PDA

View Full Version : rcl pm speakers

mark karaoke
05-05-2009, 01:01 PM
has anyone else used these speakers--- they come in 12" and 15" models - look exactly the same as the old model jbl eons,but are a lot cheaper. i have both sets and to be honest i can't fault them for the price. the 12's are especially good. i have put them side by side with the ev 12's both powered through an fbt powered mixer and they were of an identical sound quality yo my untrained ears. got to be one of the best buys out there

Tom
05-05-2009, 03:24 PM
They just look like cheap knock off of other cabs. Looks like they have even used a Class-D design as well. lol.

SC Events
05-05-2009, 03:30 PM
I have a pair of the 600W RCL Speakers.

I know many people on here will laugh or shake their head (or both :D) but they are good enough for me at the moment and give a pretty good quality sound.

Here is a picture of my set-up with them:

http://www.mobilediscodirectory.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=19286

juice
25-10-2009, 08:52 AM
As a follow up to mthe above I have a pair of 1210s that I run as a basic set off a 600 watt amp. Now as stated above they are ok for the small venue but somewhat limited in power. One of them has developed a buzzing sound on high volume which cant be detected from the dancefloor but I can hear it. Firstly what is up with it and secondly are there UK service centres for RCL? I did see on a previous thread that RCL were bought by Mackie is that true and do we use the Mackie repair service? Thanks all

A1DL
25-10-2009, 09:04 AM
The budget speaker manufacturer RCL are based in Watford:
http://www.rclspeakers.com/

They are nothing to do with Mackie. Don't confuse RCL with the pro audio manufacturer RCF. I'm sure RCL wouldn't want that and that's nothing to do with why they called themselves RCL in the first place.

Booche
25-10-2009, 09:50 AM
I use a pair of Rcl 1510's and again find nothing wrong with them but i shall soon be getting rid for a pair of Ohm 12's from a good guy off here ( soon as he back off holiday that is ) lol

SC Events
25-10-2009, 11:59 AM
why they called themselves RCL in the first place.

I've had a few problems with mine recently, so they have been replaced with some better speakers.

I'm beginning to think that R.C.L stands for Really C**p Loudspeakers lol :D

juice
26-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Just out of interest what probs did you have and what speakers have you upgraded to?

juice
27-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Got a response from electromarket where I bought the speakers apparently i should not run the speakers at max output for too long as this would lead to the component parts blowing thus causing the distortion. I think to sell anyone a package that has a 600 watt amp and two low powered speakers is a bit off. Ho Hum lesson learnt hard way I guess. :)