PDA

View Full Version : Help

harddrive
14-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Hi chaps. Newby here from a 'band' setup, but you guys know all about DMX lighting. I'm a MIDI programmer, myself!

Anyway, my mate and I are moving into the realm of DMX sytems to pep up our show somewhat. I have a full MIDI and Audio rig running Cakewalk Sonar Producer 8 to drive the music and effects. We have recently acquired six Abstract Futurescan 2-250s, four of which will be mounted on a rear gantry, two, possibly floor mounted. I also have bought a ADJ X-Move Laser 30 and four X-Move LEDs. I have a JMS USB2DMX dongle and Freestyler with Magic 3D.

Now, here are the snags, and I'd be eternally grateful if anyone has any solutions to this.

1. In Freestyler, when I am programming sequences I press the '+' button and instead of the matrix grid filling with the 0-255 data, it turns green on the channels and there are just zeroes. Consequently all sequences reset the fixture. There must be something I haven't seen yet to allow Freestyler to copy the new settings into the sequence.

2. In Magic View, I select the light in the show and up pops the colour/gobo/pan/tilt stuff. yet they are all 'wrong' in that pan is colour, tilt is gobo, and so on.

3. Does anyone know where there is a bona fide X-Move Laser 300 fixture file?

Thats all for now. Tahnks in advance.

harddrive

Jiggles
14-03-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi there, Can you please take a look at this: http://mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11711

Thanks. :)