PDA

View Full Version : Big Bass Cabs

womble
25-03-2009, 01:30 PM
In addition to this (http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=14275) topic, only Senior members (members with over 100 posts and 3 months membership) may offer items for sale in wanted ads placed by our members.

Just to clarify, you may not sell, or offer an item for sale in a 'wanted' topic if you have less than 100 posts and a minimum of 3 months membership on the forum.

Thank you.

Thanks,
Chris.

A1DL
25-03-2009, 06:09 PM
I never realised how poor the weight/efficiency ratio was on those things!
They don't play very loud for a box that weighs in just short of 50KGs... ouch:eek:

DeckstarDeluxe
25-03-2009, 07:05 PM
I never realised how poor the weight/efficiency ratio was on those things!
They don't play very loud for a box that weighs in just short of 50KGs... ouch:eek:

you mean you DONT use class d's? ;)

A1DL
25-03-2009, 07:19 PM
you mean you DONT use class d's? ;)

I have heard a lot of good things about them Neil, from guys on this forum, however that particular cab looks very inefficient. A lot of weight for not many decibels.

And no, I have never personally worked with Class D and not knowingly heard any of their boxes, so I can only comment on the spec "on paper".

Tony

Excalibur
25-03-2009, 07:46 PM
I have heard a lot of good things about them Neil, from guys on this forum, however that particular cab looks very inefficient. A lot of weight for not many decibels.

And no, I have never personally worked with Class D and not knowingly heard any of their boxes, so I can only comment on the spec "on paper".

Tony

Guilty as charged. ;) Tony, Class D always say that they don't hype their figures. It would be interesting to run them side by side with something efficient, from the same playout system, preferably with meters.
As an aside, I looked at my Eurosys 3's recently, and their figures are appalling. I'd always considered them as "loud" if you see what I mean. ;)