PDA

View Full Version : Which LED lights for party?

rich333
04-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Hi, I am looking for some advice of which LED lighting for my families birthday party (mainly 20year olds).

I hear LED lights are the best as the bulbs dont blow and they are low power so this is the route I want to take.

But, I havent a clue which type and how many to buy?! :confused
I would liek something that is quite fast moving and NOT cheesy 70's disco.

My budget is around £100-£150max.
The room is about 15x25 metres but is very high (10metres+) so I want to fix the lights up above.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks
Rich

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Use the search facility please.

Penfold42
04-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Hello - please read this -

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=11711

Thank you. :)

rich333
04-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi, I have done the above. Searched but got info about party sound systems set ups, smoke and all sorts.
I was hoping that someone could just give me some good examples of what to get i.e. which make and model? I only want to get 1-3 lights, just want to know what people would go for.

Thanks.

Kernow
04-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi, I am looking for some advice of which LED lighting for my families birthday party (mainly 20year olds).

I hear LED lights are the best as the bulbs dont blow and they are low power so this is the route I want to take.

But, I havent a clue which type and how many to buy?! :confused
I would liek something that is quite fast moving and NOT cheesy 70's disco.

My budget is around £100-£150max. The room is about 15x25 meters.

Any advice would be greatly received.

Thanks
Rich

Hi Rich

If this is a one-off event as your post infers, I don't think bulb life will prove an issue for you, although even brand new ones have been known to blow.. Certainly the larger LED effects such as the Acme Impossibled and its' variants would provide you with versatile coverage of a room of that size and would be within your budget ,as even a single one is pretty impressive.

Good Luck with your party.

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-05-2009, 08:08 PM
Searching for LED lighting brings up 20 pages and on the 2nd page is this thread.http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18429&highlight=lighting

That took me all of 30 seconds.

rich333
04-05-2009, 08:12 PM
HI thanks for your reply. I wihave a look at getting the Acme Impossibled then. What 'variant' would you get to go with this? The room is very high so I can hang the lights up above. I dont want to end up with too little ot too much light.

Thanks

rich333
04-05-2009, 08:26 PM
Searching for LED lighting brings up 20 pages and on the 2nd page is this thread.http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18429&highlight=lighting

That took me all of 30 seconds.

Sorry but I havent got the time or technical IQ on DJ lights to read 20 pages on the subject.
As I say if your a mobile DJ could just say which LED models you would go for, that is all I am after. That would take less then writing a full post!
The Revo roll looks ok.

Thanks

Solitaire Events Ltd
04-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Sorry but I havent got the time or technical IQ on DJ lights to read 20 pages on the subject.

You didn't have to read 20 pages. There was a thread on the second page and it took me 30 seconds to find it.

The search facility is there so that people don't have to ask the same questions over and over.

Thread closed.