PDA

View Full Version : T-Bar Advice Needed!

alexlite
22-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Hi there,

I have 2 x T-bars that i want to rig 8 lights to (4 lights on each T-bar).

My T-Bars are rated at 20Kg's Each.

Total weight for my 4 lights per T-Bar: 6.5kg + 2.4kg + 2.4kg + 6.5kg= 17.8kg

Total weight = 17.8 kg / My T-bar is rated 20kg max.

The weight still seems a little too heavy, but in principle the t-bar should be able to handle the weight as it is rated at 20kg's, im really worried that the weld on the t-bar wont be able to handle the weight even that it says it can, i bought the t-bar from maplin, im not too sure how safe these are, but i guess maplin wouldnt sell something thats not safe.

Whats your verdict, or should i save and get another T-bar to spread the weight?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Alex

Dynamic Entertainment
22-04-2009, 02:43 PM
If its rated at 20kg then take it at that value. You have done all needed for a risk assessment, youve worked out your loadings, and its below. If the stand then fails i cant see how its your falut. Thats how we work with road sign windloading, you do get the odd dodgy weld, but youve (as we do) done all the calculations and deemed it safe. :)

OllieJames
22-04-2009, 03:33 PM
I also have a Maplin T-bar, but i replaced it with a goalpost when my lighting load got to 15KG because the stand just seemed to bow alot.

However, from reading your post it looks like you've done all the research and your lighting load is under 20KG. So i'd say it's safe.

I would only buy another T-bar when you've got a few more lights.