PDA

View Full Version : Ultimax stand

Sapphire Disco
11-03-2009, 08:54 AM
Thinking of getting an Ultimax stand and just have few questions.

Will my star cloth that I currently use on my 4ft giraffe stand fit OK

Is it better to buy the 1.2 meter version or would I be better off with a wider one.
Is it worth paying the extra for the winch & wheels model.

Also any other advice on them would be appreciated ie best price etc.

Thank you in anticipation.

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-03-2009, 09:02 AM
I can get you a price Paul.

The winch and wheels stand is good if you regularly wait outside venues - you can be getting on with setting up and then just wheel it in. The winch pods are great, especially when you are short like me. I also have tripod legs which I can add on to the winch pods to make separate tripods.

The starcloth will fit round the winch and wheels stand, but you have to stretch it and it won't reach the floor. It should fit fine around the 1.2m stands - that's what most of my guys use.

If you want to see the Ultimax in action, give me a bell and pop up and see me.

Sapphire Disco
11-03-2009, 10:02 AM
OK thanks Darren

I did come with you once when you had the Ultimax but I can't really remember how it went together & if it's going to fit in my estate car.
I think the best thing might be if I come out with you again in the next few weeks and have a good look.
Let me know when you are doing a nice wedding or something & need a hand.

Cheers

Solitaire Events Ltd
11-03-2009, 10:46 AM
OK thanks Darren

I did come with you once when you had the Ultimax but I can't really remember how it went together & if it's going to fit in my estate car.
I think the best thing might be if I come out with you again in the next few weeks and have a good look.
Let me know when you are doing a nice wedding or something & need a hand.

Cheers

You could even pop up and see me if you like Paul - it is already assembled. :)

Spirits High
11-03-2009, 04:44 PM
I can get you a price Paul.

I also have tripod legs which I can add on to the winch pods to make separate tripods.

Apologies for hijacking the thread but Daz have you got a link to the tripod legs?

Sapphire Disco
11-03-2009, 08:15 PM
You could even pop up and see me if you like Paul - it is already assembled. :)

Yes I will pop over some time, I've got a certain little lady wants to see you again , she's was rather taken by you or I think it may have been your son.

Wouldn't mind doing one of those retro nights with you if you are still doing them, I could wear my normal clothes.

Solitaire Events Ltd
12-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Apologies for hijacking the thread but Daz have you got a link to the tripod legs?

Ring Ultimax direct Paul as they don't have them on general sale. They are £70-£80 each though. :eek:

Yes I will pop over some time, I've got a certain little lady wants to see you again , she's was rather taken by you or I think it may have been your son.

No, it would have been me. All the ladies love me...;) :D You're always welcome.

Wouldn't mind doing one of those retro nights with you if you are still doing them, I could wear my normal clothes.

:lol:

Spirits High
12-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Ring Ultimax direct Paul as they don't have them on general sale. They are £70-£80 each though. :eek:

Cheers for that Daz, I didn't think they'd be cheap ;)