PDA

View Full Version : Mono sound

Candybeatdiscos
19-03-2009, 10:09 AM
Hey guys,

When i use my CD Mixer, and amp, along with PC/Laptop connected into channel 1, the sound comes out of only one side, equiliser bar shows only one channel being used, yet if i use the same pc/laptop and someone else's CD Mixer and amp it comes out of both sides and two channels are in use.

Now if i use CD's then there is no problem, only when i play via PC/Laptop - any idea's?

Kernow
22-03-2009, 01:54 PM
Hey guys,

When i use my CD Mixer, and amp, along with PC/Laptop connected into channel 1, the sound comes out of only one side, equiliser bar shows only one channel being used, yet if i use the same pc/laptop and someone else's CD Mixer and amp it comes out of both sides and two channels are in use.

Now if i use CD's then there is no problem, only when i play via PC/Laptop - any idea's?

Are you using the same cable when connecting your laptop to third party mixer & amp?

Just a suggestion but the CD Decks are usually RCA/RCA plugs and the laptop will be 3.5mm jack/RCA.

I would try a different cable, you may have a breakage or loose connection.

:)

discomobiledj
22-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Make sure the 3.5mm jack is in all the way. Done that so many times and had a panic up!

Candybeatdiscos
22-03-2009, 09:47 PM
i found out what it was :( amp was set to bridged rather than stereo :blush

SilverlineDiscos
22-03-2009, 09:49 PM
i found out what it was :( amp was set to bridged rather than stereo :blush
Don't worry about that. I've gone to use the microphone before and not had it turned one!! :p

We all made mistakes, and it's a good job you weren't at a gig when it went wrong :)

Jiggles
22-03-2009, 09:49 PM
woops :D

Tony Scott
22-03-2009, 09:58 PM
DOH!............... :D

rob1963
23-03-2009, 06:59 PM
I've noticed I only get mono sound at my quiz nights.....

.....Maybe it's something to do with the fact that I only use one speaker.

Excalibur
25-03-2009, 06:22 AM
Rob, your keyboard's faulty. You meant to type monotonous sound I think. :p