PDA

View Full Version : Denon DN-HC4500 Aaaaaaarrgghhh!!!!!

secretDISCO
24-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Ive just bought one these and had sOOOOOOOOOooooooo much trouble setting it up.
Firstly blue screen comes up on my laptop when i plug it in.
I was told to upgrade my asio drivers to V1005 but it comes up "file invalid" on my home computer.
I had initially half set-up but the laptop didnt recognise the module and its been a bit of a nightmare.
Ive been onto denons dj webpage but got nowhere really on there forum
Any ideas without me kicking up and down the living room????:bang: :bang:

Danno13
24-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Do you have all the latest updates for Windows? If I remember correctly, it needs to have at least SP2.

Tom
24-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Sorry if you have already tryed this but just wanted to check.

Have you downloaded this??? - http://www.denondj.com/DN-HC4500-P81.aspx

Also have you downloaded one of these what for what ever software you are using??? - http://www.denondj.com/DN-HC4500-P81.aspx

secretDISCO
25-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks Tom and Danno.....now fixed and up and running.
thank you for all your help guys.:D

Tom
25-03-2009, 10:53 PM
Glad you got it sorted. :)

secretDISCO
26-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Yeah Tom it was the Firmware.
And because it was older stock it had version 1002 drivers installed when it should have been 1005.
Although the new update is vista compatable you still had to download it across from XP.
All sorted now, and thanks again for the help.

DJMaxG
07-04-2009, 05:01 PM
Hi,
First of all, make sure you have the correct drivers for it. ASIO is a common one for MIDI devices.

Secondly, It will have to be compatible with the software you aim to control with it. It is definately compatible with Virtual DJ and PCDJ, I know for sure.

There are configuration settings that need to be adjusted aswell.

Unfortunately, I do not own one at the moment, so I'm afraid I can't help you more.

Solitaire Events Ltd
07-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Hi,
First of all, make sure you have the correct drivers for it. ASIO is a common one for MIDI devices.

Secondly, It will have to be compatible with the software you aim to control with it. It is definately compatible with Virtual DJ and PCDJ, I know for sure.

There are configuration settings that need to be adjusted aswell.

Unfortunately, I do not own one at the moment, so I'm afraid I can't help you more.

This and other threads have already been sorted. Please read them as your posts are becoming ever increasingly pointless and I will start to delete them.