLT flightcase and of course it will be the last chance to order the Deckstand booth at it's launch special price....

SO see you all there :D

DJmissbehaving
16-03-2009, 07:45 PM
As much as I moan at people for not going to shows, I wouldn't blame for not going to this one - it is a tad out of your way! :eek:

To: Maidstone, Kent
Distance: 457.5 miles (show in km)
Time: 7 hr 38 min

Yip it is a bit.....plus i was sick as a dog yesterday there was no way i was fit for anything....RUBBISH!!!!!!!!!!!

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-03-2009, 07:48 PM
You did miss a good show though!

Hope you feel better.

Adam_F
16-03-2009, 08:25 PM

Hope you feel better.

You did.

It was a great show, and for my first visit was very impressed of how it went, and the turnout!

Even caught Darren getting to grips with my gig box :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-03-2009, 09:05 PM
Yep, lovely bit of kit, but try lifting it!

I think the phrase was

It's a 2 man lift before any gear is in it

:omg:

Adam_F
16-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Yep, lovely bit of kit, but try lifting it!

I think the phrase was

:omg:

Yep, think that's what I said, word for word! :eek:

Tom
16-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Very nice looking playout system I have to admit. It did look a beast on sunday night. lol.

I guess that shows that the DSB is up to the challenge of carrying the top weight. lol.

DJmissbehaving
16-03-2009, 09:28 PM

Hope you feel better.

I dont think i will be hitting the double vodkas at the rate i did....SILLY SILLY!!!!!!! Gutted i missed it but it would have been a long journey....

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-03-2009, 09:30 PM
I dont think i will be hitting the double vodkas at the rate i did....SILLY SILLY!!!!!!! Gutted i missed it but it would have been a long journey....

I priced up a flight to Scotland recently and including parking Hotel and flight, it came in at under £100! Worth thinking about for one of the bigger shows.

Danno13
16-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I priced up a flight to Scotland recently and including parking Hotel and flight, it came in at under £100! Worth thinking about for one of the bigger shows.

And along with £50-60 or so for "evening refreshments", it's entirley tax deductable :D

Adam_F
16-03-2009, 09:32 PM
I guess that shows that the DSB is up to the challenge of carrying the top weight. lol.

It does! That was our reasoning about using it, so it looked like a typical working DJs work area for the night!

That case is HEAVY, and so is the 00DJ, so when Ian Forrest then did the "drunken punter" crashing into it, the Deckstand Booth took the full force, and nothing moved (thank God as me & James wouldn't be able to gig this week with smashed equipment if it collapsed LoL).

Tom
16-03-2009, 10:50 PM
It does! That was our reasoning about using it, so it looked like a typical working DJs work area for the night!

That case is HEAVY, and so is the 00DJ, so when Ian Forrest then did the "drunken punter" crashing into it, the Deckstand Booth took the full force, and nothing moved (thank God as me & James wouldn't be able to gig this week with smashed equipment if it collapsed LoL).

:lol:

Good to see it can take the force :sofa: lol. (no offence to Ian if he reads this)

It does look like a very strong and well constructed frame, just too big for my to take in my car at the end of the day. :o

If I had a van then I would think about getting one. :)

Adam_F
16-03-2009, 11:44 PM
:lol:

Good to see it can take the force :sofa: lol. (no offence to Ian if he reads this)

It does look like a very strong and well constructed frame, just too big for my to take in my car at the end of the day. :o

If I had a van then I would think about getting one. :)

Wait for the launch of the smaller version ;)

Should have the prototype with us at the NADJ AGM

Tom
17-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Wait for the launch of the smaller version ;)

Should have the prototype with us at the NADJ AGM

If I can get my cd coffin on there then I shall be taking a good look. :D

Adam_F
17-03-2009, 10:23 AM
If I can get my cd coffin on there then I shall be taking a good look. :D

You'll be walking on by then :p

It's going to be a 2ft (ish) version for small discreet set-ups.

Surely your CD coffin won't be much smaller than the shelves on the Deckstand Booth? My turntable coffin case sits neatly on it, so your CD one can't be far off?

Tom
17-03-2009, 01:26 PM
You'll be walking on by then :p

It's going to be a 2ft (ish) version for small discreet set-ups.

Surely your CD coffin won't be much smaller than the shelves on the Deck stand Booth? My turntable coffin case sits neatly on it, so your CD one can't be far off?

Grrr. Lol.

I can fit my coffin case on my current stand. When I was looking at the pictures of the DSB, the side parts fold in to the main section. The front part is the bit which is too big. If there was a cut that in half but would fixed back together with bolts or what ever then it would be better suited to more people I think.

Well people who use cars, which I think is a lot.

Not everyone has the luxury of having a van just for djing if you do this part time, or even full time. Lol.

Solitaire Events Ltd
17-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Not everyone has the luxury of having a van just for djing if you do this part time, or even full time. Lol.

Yes, but you did have a choice, so it's hardly a luxury.

Adam_F
17-03-2009, 01:36 PM

I don't use a van either, so I only use an Ultimax stand, unless James & myself join forces for gigs.

Mind you, with the size of that Pioneer flightcase, I'm looking at van prices at the moment LoL

Tom
17-03-2009, 06:00 PM
Yes, but you did have a choice, so it's hardly a luxury.

Yes and no. :o

I needed a 5 seater car, for day to day use, but also needed something bigger than my old car.

I had a look at insurance for vans and they wanted thousands from me, which I don't have. I had a look at insurance for a focus with business use and its a very good price I can afford.

Mind you, now I have a few years ncb, I will be looking at getting a small van so I can keep the car for personal and use the van for business use only.

Just need to check the insurance really. :(

I don't use a van either, so I only use an Ultimax stand, unless James & myself join forces for gigs.

Mind you, with the size of that Pioneer flightcase, I'm looking at van prices at the moment LoL

To be honest, I thought you used a van. lol. :o

It's just after seeing all the promo shots and all that of your rig with the new DSB, I would asume that you had a van to move you gear about.

Guess I was wrong. :(:D

Adam_F
20-03-2009, 11:58 AM
For anyone that missed the show, photos have now been uploaded

http://seda-online.com/gallery/?album=ShowNight150309

DeckstarDeluxe
20-03-2009, 09:14 PM
denon 3700 looks awesome but also looks like its trying to be the cdj1000?

The mixer however looks horrid!