PDA

View Full Version : Acme HP2s Haze Fluid

OllieJames
17-04-2009, 07:13 PM
Hi All,

I have the Acme HP2s Hazer and I am very impressed with it, however i'd like some thicker smoke/haze. The current fluid i'm using is the iSolution Light haze, so i'm guessing i buy the dense fluid?

However I have heard of some people using smoke fluid in them? Who does this & what are the effects? Is it dangerous to the machine?

I like the appearance of smoke at a gig for a young crowd, but i like the way a hazer blows the haze out and up at an angle.

I have used the search tool, but it doesn't really give me an answer.

Thanks, Ollie

deltic
17-04-2009, 08:12 PM
hi ollie,
i have used both in mine with no ill effect

personally i find haze fluid a bit watery but oddly enough it seems to hang about longer.
when i use smoke fluid i get a thicker burdt initially but it seems to dissapear faster.

OllieJames
17-04-2009, 08:19 PM
hi ollie,
i have used both in mine with no ill effect

personally i find haze fluid a bit watery but oddly enough it seems to hang about longer.
when i use smoke fluid i get a thicker burdt initially but it seems to dissapear faster.

Hey, thanks for your reply!

Could you tell me which haze fluid & smoke fluid you use? Also, i assume you use the same hazer?

Thank you! :)

OllieJames
18-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Any more feedback?

Thanks.

spin mobile disco
19-04-2009, 01:51 AM
I use zoom haze fluid it has a good density. I use the medium density and it fils fine and lasts quite well. I used Jem light haze before and that was pretty good but uses more fluid to keep it going as it is no light.

Try www.decks.co.uk for fluid as they had some on offer last month at £10 for 5 litres

Shakermaker Promotions
19-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Ollie, I mentioned it before. I use the Acme dense haze fluid and it works great. I have used the light haze before and it's not as...er..dense, obviously.

OllieJames
19-04-2009, 03:40 PM
I use zoom haze fluid it has a good density. I use the medium density and it fils fine and lasts quite well. I used Jem light haze before and that was pretty good but uses more fluid to keep it going as it is no light.

Try www.decks.co.uk for fluid as they had some on offer last month at £10 for 5 litres

Ollie, I mentioned it before. I use the Acme dense haze fluid and it works great. I have used the light haze before and it's not as...er..dense, obviously.

Thanks for your replies, i'll have another look around - as i was struggling to find the dense fluid.

Corabar Steve
19-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Just add some Propylene Glycol or Vegetable Glycerine (available at most chemists / pharmacies) to the mix to get some thicker haze

OllieJames
19-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Just found the dense haze, finally after lots of searching. CPC are doing it for £16.

Stupid question for you; but would the dense fluid make ALOT of difference compared to the light fluid?

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-04-2009, 04:45 PM
I don't get why you want thicker haze? Why not just buy a smoke machine instead?

OllieJames
19-04-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't get why you want thicker haze? Why not just buy a smoke machine instead?

I like the appearance of smoke at a gig for a young crowd, but i like the way a hazer blows the haze out and up at an angle.

Thicker haze would last longer than my current 'light' haze. My current haze disappears quickly in a room with no movement. So i'd imagine when i have people dancing the haze will dissappear at an even quicker rate.

Solitaire Events Ltd
19-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Should have bought a smoke machine and a fan then.

OllieJames
19-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Should have bought a smoke machine and a fan then.

The point of me buing a hazer was to not have a huge cloud of smoke appear, as the majority of my gigs have been for older age groups. The only reason i'm asking for denser fluid, to enable the haze to last longer.

DJStevie
13-12-2013, 07:32 AM
The point of me buing a hazer was to not have a huge cloud of smoke appear, as the majority of my gigs have been for older age groups. The only reason i'm asking for denser fluid, to enable the haze to last longer.
Hi Ollie, how did you get on with this in the end please? What did you get?

discoworld
13-12-2013, 10:47 AM
The Dense fluid is what you need and I think that will give you what you want. The Light fluid sells for £10 and the dense for £13.

You will find the Acme HP fluid also under Prolight and Atmotech brands too. I think they are moving to the Atmotech brand for all the effects machines.