PDA

View Full Version : VERY WELL KNOWN DJ EQUIPMENT BRAND - Question

OllieJames
16-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Hi All,

I'm going to revamp my setup a bit over the coming months, and am looking at buying a laser. I was searching through HTFR and found a laser that looks pretty good. However, with the brand name being 'VERY WELL KNOWN DJ EQUIPMENT BRAND' i'm not sure whether to trust it or not. What do you think?

Here is the link. (http://www.htfr.com/more-info/MR291812)

Thanks, Ollie

DeckstarDeluxe
16-04-2009, 06:22 PM
ollie i think this was discussed a short while ago but cant remember the thread title. Adam F should be able to help?

OllieJames
16-04-2009, 06:24 PM
ollie i think this was discussed a short while ago but cant remember the thread title. Adam F should be able to help?

Ahh okay :)

I'll have a search!

Excalibur
16-04-2009, 06:48 PM
Basically the theory is that a dealer buys truckloads of an item at a knockdown price, and the seller doesn't want their name associated with such a price cut. That's the edited version. ;) :D

Ollie, if you do go for it, let us know your views, but not necessarily the make.;) :D :D

Starlight
16-04-2009, 07:10 PM
The laser looks like a crappy Laser World laser - am I allowed to say the brands name?

Our lasers are far better ;)

Best wishes,

Neil.

OllieJames
16-04-2009, 07:26 PM
The laser looks like a crappy Laser World laser - am I allowed to say the brands name?

Thanks for the constructive comment

:D

Dynamic Entertainment
16-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Peters pretty much got it right :)

OllieJames
16-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Basically the theory is that a dealer buys truckloads of an item at a knockdown price, and the seller doesn't want their name associated with such a price cut. That's the edited version. ;) :D

Ollie, if you do go for it, let us know your views, but not necessarily the make.;) :D :D

Thanks for the reply! :)

I had no clue that they'd do that!

DJ James Lake
16-04-2009, 09:05 PM

Its not that. Its that they are too ashamed to say :)

They are Soundlab with there new rebranding which is something like LabFX. I had one for a week before sending it back and getting a Kam

Solitaire Events Ltd
16-04-2009, 09:07 PM
I think we should wait for Adam Forgie to tell us rather than speculating.

Excalibur
16-04-2009, 09:37 PM

Indeed we should. In my defence, I seem to remember his previous answer to the last time this question was asked resembled mine in many regards. Coincidental that, don't you think? ;) :D :D :D :D Have a look at post #4.;) ;)

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18635&highlight=manufacturer

Wonderful thing, this search facility. :D :D :D

Dynamic Entertainment
16-04-2009, 09:42 PM
This is quite a common thing for manufactures to do.

They offer us a good deal, or we buy in bulk (ie hundreds of the same product) so we can sell them for silly prices.

The manufacture does not want us to publish their name with the product for two reasons:

A) other retailers question it straight away with the manufacture (ie Why are HTFR selling that mixer/dual cd player/laser for less than my trade price??)

Well its because the small time dealer is buying 1, 2 or maybe 10 at a time, not 500, 600 or 1000)

B) it under values the manufactures name ("if HTFR can sell that less than half price, then they must be :Censored:, and not worth the original price, perhaps all the products from that one company are :Censored: and should be all half price.

This is 100% right, and other retailers on here will also confirm this!

For example:
Go to your local Homebase store, and take a look in their paint ailse. If you want good quality paint, you buy Dulux or Crown, or if you want a bargain, you buy Homebase owns brand. This is actually Crown paint, but Crown don't want them selling Crown paint that cheap as it undermines the quality in the perception of the customers eyes.
( I used to be a Sales Manager for Homebase LoL)

This is certainly not the case.

HTFR is one of, if not the largest DJ Megastore in Europe, and does not deal with "dodgy" products.

They have considerable buying power in the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.

The models are branded, all images have been photo shopped out for the website and in the new sale catalogue.

As Peter said.... :D

Adam_F
16-04-2009, 10:16 PM
Someone call?? :D

Pretty good summary!!

Our lasers are far better ;)

Best wishes,

Neil.

You can say what you want Neil! I thought I mentioned earlier they were not Laser World ones. Never heard of Laser World to be honest.

Its not that. Its that they are too ashamed to say :)

I think you'll find it's not!

They are Soundlab with there new rebranding which is something like LabFX. I had one for a week before sending it back and getting a Kam

again, I'll think you'll find they are not.
As far as I am aware, FX Lab don't do tri-coloured ones.

The ones linked to are NOT FX Lab, some of the plain green and red ones were, but then some were also Prolight ones, Kam ones etc.... just depends when you bought and what we had in at that time.

Someone with some sense at last LoL

I don't work in the warehouse, and honestly couldn't say which model of this laser we have in at the moment, as we shift serious amounts everyday.

Might be a wild and crazy idea, but give us a call. You'd of had your answer in about 2 mins of being on the phone.
I'm in tomorrow, if you have any questions, just ask for me, I'm not a scarey person (well depends who you ask on here LoL), and I'll answer any queries you have.

