PDA

View Full Version : kam starcluster 140

mark karaoke
13-05-2009, 03:50 PM
i have done something really stupid
i forgot my keys at a gig, so stupidly i used a penknife to try to turn it on--- seems to have effected the laser,still comes on but doesnt give out pattern on walls ,maybe i have dislodged it--- anyone know where i can send it to get it sorted
I DONT THINK THE WARRANTY COVERS IT SOMEHOW !!!
many thanks mark

OllieJames
13-05-2009, 04:22 PM
i have done something really stupid
i forgot my keys at a gig, so stupidly i used a penknife to try to turn it on--- seems to have effected the laser,still comes on but doesnt give out pattern on walls ,maybe i have dislodged it--- anyone know where i can send it to get it sorted
I DONT THINK THE WARRANTY COVERS IT SOMEHOW !!!
many thanks mark

I wouldn't have thought that turning it on with a penknife would let it turn on but not project anything... Have any dipswitches been knocked? How old is the unit?

mark karaoke
13-05-2009, 04:27 PM
unit was bought in febuary 2009,the key receiver is now turning right round---- the laser is showing on in the front i.e red and green but not showing on the walls
stupid thing to do i know !!!

OllieJames
13-05-2009, 04:37 PM
unit was bought in february 2009,the key receiver is now turning right round---- the laser is showing on in the front i.e red and green but not showing on the walls
stupid thing to do i know !!!

Right okay.

I'd say that the key switch is buggered and definitely needs fixing. Do you mean that the laser beams are not as strong as they were? Surely if it was emitting then the laser would be on the walls? You may have knocked the diode out of alignment?

mark karaoke
13-05-2009, 04:41 PM
thats what i think i've done---- laser is showing when you look at the light --- but dosent show up on the walls ---- is that a big job to fix ????
and do you know of anyone who can fix it ???

Charlie Brown
13-05-2009, 04:42 PM
Yeah I was about to the same Ollie. I have just had the same problem with my purelight laser. It will be a problem with the diode. :approve: I believe you can get it fixed pretty cheaply or on some lasers the diode has a separate warrantey to the laser unit it's self.

OllieJames
13-05-2009, 04:42 PM
thats what i think i've done---- laser is showing when you look at the light --- but dosent show up on the walls ---- is that a big job to fix ????
and do you know of anyone who can fix it ???

I would send it back to Kam, or alternatively take it to a local DJ store and see if they can fix it. Chances are they'll send it to Kam anyway.

mark karaoke
13-05-2009, 04:45 PM
ok --- many thanks for your advice -- will send back in the next couple of days
cheers mark

OllieJames
13-05-2009, 04:48 PM
ok --- many thanks for your advice -- will send back in the next couple of days
cheers mark

No problem, good luck!

Ajaysdisco
20-05-2009, 11:09 AM
I know this is pretty obvious and its too late now, but I would suggest in future you keep the key attached to the unit on a small chain.
I hope you manage to get it fixed.

mark karaoke
20-05-2009, 01:01 PM
kam are looking at it now --- hopefully will be sorted soon
thanks

Chris1984
21-05-2009, 06:59 AM
why dont you leave the key switch in the on position?

spin mobile disco
21-05-2009, 05:59 PM
SOme lasers the key can come out even when turned on so it can still go walkies. I replaced mine with a covered security switch which doesnt need a key but is hidden under a cover. To be honest laser is always in reach of me not clients so a key is not required.

Chris1984
21-05-2009, 07:20 PM
what i mean is turn it on and take the key out.

All your going to do is have it on anyway...

mark karaoke
28-05-2009, 05:56 PM
:) :) :) laser is fixed.kam have sent it back this afternoon ---- hopefully here tomorrow or saturday
cost me £84 :bang: :bang: :bang: --- but will be great to have it back

mark karaoke
11-06-2009, 11:48 AM
laser is back --- good as new
sorry its been a while but lost broadband(moved house)
took advice from the forum and key is now on a chain ---- many thanks

Cj_The_Dj
12-06-2009, 12:00 PM
laser is back --- good as new
sorry its been a while but lost broadband(moved house)
took advice from the forum and key is now on a chain ---- many thanks

I would just put the key on your car keys, you'll never forget it again.