PDA

View Full Version : Help with Numark D2

djderek1971
28-03-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi folks

Couple of questions re my D2 Director. Firstly, my numark keyboard got damaged by a punter so I got a new USB illuminating keyboard to replace, hoping it would be easier to see in the darkness of my console. The keyboard works fine in my laptop (keys and light) however when I plug into my D2 the light initially flashes for a fraction of a second to confirm connection but after it goes out again, I cant get the light to come on although the keys seem to work fine. Since the light initially flashes on when I plug it in suggests to me that there is enough power on the usb port to illuminate it but the light wont come on after that initial half second or so when its connected.

Secondly, on occassion when using the D2 during a gig and searching through folders, the track that is playing occassionally hangs for a second or so. I have installed the latest firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

Vectis
28-03-2009, 01:06 PM
RE: Keyboard

Sounds like the keyboard is pulling more current than the onboard USB can provide. This may be down to the HDDs or storage devices plugged into the other port(s) but you'd be wise to find another way of powering the keyboard, perhaps by way of a powered USB hub.

RE: Pausing

Never experienced this in almost 2 years pounding the d2. I'd check that a) your drive is defragged properly and b) you don't keep masses of files in individual folders. Keep it to a couple of hundred or less. You may also benefit from a hard drive with a higher spin speed or a bigger cache. If your HDD is unpowered (ie draws from the d2 itself) then a powered drive might help.

djderek1971
29-03-2009, 12:34 PM
thanks vectis

Bought a powered Usb hub and tried it but still no light from the keyboard. Its a strange one!