PDA

View Full Version : Daslight .SSL for Equinox Pegasus

Vectis
08-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Long shot I know but has anyone done any work building a .SSL Daslight library file for an Equinox Pegasus laser?

So far I've been using mine in simplistic mode - ie. with half a dozen presets; I'd really like to get a proper definition written for it to give me more flexibility.
:beer1:

Tom
08-04-2009, 04:47 PM
I dont have or use a laser but I can create the ssl file if you need one???

Vectis
08-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Cheers Tom. I've created/edited SSLs for simple effects but this one is most unusual in that the setting for channel 1 determines which of channels 2-7 are active or ignored.

The manual is here
http://prolight.co.uk/images/media/11/1116/1116100/EQLA01/EQLA01-um0.pdf
and I've wasted about 4 hours on it already and not got anywhere.

I've got some simple runtime sequences set up to cycle around a few fixed settings but I want to make the whole thing as dynamic as poss.

I also have a thread open on the daslight forum so let's see.

Tom
08-04-2009, 05:02 PM
:lol:

Im working on it now. Ill let you know on here when its made. :)

Tom
08-04-2009, 05:31 PM
PM Sent

Vectis
09-04-2009, 04:55 PM
Well it has to be said that with a bit of a leg-up from my new friend Tom ( :p ) I've now got a working skeleton.

The most confusing and irritating thing I've ever come across cost me about 4 hours of headscratching. I actually thought the unit was faulty at one point until I hooked it up to a DMX desk and pushed physical sliders around to work out what was going on...

... although billed as a 7-channel device, and despite the manual listing

Ch1 does X
Ch2 does Y
Ch3 does Z

etc.

in reality it's an 8-channel device and channel 2 does absolutely nothing!!!

When the manual refers to channel 2, it means channel 3... 3 means 4 and so on :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: Confusingly though Channel 1 IS Channel 1 :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Anyway I've got each channel part-configured to prove that the above was so, and I'm on my way to knocking this on the head.

Cheers Tom!

Excalibur
09-04-2009, 05:00 PM
It's reassuring to see that your idols are merely human after all. :D :D

Tom
09-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Hope it works ok. :confused:

Any problems and I'll try to sort them out. lol. :o :)

lockie2000
11-08-2010, 11:57 PM
Hi guys, any chance someone might be able to send me on a copy of the SSL file ye have created. I too am not exactly getting the results i had expected and am just scratching my head for ages, found this thread and hoping someone might be able to help me out. Thanks guys.