PDA

View Full Version : The NEW Numarks NS7

thex-faders
24-04-2009, 08:28 PM
So what does everyone think?
Local pub / club just got one of these and I saw it in use last night!
Must say im extremely impressed!
Would anyone use it for mobile dj'n or should it go into clubs mainly?
I dont think it would beat Pioneer MK1000's or other CDJ's on the market?

BeerFunk
24-04-2009, 09:09 PM
By the look of the setup in the picture, they aren't directly comparible to Pioneer CDJs anyway. I've always found Numark to be reliable enough most of the time, but for precision cueing and mixing - not quite up to the standard required for me.

Adam_F
25-04-2009, 02:02 PM
The NS 7 is awesome! The build quality, and performance of it is brilliant. Yes, its got a Numark badge on it, but this is unlike anything they have done before.

Trouble is, they've built an expensive piece of kit, with a VERY limited target audience. It's not something for a club install, unless you can guarantee every DJ that plays there, is a laptop DJ, and has a copy of Serato Itch installed on their lappy. Its too big and bulky for mobile guys, and if your using the included laptop stand your DJ deckstand needs to be about 4ft DEEP!
For bedroom DJs and turntablists, it's excellent, and I can't fault its performance at all (well not when you've installed the fix for pitch waivering). We've had it in the showroom since Monday, and we can't keep the staff off it (myself included), let alone customers!

Rowleys
25-04-2009, 02:09 PM
play with it to day and its wicked

only if i had the money

it was somthink like £1330

Adam_F
25-04-2009, 02:17 PM
play with it to day and its wicked

only if i had the money

it was somthink like £1330

Yep, £1349

Tom
25-04-2009, 02:43 PM
Is that an all in one unit I take it???

Does look quite good though. :)

Adam_F
25-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Is that an all in one unit I take it???

Does look quite good though. :)

It is yeah.

yourdj
26-04-2009, 05:09 AM
The itch is good. one of my dj's has only that and a mac. ultimate mobile kit. no extra mixers etc.