PDA

View Full Version : Simple Question On Speakers N Amp

plainman007
05-04-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi,

I already own a Crown XLS 202 Amp (250 Watts Rms Per Channel) coupled with 2 JBL EON-15s type of speakers with 300 Watts Rated Handling Capacity each. each speaker consists of a horn tweeter and a 15" full range. I have used it extensively in conference type settings (meaning its a listening audience not raving as in a disco) to recreate good music and docu presentations for audiences upto 300 in number. Now i might need to have a similar presentation with about 600 people and maybe double the size of venue ive previously handled. So will buying just another set of what i have. 1 more amp and 2 more speakers of the same model suffice for the situation ?

Thank You In Advance....

DeckstarDeluxe
05-04-2009, 04:35 PM
if you positioned them at either end of the room/hall prehaps? That would though require the "source" being sent to both amps which would more than likely result in lots of trailing cables. I take it the room is just "standard" height and not really tall?

I would say if your budget allows invest in some better speakers and keep the current as back up?