PDA

View Full Version : megamix

JSideFx
25-04-2009, 05:32 PM
hi all.
Im looking for a program that would allow me to make mixes that would last 30 or so each.
Thanks
J

Solitaire Events Ltd
27-04-2009, 10:48 AM
http://www.mixmeister.com/

JSideFx
28-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks, Its for my cousin he wants me to put a couple of cds together for the 1st hour of his party b4 the band starts.

genetix
10-06-2009, 10:52 PM
Mixmeister is great, I started using about two months ago and got around a dozen good 1 hour plus mixes done, but you can shorten to what you require..

Silver
12-06-2009, 06:45 PM
hi all.
Im looking for a program that would allow me to make mixes that would last 30 or so each.
Thanks
J
30 or so what, tracks, minutes or what?

JSideFx
18-06-2009, 01:51 PM
minutes

thomsonmwdj
15-09-2009, 10:00 PM
virtual dj is without a doubt the best software to use for making your own mixes, its easy, and fun with samples ie. make your own samples to mix in with your mixes its great.

simonp
17-09-2009, 04:17 PM
hi all.
Thanks
J

Of the programs I've used and have got, I'd recommend Mixmeister first off, as you can totally perfect and tweak your mix (not peforming it in real time) before recording or burning it.

Or if you want to peform and record I'd go for Traktor Pro.

huma
17-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Here is another vote for mixmeister. Very easy to use although it took me a while to figure out. I have found it harder to beatmatch older songs or songs with complex beat patterns but this is where you get to be creative.

DJ Jules
17-09-2009, 05:19 PM
Here is another vote for mixmeister. Very easy to use although it took me a while to figure out. I have found it harder to beatmatch older songs or songs with complex beat patterns but this is where you get to be creative.

I'm assuming everyone has the "Express" Version at $49, not the Studio at $199?

Julian

simonp
17-09-2009, 06:14 PM
I'm assuming everyone has the "Express" Version at $49, not the Studio at $199?

Julian

No, as unless I'm mistaken I don't believe the express version lets you record, and mixmeister fusion live (which comes bundled in with a few controllers) certainly has the record function disabled so you have to upgrade.

DJ Jules
12-10-2009, 06:58 AM
No, as unless I'm mistaken I don't believe the express version lets you record, and mixmeister fusion live (which comes bundled in with a few controllers) certainly has the record function disabled so you have to upgrade.

Loooong delay in replying here, but I've just come back to playing with MixMeister and the express version does let you both export to .WAV or .WMV and burn to CD. BUT there's a whole bunch of really good features missing from Express (like Loops, Overlays, etc) which really limit the kinds of transitions you can make in mixes.

I might have to buy the Studio version - it's REALLY good :)

Julian

DiscoPromotions
12-10-2009, 08:51 AM
Mixmeister is great, I started using about two months ago and got around a dozen good 1 hour plus mixes done, but you can shorten to what you require..

I agree as I personally use it live with the mixmeister control console.

Vectis
12-10-2009, 09:00 AM
Can't believe this thread has reached 13 posts and no-one's mentioned the P word ... what's going on? :confused: :D