PDA

View Full Version : What Centrepiece effect for £200???

Tony Scott
28-03-2009, 11:17 PM
I've got up to £200 to spend before April 4th and was thinking about getting a single centrepiece effect, any ideas?.....LED or Halogen/Discharge, I'm open to suggestions.

I've thought about a MiracLED(DMX controlled to make it a little less 'mad' early on in the night)....anything else I should look at. I have an ImpossibLED but it's too bulky to use as a centrelight IMHO which is why you can see it here being used behind as an uplighter.

Picture is of my typical set-up so something to compliment the lights I already have....cheers! :)

Dynamic Entertainment
28-03-2009, 11:21 PM
MiracLED would look good IMO. Looking at that piccy though....do you actually need a centrepiece? :)

Tony Scott
28-03-2009, 11:26 PM
MiracLED would look good IMO. Looking at that piccy though....do you actually need a centrepiece? :)

was just pondering that myself steve.....??

OllieJames
29-03-2009, 08:34 AM
I'm not sure you need a centrepiece!

The mirror balls fill the 'gaps' on the dancefloor nd i think with a centrepiece the truss will look too full. I like your setup the way it is :)

yourdj
29-03-2009, 08:49 AM
I'm not sure you need a centrepiece!

The mirror balls fill the 'gaps' on the dancefloor nd i think with a centrepiece the truss will look too full. I like your setup the way it is :)

:agree: nice as people can see you and feel like approaching you.

Solitaire Events Ltd
29-03-2009, 11:55 AM
A cluster laser wouldn't take up much space and would look great.

djsteve10
29-03-2009, 12:11 PM

I agree on that,

Or how about you loose the moonflowers, Bang them on ebay or something and put the money you get for them towards a Martin EFX500 or a EFX600

Tony Scott
29-03-2009, 02:17 PM

I hadn't considered a lazer but having read the positive comments about the Clusters posted in various threads this may well be the answer......they are tiny compared to some effects. :)

.....how about you loose the moonflowers, Bang them on ebay or something and put the money you get for them towards a Martin EFX500 or a EFX600

The EFX600's will have to wait a bit, I intend to get 2 at the end of the summer to replace the Datamoons, I think Martin stuff is the way forward TBH, really nice effects! :approve:

djsteve10
29-03-2009, 02:52 PM
2 EFX600's & 2 SCX600 scanners along with your movers and mirror balls would be a very good show.

Candybeatdiscos
29-03-2009, 07:16 PM
A LCD screen with a small camera located above it would look good video'ing the people on the dance floor, or advertsing the event (ir Congratulations to Tony & Scott on thier civil partnership etc lol)

Dynamic Entertainment
29-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Just to change subject Tony. Why do you have bass bins and have your tops on seperate stands? Its confusing me....... :)

DeckstarDeluxe
29-03-2009, 09:59 PM
i would have the mircaled but i would properly place it above the turss. In all fairness your not going to have all the lights on at the same time!

I would also say watermark that photo. Its a damm nice set up and that'll get used all over the place if your not careful!

I love my cluster laser and my local store has them for 180 so within your budget!

Tony Scott
30-03-2009, 10:29 AM
A LCD screen with a small camera located above it would look good video'ing the people on the dance floor, or advertsing the event (ir Congratulations to Tony & Scott on thier civil partnership etc lol)

Now that's got me thinking!

i would have the mircaled but i would properly place it above the turss. In all fairness your not going to have all the lights on at the same time!

I would also say watermark that photo. Its a damm nice set up and that'll get used all over the place if your not careful!

I love my cluster laser and my local store has them for 180 so within your
budget!

I keep looking at the miracled but have never seen one in the flesh, I think the lazer is looking most likely.

Most of my pictures have my web address sign in them so I feel reasonably confident that they are safe...tbh if someone used my pictures and they were not in my area I'd not really be that bothered.

Just to change subject Tony. Why do you have bass bins and have your tops on seperate stands? Its confusing me....... :)

Just not got around to putting top hats in these particular bins, they are quite often stacked like this so no need for poles:

OllieJames
30-03-2009, 03:18 PM
I was thinking about recommending the star cluster, but i think the dancefloor/room would look too busy with having the two mirror ball effects running at the same time...

DJMaxG
07-04-2009, 05:39 PM
Crikey! What a Fantastic Setup.

I would definately go for the Acme Miracled, It is LED, Great effect, and since your other lights are Halegon, might be nice for a change.

They retail at UNDER £200, I think about £150, maybe slightly more.