PDA

View Full Version : Mobile phone problem....

Penfold42
05-05-2009, 06:51 PM
My mobile phones just not working....zip, nadder, zilch.....FUBAR!

It's just switched itself off.....and I can't get it to strike up again.
I seem to remember reading some where....that if you have not saved to sim....it's possble you have lost the numbers......:cry: ...that was a while back.

Has the gadget world moved on or am I going to regret this?

Thanks.

Jiggles
05-05-2009, 06:55 PM
Is it charged :p

Penfold42
05-05-2009, 06:59 PM

You can be a right mellon when you want to be.....:p

I'm no techno geek...but this has been in the car charger for over 2hrs. :(

Excalibur
05-05-2009, 07:01 PM
My mobile phones just not working....zip, nadder, zilch.....FUBAR!

It's just switched itself off.....and I can't get it to strike up again.
I seem to remember reading some where....that if you have not saved to sim....it's possble you have lost the numbers......:cry: ...that was a while back.

Has the gadget world moved on or am I going to regret this?

Thanks.

Two thoughts.
1) Can you substitute batteries to fault find?
2) Try cleaning the battery terminals, often with an eraser. Oxidation here is not unknown.

Edit:

I'm no techno geek...but this has been in the car charger for over 2hrs. :(

Then check that there's power to it, as it will probably flatten the battery , rather than charge it. ;)

Jiggles
05-05-2009, 07:02 PM

Me, a Mellon, Never :P ;)

Solitaire Events Ltd
05-05-2009, 07:17 PM

LMAO! :D

Penfold42
05-05-2009, 07:32 PM
LMAO! :D

You can shaddup....:p :D

Tom
05-05-2009, 07:52 PM
I don't like car phone chargers as I have found they take a lot longer to charge a phone. I mean, even my sat nav never charges (and yes it does work when no one is in the car with me before someone starts, lol), which is odd.

Have you tried charging the phone from a plug on the wall??? If you give the phone 10 minutes on charge from the wall, this allows you to turn the phone on if it was completely dead.

DeckstarDeluxe
05-05-2009, 08:07 PM
you will find chargers that arent plugged into the mains need the battery to have some juice in before it can top up the phone battery. For example I had one that you plugged in from the laptop but if the battery was dead (phone battery) then it wouldnt charge up at all.

Penfold42
05-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the replies....:)

1) Can you substitute batteries to fault find?

Took the spare battery out of the spare phone.......and charged it up...

Then took it to the car....no charge. Looks like the car caharger is fubar.

Thanks once again. :)

rob1963
05-05-2009, 11:26 PM
I don't like car phone chargers as I have found they take a lot longer to charge a phone. I mean, even my sat nav never charges (and yes it does work when no one is in the car with me before someone starts, lol), which is odd.

I don't like car chargers either. The best way to charge things is by plugging them into the mains.

As you say, it's much quicker as the mains has more herbs than any car charger (or computer usb socket, come to that). That's why I always charge my mobile phone, satnav & ipods via a mains socket.

Glad to hear you've isolated the fault, Tony.