PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: DAP Soundmate active satellites and sub

DJ INDIE
13-04-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm selling my DAP Soundmate active satellites and sub system, which has been with me since new around 18 months ago. previous to this I had EV subs and Warrior tops.

This system gives off a great sound - the sub is fantastic - and they work really well together as a system.

The sub box contains the 3 amps (sub & 2 sats) and you simply connect the sub up to the sats via speakons. It also has 4 heavy duty wheels to ease transportation.

the sub is heavy, make no mistake - but the you can carry both the satellites in each hand. (they have carry straps).

Ive played large weddings, corporate events and parties with this system and still never even got to 2/3 volume of it.

The satellites are 150w each (300w in total) and the sub is 300w - there is a built in crossover.

there are individual knobs for the sats and sub, so you can tailor make your sound.

as the satellites are in effect 'passive' you can swap for other passives if you decided too.

a quick look on google and the cheapest price i can find is £650-750+

more spec at;

http://www.e-av.co.uk/active-1

The system is in good condition, jus a few scratches on the sub from gig use.

If you want the sub sound but not the extra carrying of 2 large tops and 2 large subs, plus extra cabling and external crossovers etc - these are a great system to use.

any questions, just ask, ta

offers around £300

Cj_The_Dj
13-04-2009, 07:27 PM
do the tops have flying points?

are they 8" drivers

i cant pm you?

DJ INDIE
13-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Hi CJ,

I'll try and sort the PM issue - i didnt think id disabled it.

The satellites have 8inch drivers and are rated at 150w each.

sorry, i dont know what you mean by flying points?

the sub itself has thru puts to incase you want to link up other systems. and also a ground lift button.

i'll take a photo of the back of the sub and add in a short while.

ta

kjdiscos
13-04-2009, 09:47 PM
are you able to post ? if so how much you looking for carriage ?

Excalibur
13-04-2009, 09:49 PM
Hi CJ,

I'll try and sort the PM issue - i didnt think id disabled it.

The satellites have 8inch drivers and are rated at 150w each.

sorry, i dont know what you mean by flying points?

the sub itself has thru puts to incase you want to link up other systems. and also a ground lift button.

i'll take a photo of the back of the sub and add in a short while.

ta
According to the link you posted, the sub is 400w. and tops are 130w each, thus close to the 2:1 ratio advised. It also tells CJ that the tops are 8".
Flying points: threaded sockets for inserting threaded eyes for wires to suspend them, thus flying. ;) :D

DJ INDIE
13-04-2009, 10:03 PM
Hi all, sorry I cant post as its way too heavy, but I can either meet within an hour of Manchester area if needbe to drop off.

the system I have (just got home now and checked) is the Soundmate 1 and has 150w satellites (each) and 300w sub.

sorry for any confusion.

the satellites dont have flying points, but do have the usual top hats and carry handles.

thanks

kjdiscos
13-04-2009, 10:04 PM
Hi all, sorry I cant post as its way too heavy, but I can either meet within an hour of Manchester area if needbe to drop off.

the system I have (just got home now and checked) is the Soundmate 1 and has 150w satellites (each) and 300w sub.

sorry for any confusion.

the satellites dont have flying points, but do have the usual top hats and carry handles.

thanks

Ok how are you wanting payment, And what kind of times are you able to meet, in say buxton ?

DJ INDIE
13-04-2009, 10:07 PM
quick pic, the white light is just the flash, if you need any more, let me know - i'll try and get one of the full system, thanks

DJ INDIE
13-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Ok how are you wanting payment, And what kind of times are you able to meet, in say buxton ?

payment by either cash on delivery or paypal (before delivery).

I can meet in Buxton any time or day this week mon -fri, afternoon if possible - but im easy.

thanks

Cj_The_Dj
13-04-2009, 10:23 PM
are you just selling the sub and tops as there or is there leads etc. included?

DJ INDIE
13-04-2009, 10:39 PM
I was going to sell just the subs and the tops for £300.

If you want I can throw in all the leads:

1 kettle power lead
2 10m XLR leads (amp to sub)
2 10m Speakons

for £320 - so you have the full set up.

Solitaire Events Ltd
13-04-2009, 10:41 PM
are you able to post ? if so how much you looking for carriage ?

Trade would be cheaper, wouldn't it? :sj:

Tom
13-04-2009, 10:42 PM
Just had a look on the website and the tops are 130watts rms and the sub is 400 watts rms. - http://www.highlite.nl/index.php/highlite/silver.econtent/catalog/highlite/entertainment_products/dap_audio/speakers/soundmate_series/soundmate_active_1_mk_ii

I know its the MK2 but it looks the same as the pictures in this thread. lol.

This looks like a good little system. The sub is quite loud at 129db max spl (theorectically) but the tops are on 116db spl(theorectically), which is not all that good to be honest.

Still, looks like a cracking little system. :)

DJ INDIE
13-04-2009, 10:59 PM
the satellites are 150w and the sub is 300w on this system, and the spls will prob be slightly different. They are designed to work as a system and therefore compliment each other, rather than separate tops and separate bass bin.

got to admit (and this is easy to say i know) that if you heard it youd be amazed. the sound is really warm, and the big sub just produces sounds very hard to get out of normal speakers especially for modern dance and RnB etc.

its been ultra reliable and ive never even nearly had it 2/3 of its volume, even for big venues.

this type of system is not mentioned that often, but if anyones curious you should check them out.

DJ INDIE
14-04-2009, 09:33 PM

hi, just wondering if you are you still interested? I have 3 people very interested now - all i can do to be fair is sell to the first one who gets in touch. if no one replies i'll have to put on ebay for the same price.

thanks.

Cj_The_Dj
14-04-2009, 09:35 PM
sorry I'm out because Ive got a better offer

Jiggles
14-04-2009, 09:36 PM

Since when was this Dragons Den. :eek: :D

DJ INDIE
14-04-2009, 09:43 PM

no worries. I like the W-Audio, if you do go for them.

DJ INDIE
15-04-2009, 11:26 PM
last photo ive got for the people interested, shows the small chips and scratches - just from gig use - never abused or banged etc.

DJ INDIE
16-04-2009, 04:11 PM
Item Now Sold.