PDA

View Full Version : NADJ After Show Meal and drinks

jamesh
23-04-2009, 01:02 PM
Right guys and girls... Lots of people keep mentioning it but nothing is confirmed so what about this for a suggestion....

After the NADJ Show at 9pm we head off to Jimmy spices for a meal

Followed by drinks somewhere on broadstreet - should be plenty to choose from.

Jimmy Spices has a choice of Italian, Thai, Indian & Chinese cuisines and is likely to be around £12.99 per head... I have contacted them but before they are willing to discuss discounts or say if they are able to accommodate us all they want 100% numbers from me so i said i'd get back to them tomorrow.....

SO if you are interested and don't mind paying ME before sunday to 100% confirm you place i will get it booked up by the end of business tomorrow!

JIMMY SPICE'S Sample Menu - Indian

Starters:

Mixed Vegetable Pakora, Vegetable Samosa, Papri Chaat, Aloo Chaat, Dhokla, Bhel Puri
From the Chargrill:

Seekh Kebab, Garlic Chicken Tikka, Chicken Malai Tikka.
From The Tandoor:

Naan, Garlic Naan, Tandoori Roti, Lachcha Paratha, Onion Kulcha.
From the Tawa:

Romali Roti.
Main Courses:

Chicken Tikka Masala, Lamb Rogan Josh, Saag Paneer, Tarka Dal, Aloo Gobhi, Vegetable Jalfrezi, Pulao Rice.
Desserts:

Ras Malai, Gulab Jamun, Rasgulla, Moong Daal Halwa, Gajar Ka Halwa.

JIMMY SPICE'S Sample Menu - Chinese

Starters:

Chinese Fried Wanton, Spicy Chicken Wings, Pork Spare Ribs, Vegetable Spring Rolls.
Stir Fry:

Lamb, Chicken, Prawns, Egg Noodles, Mushrooms, Pok Choy,Bean Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots & Bean Curd, Mixed Peppers with a sauce of your choice.
Main Courses:

Jasmine Rice, Sweet and Sour Chicken, Beef and Black Bean Sauce, Beef with Szechuan Sauce, Tiger Prawns with Garlic Sauce, Chicken with Cashew Nuts and Water Chestnuts, Shrimp with Garlic Sauce.
Desserts:

Jelly.

JIMMY SPICE'S Sample Menu - Italian

Pasta:

Penne / Spaghetti.
Sauces:

Bolognese Tomato Sauce / Al Formaggi Sauce.
Accompaniments:

Basil Pesto, Chilli Flakes, Bacon, Capers, Olives, Sun Dried Tomatoes.
Freshly Made Pizza:

Fine combination of Pomodiro Pillete and home-made pizza base.
Toppings:

Artichoke, Pineapple, Ham, Shrimp, Sweetcorn, Mushroom, Mixed Peppers, Tomato, Pepperoni, Chicken, Jalapeno.
Main Courses:

Baked Fish, Chicken in Mustard Sauce, Vegetable Lasagne, Herb Roasted Potatoes.

JIMMY SPICE'S Sample Menu - Thai

Starters:

Thai Fish Cake / Thai Vegetable Spring Rolls.
Main Courses:

Beef Red Curry / Chicken Green Curry / Prawn Penang Curry
Salad Station

Thai Som Tam / Yam Woon Sen Gong.

JIMMY SPICE'S Sample Menu - Salads

Salad Station

Mexican Enchilada / South American / Chicken and Mango / Mayonnaise / Middle Eastern Tabuleh / Babaganough / Indian Dahi Bhalla / Aloo Chana Chaat / Thai Sorn Tarn / Yarn Woon Sen Gong / Potato Au Gratin.

JIMMY SPICE'S Sample Menu - Desserts

Home made Desserts

Strawberry & Lemon Cheesecake, Chocolate Brownies, Pinapple Cake, Freshly Cut Fruits, Ice Cream, Gulab Jamun, Ras Malai, Creme Caramel.

JIMMY SPICE'S Sample Menu - Lunch Menu

Fresh Healthy & Quick Lunch

Our Fresh Healthy & Quick lunch consists of a great selection of sandwiches, pizzas, starters with choice of sauces, salads with choice of dressings, Chinese stir fry section, Indian main courses with Rice and Naan bread.

Please Note: Lunch has a fewer selection of dishes than evening dinner.

For more info see... http://www.jimmyspices.co.uk/jimmy_spices_...ngham_home.html

SO i'll start the list (copy and paste and add your name if you are willing to 100% commit!)

