PDA

View Full Version : What do people use to list there karaoke books

Rowleys
14-03-2009, 09:27 PM
Hi,

i use a software call Karaoke List Creator and use the printing on that software

but where do you put you sheets in ..

i see someone do the same but they had a booklet made
where would i get something like that done

501damian501
14-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Hi,

i use a software call Karaoke List Creator and use the printing on that software

get intouch with a local printing firm am sure they would help to make you some sort of booklet ;)

one of my local bars has the booklet and the entertainment machine, but the company which provides the all in one entertainment machine updates the booklet each month, and they buy them in aswell, but ive forgot what the machine is called...

http://www.vistaprint.co.uk/design-services.aspx?xnav=top

i dont know if the link is much help, but send them an email to see if they can help on a booklet...

Dynamic Entertainment
14-03-2009, 11:07 PM
get intouch with a local printing firm am sure they would help to make you some sort of booklet ;)

Of you go down the route of getting a printer in, go down the route of laminated sheets (for drink spillage) and get the book binded. If you get fixed bound (staples, glue spine etc) then the book will be out of date quick and expensive to uopdate. Binded means you can add extra pages easily :)

501damian501
14-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Of you go down the route of getting a printer in, go down the route of laminated sheets (for drink spillage) and get the book binded. If you get fixed bound (staples, glue spine etc) then the book will be out of date quick and expensive to uopdate. Binded means you can add extra pages easily :)

you can add extra, but it would be a mess, i would just reprint each month...

Dynamic Entertainment
14-03-2009, 11:25 PM
How? We use spiral binds in most of our documentation at work. All you do is open up the bind and add/remove pages as necessary. If the formatting is the same on each page then no one is any wiser :)

501damian501
14-03-2009, 11:34 PM
How? We use spiral binds in most of our documentation at work. All you do is open up the bind and add/remove pages as necessary. If the formatting is the same on each page then no one is any wiser :)

how would you get the tracks in alphabetical order??? if your just adding new pages...

i suppose you could just reprint every year...

Dynamic Entertainment
14-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Do all the A's, then start the B's on a fresh page etc etc. That way you dont have to print any more than one than a few of the alphabet categories again. If you but one fresh disc a month, that no more than 15 new sets of letter categories to print (at a maximum, counting on there not being 2 artisst/song titles beginning with A for example)

501damian501
15-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Do all the A's, then start the B's on a fresh page etc etc. That way you dont have to print any more than one than a few of the alphabet categories again. If you but one fresh disc a month, that no more than 15 new sets of letter categories to print (at a maximum, counting on there not being 2 artisst/song titles beginning with A for example)

but as you add songs, the list gets bigger, so you will loose songs off the list.

Rowleys
15-03-2009, 06:05 AM
I would like printinged bookeds

but have no idea where to look :(

Mark Wild
15-03-2009, 07:48 AM
Just tell them you have everything apart from the ones you haven't got and to write it down, chances are you'll have it. Books get messy.

DazzyD
16-03-2009, 03:16 PM
I have a few books as a rough guide to what is available. I tell people that if they can't find a song to write it down anyway, or come and see me, as the up-to-date list is on a spreadsheet and I've got one master book - creeping up to 300 pages at the moment (and that's without duplicates) so it's much too expensive to reprint everytime I get a new CD+G. Reprints get done annually.

501damian501
16-03-2009, 04:22 PM
I have a few books as a rough guide to what is available. I tell people that if they can't find a song to write it down anyway, or come and see me, as the up-to-date list is on a spreadsheet and I've got one master book - creeping up to 300 pages at the moment (and that's without duplicates) so it's much too expensive to reprint everytime I get a new CD+G. Reprints get done annually.

and i bet in that list theirs dozens which doesnt get sung or maybe just once a year :eek: , get them off the list :D

DazzyD
16-03-2009, 11:44 PM
and i bet in that list theirs dozens which doesnt get sung or maybe just once a year :eek: , get them off the list :D

There's hundreds on the list that don't get sung. But we market ourselves as having a huge range to choose from including rare, hard-to-find tracks that no-one else has and the response from people when you have their special song that the last guy didn't have is really pleasing.

Besides, one day someone might just ask for it and I'd rather have the tracks then disappoint the punter.

That's the way I work, anyway!

womble
25-03-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi,

We use KJams for karaoke, we rip our cd-g's directly to KJams which does everything for us after that, including the ability to cut and paste our song list directly into excel to make our books however we want.

DazzyD
29-03-2009, 11:17 AM
We use KJams for karaoke, we rip our cd-g's directly to KJams which does everything for us after that, including the ability to cut and paste our song list directly into excel to make our books however we want.

Do KJams do a PC version now or are you using a Mac?

kjdiscos
29-03-2009, 06:24 PM
I use tricerasoft song book, The best one i found if you have ripped to cdg on pc, As it scans the actual files :)

And allows u to print by date, So you can have a new additions page towards end of book, Then do an annual reprint