PDA

View Full Version : Laser Software Problems

super-hero
12-04-2009, 01:07 AM
I have some LaserWorld lasers and the Show Director software and usb dongle.

When I plug the lasers into the dongle the laser image is very juddery, is there a setting I need to change to sort this out.

When I use the lasers in stand alone mode or with my dmx controller they are perfect. Could the problem be the driver for the usb dongle.

Any help would be great, or if someone could point me in the direction of a good laser forum.

Cheers.

super-hero
16-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Just in case this is of any help to someone else, I thought I would let you know how this problem was solved.

It turned out not to be a software problem after all.

The problem was that the laser diodes were not earthed to the projector housing. So a quick bit of soldering and now they work fine.

Pe7e
16-04-2009, 11:07 AM
The problem was that the laser diodes were not earthed to the projector housing. So a quick bit of soldering and now they work fine.

Out of interest which lasers are you using? and do you use the laserworld produced shows?

super-hero
16-04-2009, 12:15 PM
I have 2x 300mW and 2x 100mw green lasers, all laser world.
I have the show editor 2008 software and the dongle to run them.

Up to now I have benn using the built in dmx patterns and my dmx controller.

I haven't downloaded any of the shows yet, as I wanted to sort the problems out first. I am using the lasers tonight, but it will only be dmx, but this seems to work well.
I wanted to use the software for corporate work, displaying company logo's etc.

Here is a link to some footage of 2 of the lasers in dmx mode. Sorry for the video quality, looking to buy a good camcorder this week.

YouTube - sound and laser hire