100% Up for the meal and will pay before end of tomorrow

James H

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-04-2009, 01:31 PM
Sorry to go off topic so soon, but isn't 9pm a bit late to eat? Can't we eat earlier?

jamesh
23-04-2009, 01:37 PM
Problem is they have various times it was 7pm or 9pm... i think 7pm will be a bit of a push for everyone who has stuff to break down after the show... Then freshen up at the travel lodges etc... Pretty sure last year it was something like 8.30 - 9pm before we ate as they were starting to shut down by the time we were leaving...

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-04-2009, 01:51 PM
Problem is they have various times it was 7pm or 9pm... i think 7pm will be a bit of a push for everyone who has stuff to break down after the show... Then freshen up at the travel lodges etc... Pretty sure last year it was something like 8.30 - 9pm before we ate as they were starting to shut down by the time we were leaving...

Yeah, I remember. I might eat earlier then and meet for the drinkies. If I eat, I can't drink for quite a while after. ;)

Adam_F
23-04-2009, 02:19 PM
100% Up for the meal and will pay before end of tomorrow

James H
Adam F

Corabar Steve
23-04-2009, 07:17 PM
I might eat earlier then Take some sarnies with you then :sj: The catering at the museum was terrible last year.

If I eat, I can't drink for quite a while after. ;) Definitely take some sarnies

meet for the drinkies. Sod the food let's just do the drinkies :BeerDevil:

Penfold42
23-04-2009, 07:20 PM
Sod the food let's just do the drinkies :BeerDevil:

:jumping: .....I might just stay over next year. :o :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Sod the food let's just do the drinkies :BeerDevil:

I agree. Then a large kebab at 2am? :D

Corabar Steve
23-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Bare in mind also that it's a Sunday. What's likely to be open for a reasonable drink after you get out from your meal? Loads of places shut at 11 on Sundays.

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Bare in mind also that it's a Sunday. What's likely to be open for a reasonable drink after you get out from your meal? Loads of places shut at 11 on Sundays.

Nah, plenty was open last year in the centre....Not your kind of place though Steve...all funky house and alcopops!

Corabar Steve
23-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Come to think of it I found a damn good bar in Leeds after last year's DJSN after everyone else had gone to bed.

Danno13
23-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Nah, plenty was open last year in the centre....Not your kind of place though Steve...all funky house and alcopops!

I seem to remember drinking some belgium beer at £1 a bottle last year, went down quite nicely too :)

Solitaire Events Ltd
23-04-2009, 09:18 PM
I seem to remember drinking some belgium beer at £1 a bottle last year, went down quite nicely too :)

I remember that too and it was horrible. So much so that I ended up drinking some blue stuff in a bottle...

DeckstarDeluxe
23-04-2009, 10:05 PM
I remember that too and it was horrible. So much so that I ended up drinking some blue stuff in a bottle...

Did you end up in a garage knocking by BP Screenwash? ;)

Corabar Steve
24-04-2009, 07:53 AM
& you hated that so much that you drank some more after DJSN

Solitaire Events Ltd
24-04-2009, 10:00 AM
& you hated that so much that you drank some more after DJSN

Only 'cos I couldn't fit any more Guinness in. ;)

Adam_F
24-04-2009, 10:48 AM
Any more up for this??

We've got 6 confirmed so far.

The place is right on Broad St in Birmingham, so plenty of places to go for drinks! (they'll even sell girlie drinks for Darren :whistle:)

DeckstarDeluxe
24-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Ive just joined the NADJ and ummming and arrrrring about going. I dont have any work on saturday either.......

DJMaxG
25-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Only 'cos I couldn't fit any more Guinness in. ;)

I can spot you and James H.

Looks a lot different to the Avatar

Excalibur
25-04-2009, 11:27 AM
I can spot you and James H.

Looks a lot different to the Avatar

It's incredibly difficult to miss Darren. ;) :D :D He's sort of omnipresent. :D

Solitaire Events Ltd
25-04-2009, 11:29 AM
Ive just joined the NADJ and ummming and arrrrring about going. I dont have any work on saturday either.......

Go on! You know you want to!

It's incredibly difficult to miss Darren. ;) :D :D He's sort of omnipresent. :D

Not sure if that's an insult or not...:mad: :D

Excalibur
25-04-2009, 11:51 AM
Go on! You know you want to!

Not sure if that's an insult or not...:mad: :D

Darren, I'm shocked and deeply offended at that remark! :eek: :( :( :( How on earth could you believe I'd insult a man of your integrity and reputation. :confused: :confused:
(Especially since you've got something I want to buy! ;) :D :D :D :D )