PDA

View Full Version : Karaoke - Lights or Not ?

kjdiscos
31-03-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey All,

So with karaoke being my main earner at the minute, And just securing a regular weekly booking,

Sunday afternoons, To light or not to light,

I have 2 griven scanner type effects about 1kw so super bright even in daylight,

So do you think i should use them ? or not ?

And would you use them or not :P ?

Solitaire Events Ltd
31-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey All,

So with karaoke being my main earner at the minute, And just securing a regular weekly booking,

Sunday afternoons, To light or not to light,

I have 2 griven scanner type effects about 1kw so super bright even in daylight,

So do you think i should use them ? or not ?

And would you use them or not :P ?

What's the point unless you are using them as a spotlight and even then I wouldn't bother. If it was an evening, then use a bit of ambient light, led pars or something similar.

kjdiscos
31-03-2009, 07:30 PM
What's the point unless you are using them as a spotlight and even then I wouldn't bother. If it was an evening, then use a bit of ambient light, led pars or something similar.

Ok yeah i think your right, one less bit of kit to take,

hours are 3:30-8

DazzyD
02-04-2009, 08:48 PM
As I always add a bit of disco in my karaoke shows, I tend to use a couple of lights. I've been using a couple of LED Tango effects recently to add a bit of action.

Dynamic Entertainment
02-04-2009, 09:34 PM
Ive seen dedicated karaoke outfits use a selection of LED Parcans (both on a t-bar, and a few floorstanding), around where the singer stands, to great effect. Gives it that but off glamour to the singer IMO.

I realise that karaoke is your main earner, but do you play music if youve no singers? As that, IMO, would make you a disco/karaoke and lights may then be beneficial....

kjdiscos
02-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Ive seen dedicated karaoke outfits use a selection of LED Parcans (both on a t-bar, and a few floorstanding), around where the singer stands, to great effect. Gives it that but off glamour to the singer IMO.

I realise that karaoke is your main earner, but do you play music if youve no singers? As that, IMO, would make you a disco/karaoke and lights may then be beneficial....

Yeah we do play music in between, I thought that would be the norm have some led cans on order and i think your suggestion is ideal, Cheers

Paul James Promotions
03-04-2009, 02:05 PM
I usually take an LED bar or a couple of LED pars for the floor behind the singers, just to create a bit of atmosphere.

J

womble
03-04-2009, 02:38 PM
What about a smoke machine, for the stars in their eyes effect.

Tonight Matthew I'm gonna be..... drunk and out-of-key.

djsteve10
05-04-2009, 04:00 PM
I tend to use a couple of Icolour4's on a slow colour change, Then when the music is on just set them to a slow chase or sound to light.

Does the job for me.

kjdiscos
06-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Ok well it went excellent :), Took 2 equinox linked together, on the floor, Was just enough looked good with a bit of smoke,

Got asked to do another hour :), And next sunday and further dates, So looks like another karaoke residency

DJMaxG
08-04-2009, 10:22 PM

I agree there!
Would definately use lighting, but nothing to intensive, par cans or mega bars

Sarahjovi
13-04-2009, 03:55 PM
We always take along a couple of LED lights, adds to the atmosphere!

Sarah:D