PDA

View Full Version : One mixer channel louder than the other

thex-faders
19-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Hi all,

For a while now, our mixer has been outputting higher on one channel than the other. We are using a Citronic CDM8:4 with a Soundlab 600 watt amplifier with LED readout for the volume and one is always higher than the other meaning that the outut level is more from one speaker than the other.

Have changed the leads and this has made no difference, so is it a mixer problem?
If so what could it be?
Thanks all

Just realised this is in completely the wrong section, could an admin move it please?

Creature
19-04-2009, 09:02 PM
they suffer from dry joints - mine was cured by a quick trip to loacl engineer - took around 45 mins and cost me 35.00

Jiggles
19-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Moved to correct section.

DeckstarDeluxe
19-04-2009, 09:11 PM
know it sounds daft but..................

you checked the balance is set to centre and not slighty to left or right.

BeerFunk
19-04-2009, 09:22 PM
I had this recently, and discovered that it was because the left channel phono lead wasn't plugged in fully :o

(Obviously if you have checked the leads, this can't be the problem?)

thex-faders
20-04-2009, 11:19 AM
know it sounds daft but..................

you checked the balance is set to centre and not slighty to left or right.

The citronic mixer doesnt have a balance control on it just bass, mid, high & gain control for each channel.

I had this recently, and discovered that it was because the left channel phono lead wasn't plugged in fully

(Obviously if you have checked the leads, this can't be the problem?)

I thought this might be the problem originally but it wasn't on just one channel but all of them! :bang:

they suffer from dry joints - mine was cured by a quick trip to loacl engineer - took around 45 mins and cost me 35.00

What are dry joints?

Cheers

discomobiledj
20-04-2009, 11:50 AM
A dry joint is when the solder dries out on the connection to the board hence the word "dry joint".

A simply re-solder will fix the problem

Kernow
20-04-2009, 12:31 PM
Hi all,

For a while now, our mixer has been outputting higher on one channel than the other. We are using a Citronic CDM8:4 with a Soundlab 600 watt amplifier with LED readout for the volume and one is always higher than the other meaning that the outut level is more from one speaker than the other.

Have changed the leads and this has made no difference, so is it a mixer problem?
If so what could it be?
Thanks all

Just realised this is in completely the wrong section, could an admin move it please?

Are you running the mixer in mono or stereo ?. If it's the latter there is usually an imbalance of frequencies and volume between Left & Right to give the overall sound.
I know the following probably doesn't apply to you .... but....
it's more apparent with Karaoke CD's where the left channel contains the backing only and the right, more backing + vocals

Alternatively it could be that one of your LED Bars is more or less sensitive than the other

Cj_The_Dj
20-04-2009, 01:45 PM
have you tried wobbling your master slider? ive had it when the slider was faulty!

thex-faders
20-04-2009, 04:44 PM
A dry joint is when the solder drys out on the connection to the board hence the word "dry joint".

A simply re-solder will fix the problem

Thanks very much for clearing that up, I will take a look and then if thats the problem take it to an electrician!

Are you running the mixer in mono or stereo ?. If it's the latter there is usually an imbalance of frequencies and volume between Left & Right to give the overall sound.
I know the following probably doesn't apply to you .... but....
it's more apparent with Karaoke CD's where the left channel contains the backing only and the right, more backing + vocals

Alternatively it could be that one of your LED Bars is more or less sensitive than the other

I am running in stereo, and thought it may have been that due to default left channel being mono that more sound would output through it but it is not an imbalance in the track volume as I have run it through audacity to check the stereo are the same, and they are.

have you tried wobbling your master slider? ive had it when the slider was faulty!

I will try this as well!
Thanks for the advice all, am back at uni for the next few weeks so will try all suggestions wen I go back and let you know what the problem was!

Tom