Dynamic Entertainment
16-04-2009, 10:49 PM
Someone call?? :D

Pretty good summary!!

You can say what you want Neil! I thought I mentioned earlier they were not Laser World ones. Never heard of Laser World to be honest.

I think you'll find it's not!

again, I'll think you'll find they are not.
As far as I am aware, FX Lab don't do tri-coloured ones.

The ones linked to are NOT FX Lab, some of the plain green and red ones were, but then some were also Prolight ones, Kam ones etc.... just depends when you bought and what we had in at that time.

Someone with some sense at last LoL

I don't work in the warehouse, and honestly couldn't say which model of this laser we have in at the moment, as we shift serious amounts everyday.

Might be a wild and crazy idea, but give us a call. You'd of had your answer in about 2 mins of being on the phone.
I'm in tomorrow, if you have any questions, just ask for me, I'm not a scarey person (well depends who you ask on here LoL), and I'll answer any queries you have.

HTFR pay you overtime for this Adam?.... Seriously though, it may be worth them having someone sign up as a rep for stuff like this :)

Excalibur
16-04-2009, 10:52 PM

You frightened the crap outa me when you told me how much that Urei mixer was!:eek: :eek: :( :( :(

Adam_F
16-04-2009, 11:00 PM
HTFR pay you overtime for this Adam?.... Seriously though, it may be worth them having someone sign up as a rep for stuff like this :)

LoL

I wish!!

No-one will, there's no other mobile guys there really with access to a screen most of the day.

As I've said before, I'm here as me, not a company, but when people do ask, I will explain as best as I can. Does :Censored: me off though when I'm sitting here at 11:57pm justifying it LoL

You frightened the crap outa me when you told me how much that Urei mixer was!:eek: :eek: :( :( :(

Ha Ha, and it's going up in price too I'm afraid! It's getting more and more exclusive.

I'm really tempted to get the 1620LE at the moment for the studio, would love a rotary!

jamesh
16-04-2009, 11:08 PM
Ha Ha, and it's going up in price too I'm afraid! It's getting more and more exclusive.

I'm really tempted to get the 1620LE at the moment for the studio, would love a rotary!

Slightly off topic here but i just got to say it...

GO ON YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO :D

Excalibur
16-04-2009, 11:08 PM

Git! :p Wish I'd bought one when it was only £350. :eek: :( :( :( :(

That's not in question. ;) :D :D Has that starcloth dropped below £99 yet? :confused: :confused:

Adam_F
16-04-2009, 11:13 PM

Only so you can get your hands on it :p

Git! :p Wish I'd bought one when it was only £350. :eek: :( :( :( :(

D'oh!!

Will be able to do something for you ;)

jamesh
16-04-2009, 11:23 PM
That's not in question. ;) :D :D Has that starcloth dropped below £99 yet? :confused: :confused:

Sadly not... Can't really let it drop under the price quoted as we'd be loosing money on it as it's a custom size and unless i order over 1000 in one go i can't get the price below £100 - and at this moment in time i can't justify 1000 lol

May be able to do you a better price on a 2m x 1m if that helps?

Only so you can get your hands on it :p

ha ha ha what me???? yeah ok it's true :D

Anyway i think we need to bring this back on topic...

Tom
16-04-2009, 11:47 PM
I don't know if this is possible but if anyone knows this brand of light, could someone give me a link to some kind of manual??? All will be kept on the quiet side. :)

Interested in what this laser can offer. :)

Bouncy Dancefloor
17-04-2009, 01:54 AM
the casing looks kind of similar to a Kam Cluster, no idea on the insides

the other model they had with a similar "major brandname" description was identical to an EU Laser model, but im not sure if it was an OEM model or not

thats presuming its a UK company, that they are not just importing direct from the OEM companies in China

OllieJames
17-04-2009, 07:28 AM
Thank you Adam! :)

SC Events
17-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Don't want to disrespect any lasers lol but I went to HTFR on Saturday and had a look at this laser and It wasn't very bright (mind you, they have one helluva smoke machine in the lighting demo thingy)

I ended up coming out of the shop spending almost another £100 more than I had planned as I bought a Kam Star Cluster 3D.

(Which Adam very kindly showed me how to DMX it yesterday - I'm new to DMX! :D)

Cowlinn
17-04-2009, 12:11 PM
From personal experiences, basically, stay clear.

Pe7e
17-04-2009, 12:42 PM
From personal experiences, basically, stay clear.

Of What? And why?

DeckstarDeluxe
17-04-2009, 06:29 PM
Don't want to disrespect any lasers lol but I went to HTFR on Saturday and had a look at this laser and It wasn't very bright (mind you, they have one helluva smoke machine in the lighting demo thingy)

I ended up coming out of the shop spending almost another £100 more than I had planned as I bought a Kam Star Cluster 3D.

(Which Adam very kindly showed me how to DMX it yesterday - I'm new to DMX! :D)

Its odd you say the laser wasnt very bright then brought a kam one lol

In all fairness the cluster is a pretty nice laser