PDA

View Full Version : Microphone input question.

Excalibur
29-03-2009, 12:28 AM
As I've said, I'm uhappy about losing my third mic channel after swapping mixers. I've devised a workround, and need to know if it's a runner.
I'm moving the mixer connectors to the back of my case, and will have one spare XLR socket. Can I wire it in parallel with the one for the mic input, and run two Radio Mics effectively into one channel? :confused: Since each receiver has an output level control, I should be able to match them up fairly well. Will it work, or is it doomed to failure? :confused:
Thanks.

Penfold42
29-03-2009, 02:59 AM
I've got a "Skytec Mic Connecting Box" which allows me to use one mic socket and also run three further mics of it...bit like a junction box...i've run one cordless and one hand of this....I might be wrong but I can't see why you can't run 2 cordless off it.

BTW....I tried google but could not find it....:o

Vectis
29-03-2009, 07:59 AM
craplins L71AK

3 way mic mixer for under a tenner. If this exists then you must be able to source an xlr jobbie from somewhere.

Excalibur
29-03-2009, 08:03 AM
I've got a "Skytec Mic Connecting Box" which allows me to use one mic socket and also run three further mics of it...bit like a junction box...i've run one cordless and one hand of this....I might be wrong but I can't see why you can't run 2 cordless off it.

BTW....I tried google but could not find it....:o

craplins L71AK

3 way mic mixer for under a tenner. If this exists then you must be able to source an xlr jobbie from somewhere.

Thanks lads, that was in the back of my mind also. Vectis, connector type is the least important factor, apart from the obvious issue of balanced connections. :D

Tony Scott
29-03-2009, 08:16 AM
As you have seperate gains on the recievers you could try using a 1k 0.6watt resistor, wired in series on the HOT pin(2) of each mic output, should work.
These can be bought for around 20p each.......worth a try, you've only got 40p to loose. :)

Excalibur
29-03-2009, 08:20 AM
As you have seperate gains on the recievers you could try using a 1k 0.6watt resistor, wired in series on the HOT pin of each mic output, should work.
These can be bought for around 20p each.......worth a try, you've only got 40p to loose. :)

WHAT? :eek: A whole 40p? Whaddya think I am, made of money? :eek:

Tony Scott
29-03-2009, 08:30 AM
WHAT? :eek: A whole 40p? Whaddya think I am, made of money? :eek:

Lol....yeah should have thought about that, you being from yorkshire! :D :D

Corabar Steve
30-03-2009, 11:08 AM
I use one of these (http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg01371/lead-xlr-p-to-2x-xlr-skt-1-5m/dp/AV14539?in_merch=) to run both channels of my twin Shure radio mics into one channel on my DN-X500 with no issues.

DJMaxG
07-04-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi,
I advise you buy a dual radio mic kit.

Contains :
- UHF Receiver
- 2 X Microphones

The Kam system is good - Costs £120
Citronic System, Excellent - Costs £200

------------------------------------

Most systems allow you to connect either way. You can either have ONE XLR/Jack going in, or 2. Your Choice.

I know the Citronic has the option of using both, however the Kam, not sure.

You can use seperate systems, but much easier to use a dual one.

If you wire a port in Parralell, then the power will be shared out, sounds confusing, but technically speaking, each Mic will be half as loud as it normally would be.

Excalibur
07-04-2009, 12:02 PM
I use one of these (http://cpc.farnell.com/pro-signal/psg01371/lead-xlr-p-to-2x-xlr-skt-1-5m/dp/AV14539?in_merch=) to run both channels of my twin Shure radio mics into one channel on my DN-X500 with no issues.
Funny you should post that link Steve. Without having seen your post, guess what CPC sent me this morning? :confused: ;) ;) :D :D

Hi,

I advise you don't suggest to a man with more experience than you've had years on this planet to swap Shure equipment for KAM. ;)

Corabar Steve
08-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Hi,

Contains :
- UHF Receiver
- 2 X Microphones

The Kam system is good - Costs £120
Citronic System, Excellent - Costs £200

------------------------------------

Most systems allow you to connect either way. You can either have ONE XLR/Jack going in, or 2. Your Choice.

I know the Citronic has the option of using both, however the Kam, not sure.

You can use seperate systems, but much easier to use a dual one.

If you wire a port in Parralell, then the power will be shared out, sounds confusing, but technically speaking, each Mic will be half as loud as it normally would be.
Did you actually read the question or were you too busy upping your post count.

Big Brother is watching you.